Fremantle Colonial Accommodation Terrace House

#15 of 19 hotels in Fremantle
Poor (1.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 33 reviews

Worst place I have ever stayed in!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 30, 2011

This is the worst place I have ever stayed in. The rooms were ok but the service does not exist!!

I just finished staying here for a week and a half and it was organised through work. When I arrived I was instructed the keys were in the letter box and there was no sign of anyone. I arrived late friday afternoon and could not get in contact with anyone until monday. I was informed that they provided meals and tried to contact carol the owner on the phone they provide in the hall to contact them. The mobile number it was diverted too was turned off all weekend and the land line had a message to call back between monday to friday within business hours. Would hate it if you had a real emergency!

The car parking out the back is terrible!! There are 4 parks but one in front of the other so the possiblity that 2 cars at the front can be blocked in. The poor man staying in one of the other rooms when he was door knocking at 10pm at night to try and find someone to move their car. I asked him if he had been incontact with the owners as I was having difficulty contacting them he said he had tried calling but no answer and when he arrived the keys were in the mail box.

In the whole time I stayed there the rooms got cleaned once (this being on the 3rd day of stay) so for the rest of the time the bins were overflowing a there was an ant infestation!! I also ran out of toilet paper.

The tv was a small 30cm right up in the corner of the wall and could hardly see anything. There was no microwave. To start off I had 2 towels, the 3rd day i was there they took one of the towels and never changed anything after that.

I was informed that we would have use of the washing machine but when I went to use it the back door was locked. When my work finally got in contact with carol there was a note under my door saying the washing machine was broken and if I want to leave my dirty clothes in the hall cupboard she would was them for me. Im sorry but I dont think that is ok!!!!

I asked carol if she might call me a taxi as I needed to go to the airport and she informed me she didnt do thaat for people.

There was also a sign that said if there was any makeup on the sheets or fake tan you would be charged $100 for cleaning fees.

In summary - the rooms arent that bad and the bed was comfy just dont get cleaned, tiny tv and no microwave. The service is appaling!! Its like the owners dont want to be contacted and dont care if you have problems. I have no idea how they are running this business but they are doing a poor job! If you can stay somewhere else I would highly reccomend you try!

Parking Problems

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2008

We have just completed a 3 night stay at the Terrace House. The stay overall was okay but the whole experience has been ruined because of car parking problems.

The website advertises off street parking.... The only problem is, there are 4 car parks (1 per room) but, the way they are set up means 2 cars are always blocked in.

We contacted the owners as someone was parked behind us and we needed to checkout early and were told that it was our responsiblity to track down which of THEIR guests were parked behind us. Not something we were happy with coordinating.. least of all at 10.30pm!

Lucky for us we walked everywhere for our three days and were only inconvenienced on departure.

This accommodation IS NOT SUITABLE if you have a vehicle and require regular access to it.

We won't be staying again!

Nearby Fremantle Colonial Accommodation Terrace House

Fremantle Colonial Accommodation Terrace House

• Fremantle Colonial Accommodation - Terrace House Hotel Fremantle

Address: 215 High Street, Fremantle, Western Australia, 6160, Australia

Amenities at Fremantle Colonial Accommodation Terrace House

• Free Parking

Fremantle Travel Forum

Need advice about Fremantle, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Fremantle and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Fremantle hotel reviews

Fremantle Markets
Fremantle Town Hall
Vasco da Gama Monument
Things to Do
Fishermen's Memorial (The Jetty)
Bon Scott Statue
The Fremantle Ferris Wheel
Things to Do
Pietro Porcelli: sculptor to the rich and famous
Things to Do
Browse to your heart's content at the Freo market
Fremantle Fresh Food Markets
Burgers for a Complex Palate
A Converted Factory Warehouse Brewery
James Squire on Tap
Restaurants
Interesting things to look at as well as good food
Gourmet pizzas
Restaurants
Excellant Food and Atmosphere!!
Restaurants
Food, drink, music and a fun atmosphere
Restaurants
More Than Just a Fish N Chips Shop!
Restaurants
Eat, drink and fall over.
VISIT FREMANTLE PRISON.
Market browzing
Freo markets
Little Creatures
Visit historical Round House
Things to Do
Do not pass "Go". Go directly to jail!
Things to Do
Beers at Little Creatures on Sunday afternoon.
Round House