Crowne Plaza Hotel Perth

Crowne Plaza Perth
IHG Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Openseas's Profile Photo

ewarded for what we paid for.

To be fair in this review - we were upgraded to a two bathrooms (with spa), large lounge room,kitchen, dining room and large balcony suite overlooking the swan river.The reason for that is we are members of Priority Club Rewards. It fantastic how everytime we stay at Crowne Plaza Hotels they recognise our membership and we seem to always have fabulous suites for our stay.

The service at checkin and checkout was fast,efficient and friendly. The staff always had a smile oh their faces and seeked to be helpful.

The foyer was comfortable with a small reception area to sit in. The restaurant at night was good, although my man was disappointed in the size of meal.

OVERALL: A terrific stay, as world travellers we found this hotel to offer excellent value for money.The service and staff have to be noted as one of the finest.

Unique Quality: PROS:Great river views. Suite 1201 fantastic...if you have the money then book it. Friendly polite and cheerful staff. Good restaurants. Taxi service to and from airport excellent.Good size balconies.Modern furniture and comfortable bed and rooms. It would be to your advantage to join Priority Club Rewards.

CONS: A bit of a walk to the main part of town.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Good City Hotel Overlooking Swan River

This hotel is part of the Intercontinental chain and falls into the 4 star or better category. We stayed there overnight to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had an enjoyable time, however we felt our room was let down by the bed which had seen better days and was not what we expected from a 4 star establishment.Location was good, valet secure parking Au$7.50, a nice pool, gymnasium which we did not enter and very friendly staff.

The "Jewel in The Crown" was the Gusti Restaurant on the ground floor, our evening meal was superb, the service good and a nice atmosphere. Breakfast the next morning matched the standard and the quality of food on offer was outstanding.

Unique Quality: A fantastic restaurant, great views of the Swan River and South Perth, and only a 15 minute walk to the city centre.

Directions: Eastern end of city directly in front of The Esplanade parkland and the Swan River.

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Perth

Excellent for special dietary requirements

by TripAdvisor Member Bwucey

What a lovely surprise this hotel was.
We booked primarily because of a good price and locality as we were going to a show in the city.
I was very impressed from the start when our car was whisked away and our luggage taken by efficient well dressed staff.

The river views are much more spectacular than from other more expensive hotels and the balcony was spacious and private.

I am gluten intollerant and that sometimes makes eating out a chore. But the hotel restaurant had clearly marked menu showing gluten free foods and other dietary special needs.
At breakfast they supplied me with gluten free cereal and toast, stopped back to make sure it was suitable and even asked the chef for the brand name when I asked where I could purchase it, after apologising that it wasnt home made because of allergy safety and assuring me it was the best they could outsource.

And when a freak accident happened and I cut into a juicy tomato and the juice squirted onto my white shirt the staff hurried over with soda water and linen napkins so I could blot the spills so it didnt stain.

The restaurant is fine dining and the prices reflect this (average $30 for a main course) but the quality of the food reflected the fine dining prices.

In all a very plesant stay, I will stay there again. Next time I hope it isnt raining so I can take advantage of the free bike hire to explore the river cycle ways.

Loved it - great for business or travellers alike!

by TripAdvisor Member KGB_4

I stayed at Crowne for 4 nights in early October and cannot fault a thing. Though it was a business trip, I'll be checking in at Crowne on my next trip to Perth for holiday.
Breakfast - though I'm a vegetarian, and don't eat eggs, the selection was huge! Freah coffee brought to your table. Lots of fruit and a number of cerials to choose from. For the carnivors, there was a large varitey of hot and cold selections.
Dinner - I had room service 2 nights and the lasagne and pizza were both excellent and reasonably priced.
Staff - what can I say - they could not do enough for me. The wait staff, reception, bar and concierge - all friendly helpful and above average.
Room - I was lucky and had a river view room which was just beautiful to wake up to and sit on my balcony with a coffee. Lots of space in the room, average size (but very clean and modern) bathroom. When I first got there, I noticed a leak from the tap - I reported it and it was fixed the next afternoon! Oh - and very comfy bed! The furnishings were modern, neutral and lovely too.
Location - well, there's not a whole lot close by - you'd have to walk up to the Barrak St ferry, or into the city but this is in no way a problem. If you want ot be where the action is - stay in Northbridge.
Overall - I am on the road a lot and have stayed at many supposed 5 star hotels - Crowne out shines them all. Truly, they should have a look and see what service is!
PS - business facilities - absolutly fantastic! great lunches, prompt breaks and all day coffee for the delegates - made my job so much easier! Well done Crowne - you are all stars!

hospital style

by TripAdvisor Member bi17

If you are interested in a hospital-style-accomodation, this is the place for you. Yes, the side-entrance is the main entrance. The small lobby seems to be a part of the italian restaurant. Staff had a take-it-or-leave-it attitude. The rooms are dark, the window commands a fine view to a construction site. The bathroom is simply disgusting. The breakfast is pricey (the italian restaurant is the breakfast area) and offers a very limited choice. Would never recommand this depressing place.

1 of our favourites

by TripAdvisor Member Esther2

We've stayed at the Crown Plaza a few times now. We always feel comfortable there. Its a very relaxing hotel away from the city centre but close enough to take a short taxi ride or a leisurely walk. The staff there are really good, very friendly and efficient. The hotel faces the Swan river so you can take a stroll or jog along Riverside drive. The Gusti (Hotel restaurant ) is fine dining and although it's a little expensive (depending on your budget) the food is very good. We find the breakfast a little bit too expensive at $25 per head, and choose to go elsewhere and get a hearty breakfast at half the price, we couldn't justify paying $50 for breakfast. Valet parking is $15 a night, its a nice touch to have your car parked for you and brought to do the door when your leaving or just want to go for a drive, the valets are really polite and friendly. All in all we like the staff and the atmosphere of this hotel. Maybe a nice idea would be to have a little music or some sort of background entertainment in the hotel lounge area in the evenings its a nice area to sit and have a drink or a coffee but it's a bit dead, I'm sure people would stay around abit longer for a few drinks after dinner if this area was more lively. We will be staying again for Christmas. Watch this space....

Nice hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member 000385

Stayed at this hotel earlier this year and enjoyed our stay. While the room we had was not luxurious it was spacious & immaculately clean with a lnice bathroom. I would probably ideally rate this hotel a 3.5 as opposed to a 4. The hotel is in a lovely location along the water front and the pool is fantastic, perched high up on one of the higher floors with a wonderful view. Overall I would recommend this hotel ... it is not luxurious but is a good choice nonetheless in a very good location.

Take care which room...

by TripAdvisor Member Lostalicia

The Reception staff were great when we arrived late after non appearance of taxi. They offered complimentary drinks, snacks.
Room decor was very good BUT it overlooked a building site similar to the photo in another review. I was told these were standard rooms so be careful what you book. We were there four days and scarcely any cleaning was done in that time in spite of asking after two days. Dining room was good - pleasant views, staff and good food - if pricey. Didn't try breakfast, joined the builders in nearby cafe ! Quite a walk from town but the free buses stop just a block away and are very good. Perth city centre is great. Lovely shops, good places to eat. River trips to South Perth and Fremantle well worth doing..Check out market days in Fremantle - quite something.

Views are lovely

by TripAdvisor Member CHSJakarta

Stayed here for 3 nights with my son as part of a week trip stay in Perth. For 1st night stay, I had booked via lastminute.com for a double bed and river view but when we check-in, the reception could not offer the room as we've booked except to pay the additional of AUS$20. After we've take a look the room as she offered and expecting us to pay for the additional rate, then we agreed stayed in room overlooking Swan River.

The room was not large but have amazing views, had a lovely private spacious balcony which i enjoyed sitting, smoking and look at the view.
The decor is standard, featured a flat screen TV. The bathroom was clean and compact even the bath tube is too small and not that comfortable/agility to get into.
The concierge were very helpful, however the receptionist should learn more how to welcome the guest. The internet connection at the Business Center was a bit slow.
The location of the Hotel is directly opposite Swan River, can jog a long riverside drive and within 10 minutes walk to Swan Tower where can take a ferry to go to South Perth.
The night space was particularly pretty especially sunset time, so we did not even close the curtains. That's why we extended our stay for another 2 nights at this Hotel.

The views are lovely but other than that nothing special.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ozzies<25

Booked through Australiahotels.com.

Pros-Clean and modern hotel room. Great sized bathroom with good amenities. Free internet and printing access. Close enough to sight see perth without being stuck in the CBD. Views from pool.

Cons- Preferences of one king or queen river view room were not met. Were put in a standard twin room with view of construction instead. Jacuzzi at pool would be great, pool not very deep more a lap pool.

Comments