Saint Kilda Hotels

Our Members Say

• hassan_abu profile photo hassan_abu
  • Reviews: 621

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cosmopolitan boutique hotel: Budget but not backpackers

Except for the hiccup the first night, our stay here was prettty average.
The only good thing is the location. Right next to the boulevard, where the action is, and walking distance to the beach and luna park. Very convenient to go to Melbourne City Centre, just take tram 16, and you will be in Flinders Street in about 10 minutes.

The bad part is, the hotel walls are very thin, you can hear the tram noise from your room.
It can be quite noisy during summer nights, as the party revellers sream into the night. If you can't sleep, might as well join them : )

• Written December 6, 2009
Tip Photo

• lesaandbill profile photo lesaandbill
  • Reviews: 241

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

NOVOTEL ST KILDA: Lives up to the Novotel reputation

this hotel is in a convenient place. st kilda is one of the funnest areas of melbourne...and there's plenty to do and see right around the hotel. Whether it's laying out on the beach...chilling at a sidewalk cafe...catching some good food or wine, shopping...or hanging out for some good nightlife...you can't go wrong in this area.

Plus... if you want to venture into the city or anywhere thruout Melbourne...it's an easy tram ride away...

• Written June 17, 2006

• aussiedoug profile photo aussiedoug
  • Reviews: 248

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

NOVOTEL ST KILDA: Great Family Accommodation on The Bay/Beach

We stayed here the weekend of the AFL Grand Final from Fri afternoon September 23 to Sunday September 25. We were lucky to get in here as we were a group of 5, myself, wife, twin girls & my father-in-law. When we made the decision to all come down there were only 2 hotels in Melbourne (through QANTAS readyrooms) with available rooms & we would have had to book 3 rooms. Too expensive!

So, we used my Advantage Plus Membership to ring & find what they had available in either Sofitel, Novotel, Mercure or Ibis hotels in Melbourne. We picked up the last family suite in the Novotel St Kilda & having stayed in St Kilda before I was very pleased to be going back.

The staff there were extremely helpful & friendly. The best in Aussie style service.

I would definitely recommend this to travellers for a number of reasons that I will explain below.

So, why stay here?

One of the things I liked best about it was the location. Front rooms have a lovely view across St Kilda Beach & across that part of the bay. In terms of location within St Kilda, it is well placed to walk back around to Fitzroy Street & the cafes, shopping & entertainment there & also well places to walk around to Acland St where even more dafes, shopping & entetainment is available, especially the famous Acland St Cake Shops.

Our girls loved it because it had a great swimming pool that was heated just nicely as it was still a bit chilly to be swimming in an outdoor pool. They also loved staying here as Luna Park was only a couple of minutes down the road.

Straight across the road was the St Kilda Sea Baths complex wherein are 3 different dining choices & the indoor baths. In front of that of course the beach & the girls had a play there when we were having breakfast at the Beachcomber Cafe on the Sunday morning.

All in all a great spot to stay & all within an easy 15 minute tram ride or just under driving the car.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written October 20, 2005

Novotel St Kilda from the beachfront

• aussiedoug profile photo aussiedoug
  • Reviews: 248

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Marque Hotel: Gr8 Spot in Fitzroy Street

This is a good value hotel in a great position close enough to everything St Kilda has to offer the traveller.

VTer Mel - Mesoblonda & I stayed here (in separate rooms I might add, wouldn't want you wondering after all...., lol!) for the Melbourne August 17 VT Dinner Meet at SoulMama's Restaurant at the SeaBaths in St. Kilda.

Service was very good with friendly & helpful staff.

Rooms are not huge, but certainly spacious enough to be comfortable.

I'd certainly stay here again & would recommend it to others as long as you are comfortable with a 3 & 1/2 - 4 star hotel without a swimming pool. Like most things in life it just depends on what you want as an indiviual. I prefer a swimming pool, but don't always get to take advantage on one when I do stay at a hotel with one & on this stay it wasn't an issue.

Really convenient location with a tram stop within 50 metres walk & also lots of cafes & restaurants available as well. Not to mention a short stroll across to the beach/bay.

It's sort of boutique style hotel accommodation so again if you prefer either the top end of the spectrum at the Grand Hotel or Backpackers at the other end this place may not be for you. Have to say however it was just fine for me.

The attached photo was a sunset view out of my window. However not all rooms had views like this. I know Mel's room looked out onto buildings in the opposite direction to mine so if this sort of thing is important to you, you'd best ask them for a room with a view to the city when you check in.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Arts and Culture, Beaches