200 Hay Street, East Perth, Western Australia, 6004, Australia

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Comfort Hotel Perth City

Perth City Hotel

by Partyhat

I will be travelling from Mauritius to Perth in Feb for 15 days. I have booked at Perth City Hotel, 200 Hay Street. Does anyone know the hotel? Location? Any alternative? Rate is Aus$ 75 for a twin room with breakfast.

Thanks

Re: Perth City Hotel

by Perthgerl

Location is good. You are within walking distance of just about everything in the centre of town, as well as being close to King's Park and Subiaco. Hay Street runs right through the centre of town. Ask for a high floor room. It will be quiter.

There is a free bus in the centre called the CAT. It goes close to where you are staying and can take you all over the city centre. Ask for a CAT map when you arrive.

I have never stayed at the hotel, so cannot comment.

Re: Perth City Hotel

by Tina-Perth

It is funny to see this question, as I went to the restaurant there last night for a friend's birthday and met the manager of the place, so I asked him if I could look around the rooms as I contribute to some travel forums.

The hotel is now called Comfort Hotel Perth City. It has been freshly refurbished. It is a very basic hotel (3-3.5 star), but it is one of the cleanest hotels I've seen around the world. The beds, carpet etc are all new. I'm not sure about your rate, as I asked for a copy of the rates and the ones I have here range from $96-$106 for a Studio Twin. Prices include GST and a full breakfast.

It is centrally located and has a restaurant downstairs. I must say that I was not impressed with the food, however I met the new manager who starts on Tuesday and he said there will be a new chef starting soon.

There are tea/coffee/ironing facilities in-room. Also a hair-dryer. I think you would be satisfied there.

Re: Re: Perth City Hotel

by Tina-Perth

When I wrote comment I hadn't actually read the previous reply. The Comfort Inn is at the opposite side of the city to King's Park and Subiaco, but is within $10 taxi fare of getting there. With all respect to previous poster, Hay Street runs a long way, too far to walk, but still easily accessible.

Re: Re: Perth City Hotel

by Partyhat

Many many thanks Tina and Perthgerl. Going from the Hotel to King's Park maybe can be done using the free CAT bus instead of taking the taxi. The published rate is actually AUD 90 to AUD 100 but I managed a 25% discount as my son will enrol at Curtin Uni and mentioning Curtin allows us this discount. I will be leaving in two days and am looking forward to it. Thanks again. Cheers.

Comments