207 Adelaide Terrace, Perth, Western Australia, 6000, Australia

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• ytanay's Profile Photo

Absolutely disappointing

Stayed there for 3 nights in Jan 09 and had to change rooms twice!! First was because the air-conditioning was not working properly. It was summer and you really need the A/C! The next room we moved into, there was no water in our room. When i informed the concierge I was told that I had to wait till the next day to change to another room. Can you imagine staying in the room without water supply? And that was the best the Sheraton could offer...another room the following day!

At the end of our they waived charges for the minibar and internet usage (which wasn't much anyway). I wouldn't go back there again.

• Carino's Profile Photo

Sheraton Perth Hotel

We had to organize a conference in Perth and chose the Sheraton Perth as our Hotel.

The Sheraton in Perth was the first Sheraton in Australia and you can tell by the old fashioned design of the meeting rooms. Nevertheless we started our meetings and were interrupted by a very loud drilling sound. The worst part was, that the management had no idea where the noise was coming from and they needed more than 30 minutes to stop it. But the noise came back over and over again...

There were some more incidents where the management just didn't shine. At least the rest of the staff was very helpful and supportive.

Unique Quality: The hotel rooms, the meeting rooms and the breakfast buffet were standard.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Fab river views

On arrival we were upgraded to an executive room due to being Starwood members. Our room 2210 was a little on the small size but adequately furnished for a Sheraton. The bathroom was moderate size with lovely toiletries and fluffy towels.

The lobby area is very appealing with a lovely spacious reception area. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful with no complaints except for the restaurant.

For a Sheraton Hotel we felt the food and the menu was below the normal standard and we did complain. To us ,they had huge problems within the kitchen, our food we ordered was completely wrong and a pizza which I had originally ordered I send back due to it being burnt black!! However, the staff did their best to overcome the fiasco and gave us free wine and beer.

The swimming pool to us was incredibly small for such a big hotel. On a hot summer day I would be grossly disappointed with this pool. Being on the executive floor level we were allowed into the lounge for a free breakfast, which we found to be excellent.

Overall, we still enjoyed our stay but because I love having a balcony I would probably not stay here again. If you are looking for a good quality hotel close to the CBD and with excellent river views then this hotel would suit. I have stayed in numerous hotels in Perth and to me the Crowne Plaza comes first and then the Sheraton.

• Jenelle7's Profile Photo

Great Location

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, and it has never dissapointed me.
    This 5 star hotel has 5 star facilities and 5 star service.
    I have stayed in a standard River View Room and on The Executive Floor and both have been excellent. The rooms are a decent size, as are the bathrooms, they are very clean and the beds a comfy. For the price, I would spend the extra $50 and stay in an Executive Room, as you get pastries and coffee and tea in the afternoon and drinks and canapes in the evening. You also get Continental Breakfast in the morning and the rooms are on the top 2 floors.
    I have eaten at Monterey's Brasserie and it was very good, though quite expensive.
    The pool is heated in Winter, so that you can swim all year round, and they also have a lobby lounge so that you can have a drink and a snack.

Unique Quality: There are great views of the Swan River from every room.

Directions: Parking off Hill Street

More about Sheraton Perth Hotel

Bad management spoils the Sheraton experience

by TripAdvisor Member Gary40

This hotel has been partly refurbished and could be good. Unfortunately it is plagued with staff problems, which in the end, can be laid at the door of management. Though an early check in was requested I was left languishing from 1 PM until 4.30 PM. During that time I was given no information about the situation. "The housekeping Department is not answering the phone they must be busy", I was told. Dinner was in the bistro was terrible. A waitress told me when I requested a Bombay Gin Martini that I would have to take whatever Gin they used. She said "you cannot pick your brand". I went to the bar and got my Bombay Martini. The waitress seemed put out by this and steered clear of my table from then on. The food was lamentable. Soggy cod type fish masquerading as Barramundi and under cooked fries which were chilled in the middle. I was expecting a call later in the evening. It did not arrive and I rang the expected caller. He told me the Hotel operator denied there was anybody of my name staying in the hotel. I was staying on the executive floor and the next morning found the door to the staurway leading to the lounge was locked. I rang Guest Services and was told in a derisory way to use the lift. It turned out the Guest Services employee did not know there was a staircase between the 8th floor and the lounge on the 7th floor. A business associate rang. "Do you have my fax", he said. Of course I had no fax. I rang the concierge. At first he denied having the fax. Later he said he was busy. Finally it was delivered. The hotel has a pool which is nowhere referred to in the hotel booklet in the room. An oversight? Probably more a deliberate move. After all it is a nuisance for guests to swim and leave towels around. This is the core of the problem the management of this hotel regard guests as annoying baggage that eats, drinks and sleeps. This attitude has permeated the hotel staff. Avoid the Sheraton Perth. There are many better hotels in the central city including some with 2 stars.

Couldn't Have Been Better!

by TripAdvisor Member FrequentTraveller747

I stayed in the Sheraton Perth for four nights recently and loved every minute of it. I had a corner room on the 18th floor with a wonderful view. The room was very tastefully decorated, the air conditioning excellent and the bathroom nicely refurbished. The room also was spotlessly clean. All staff interactions were also very positive - friendly and helpful. My only complaint was the slightly too hard bed, not quite up to Westin's 'heavenly bed' and perhaps the location - a little too far up St. George's terrace to make it an easy walk to the main shopping area (esp. in 37 degree heat). Still these are realy minor complaints.

Also should mention the parking is basically free and there is free Inernet access in the loby with four computers and a printer. I guess that's what you expect from a five star hotel, but normally I stay in four star hotels.

Also if you are going to stay there on the weekend I suggest you don't book ahead as I got a brilliant room rate just by turning up on Saturday afternoon - mind you the room rate did double on Monday and Tuesday nights!

Anyway altogether a very positive experience and I would definitely stay there again.

Disappointing..,

by TripAdvisor Member DML

Booked a double room through the hotel's website - about AUD$250 a night for the room only. At the time, not much else availability in Perth. Hotel's location is good, just by Riverside Dr with easy road access and to be fair our room had a nice view over the Swan River and towards the WACA. Parking is in a tatty multi-story next door to the hotel. Park on the top level (if you can find a free spot at all!) as its then stairs up to the hotel lobby. We were meant to be charged $21 a day for parking, but no staff on the gate most days so we only paid once. No discount for hotel guests. Room fairly standard but we found the whole hotel very impersonal and totally geared towards functions and conferences. Pool in particular is absolutely terrible. Tiny, about 6 loungers in total. Change facilities are no more than a tiny toilet closet. Didn't eat in the hotel at all - drove to better and cheaper options every day. Just not the right hotel for us and our needs I guess.

Nothing to write home about

by TripAdvisor Member walaha

Stayed two nights at the Sheraton for a company function, nothing really to complain about (except maybe that the food served during lunch was not that great to say the least), but also not much to rave about. Typical business hotel with a bit of a run-down bar. Rooms were ok although not too spacious but mine came with a nice view to the river.
Only problem was with the express check out, if I wouldnt have called them later, I would be still waiting for my final bill and charges.

Good view, but the service........

by TripAdvisor Member richo61

I stayed here for business for a few nights late last year.

Although the room was small and dated, the view to the river was terrific.

I'm not a very patient person, but I try. I queued for 20 mins to get into breakfast, not because there wasn’t any tables, but simply because you’re not supposed to seat yourself, you have to wait for staff to show you to one. So after witnessing this slow and painful process, I gave up as I could see another twenty minute wait before getting to the head of the line, so I just walked in and helped myself to a table and registered the bill on the way out.

The same thing at checkout. Not enough staff! A couple of guys were complaining to reception about lousy service the night before and wanted to see the manager. This left one person to settle about twenty customers.

A very frustrating morning that one.

I registered a complaint on their website, they responded with a promise to straighten things out. I don’t know if they’ve fixed their staffing issues, I haven’t stayed there since.

The bar had a piano player which made for a relaxing mood and the service there was pretty good. Across the road is an Irish Pub which has some really good entertainment.

The location is a little far from central shopping district, but very handy to the riverside and also when driving, easy to jump on the freeways.

The best in Perth CBD

by TripAdvisor Member Getzaround

Its been refurbished and it shows! The rooms are fresh and modern, the staff are everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. The buffet at Montereys Restaurant is a must for anyone staying at the hotel or not. Sure the heated swimming pool certainly needs some work but I am sure thats not too far away. The hotel is located in the heart of Perth with the river a 2 minute walk away. They have done a fantastic job bringing this hotel upto World class standards and they havent even finished yet. Put this one on your shortlist, its only going to get better!

Comments