Cnr King and Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia, 6000, Australia

Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo

Rydges

I was in Perth, first time in Australia for business. I was lucky to be booked in this hotel. It is very comfortable and in the middle of a very nice area.

Unique Quality: Large rooms, sauna, massage, fitness, restaurant cbd,
    Very good concierge

Very good image of the Australian hospitality

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Rydges Perth

We stayed for a night at Rydges Perth in Hay street and found it very comfortable. A yummy hot breakfast was included in the price. It is very close to the shopping mall and transport and the Swan river is not far. Highly recommended.

• On our Perth and WA trip the...

On our Perth and WA trip the only pre-booked accommodation we made was for our first 2 nights, at the Rydges Hotel. We chose the majority of the many other places we stayed from info in our Lonely Planet Guide, or from info at the various Tourist Info Centres. There'll be info on where we stayed in my travel log, which will be added soon.

Unique Quality: A good central location within walking distance of the shopping malls and the Swan River.

More about Rydges Perth

Pretty good

by TripAdvisor Member MimTraveller

I stayed at this hotel for a week accompanying my husband for business.
Usually I stay at the Hyatt on business and have not been impressed so I was looking forward to seeing if this was better.

When we checked in, the front desk was very professional but on entering our room I was not happy to find hair all over the floor in the bathroom. I rang the front desk and they did send a cleaner within a few minutes who vacuumed but the floor did not feel clean after that as obviously it had not been mopped. So I had to lie down towels in the bathroom before I would step on it as who knows how long it hadn't been mopped for.

Overrall the room was a good size with a comfortable bed. The staff were very friendly and professional. The restaurant was ok, we only ate there one night and the food was pretty ok hotel style food. Very close by is a great restaurant for fine dining called "e-cucina" which I would recommend.

The hotel's location is unbeatable. It's right in the heart of the city and amongst fashionable King St if you like your designer shopping. It's only a one minute walk into the shopping malls and only a short walk to the river.
I would stay here again but hope for a clean room next time. I would definetely recommend staying here over the Hyatt.

Rydges - Very Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AlanSusan

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights commencing the 24th November. We had booked an executive room (not to be confused with a club executive room).

The room itself was very good, very spacious and had an airy feel due to two large corner windows. The room was on the 8th floor with a view into a courtyard, this was fine as we did not pay extra for a city view. The room was clean, quiet and and the staff were generally helpful, particulary the concierge. The room also had a widescreen LCD TV with two comfortable armchairs. It is quite common for hotels to only provide one armchair.

The location of this hotel, as has been mentioned many times, is second to none and is near to everything.

The only criticism was that not every executive room has an in room safe. When we asked for one at checkin, we were told that none were available. Whilst this was only a minor inconvenience to us, it could be a deal breaker for some people.

Overall, subject to the availability of an in roomsafe, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and would definately stay there again.

Slow coffee

by TripAdvisor Member Vatachino

It took well over 10 minutes to get my coffee from arriving in the restaurant at breakfast time. The system works like this: You get a plastic card from the cashier which entitles you to a coffee, and find a table. You then browse the buffet, and come back to your table, sit down, and start eating. A few minutes after you've sat down, somebody comes and asks you what coffee you'd like, and removes your card. So there is a big gap between arriving and even ordering coffee. And then the one person at the coffee machine is overwhelmed by a whole hotel-full of people arriving at once, and so actually making the coffee takes ages.

A couple of suggestions, Rydges:
1. Ask the customer what coffee they would like right up front, rather than giving them a small plastic card
2. Invest in a faster coffee machine, or have 2 of them

I, for one, like to have my coffee with my breakfast rather than after I've finished it. Especially when jet-lagged. And more than one coffee, too. I notice that in a reply to a previous review you say you've done away with the bulk-brewed coffee. As a serious coffee drinker I can say that the coffee, when it came, was excellent. But if there was coffee on tap, I'd have drunk it in preference to the wait I endured.

The remainder of my experience was fine - the bed comfortable, the concierge efficient at booking whale-watching trips.

Nice but could be improved

by TripAdvisor Member jah123

Rydges is a nice hotel with a good location in Perth. The room was nice and I had breakfast in the club lounge, which was ok but not great. I had a very nice dinner in the restaurant and the setting is nice since you can eat outside. The people are friendly at the hotel but the front desk clerk at night had cancelled my room even though it was guaranteed by a credit card (Visa). Luckily, they still had a room available as it was 2AM when I arrived from Singapore. My main suggestion is to reduce the charges for in-room internet. The charges are the highest I have encountered in the world--even higher than London. There is free wifi in the lobby but it was too slow to be useable except very early in the morning.

A good hotel with one or two niggles

by TripAdvisor Member whyone

I stayed in The Rydges in November 2007 whilst attending the ASEG conference.

My room was very comfortable - spacious, light and well equipped. the LCD TV is an especially nice touch. The bed was especially comfortable.

The food provided for breakfast was very good, but as other reviewers have noted, getting a coffee with, rather than after, your meal is something of a mission!!! The 'card' system (you are given a white plastic card when you are shown to your table, which you then pass to your waiter/waitress when you order your coffee) is both bizarre and inefficient!

The breakfast room / hotel bar is a large, room, with attractive stone floors. However these hard surfaces means that noise echo's aroud this space making it very noisy indeed - especially in the evenings when it is functioning as a bar.

Not Great

by TripAdvisor Member IndigoNorfolkEngland

Hotel & room good but Staff/Service in need of improving. When leaving & entering the hotel there is no acknowledgement by front desk staff unless we greeted them first. The service in the resturant at breakfast was poor and like other reviews we received our tea about 20minutes after our breakfast! (this was after chasing them up twice). Needless to say we didn't eat in there again. An OK hotel but won't be returning.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member MCheat

Great location in the heart of Perth. Excellent restaurant/bar which very popular with locals and guests alike. Rooms are good size with excellent (and much appreciated) air conditioning! Bathrooms lovely and clean though low quality towels. Internet ridiculously expensive.

Comments