3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Perth

appleseed81 checks out view over Perth from looappleseed81 checks out view over Perth from loo

The Cafe, Nice Outside Area For Winter SunThe Cafe, Nice Outside Area For Winter Sun

I Love Chalkboards!I Love Chalkboards!

Jumping appleseedd81,nezz & aussirose, PerthJumping appleseedd81,nezz & aussirose, Perth

Rottnest Itineray

by andycheong

Hi, any suggestion activities to do on Rottnest?

Is day trip recommended?

thanks

by vtveen

We made a day trip to Rottnest and rented a bike for exploring the island, which was a great experience. But there are also other tours offered as well: bus, 'train', kayak, guided walking and boat tours.

Take a look at my Fremantle page (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7c27b/1ca108/) for more info.

happy travels
Jaap

by aussirose

Hi Andy. You'll love Rotto! Lovely place :o) We usually buy an all day bus ticket and catch the bus around and get on and off at the bays that look nice. When do you plan to be here? Snorkling is fun :o) And if you have kids, there's a little fun park with trampolines. Lunch is nice at the restaurant on the water front. I've got a bit of a write up and pix on my Rottnest Island page if you want to have a look. Cheers, Ann :o)

by poepat

Hi, went to rotnest last April for a day trip. Was brilliant. Take the early morning ferry from Hillarys. You can either hire a bike from the centere as you leave the jetty (the islands only small, relatively flat and you can explore at your own leisure all the coves. If you do take a bike its the law that you must wear a crash hat supplied with the bike. Believe me it is enforced rigidly by the islands few police officers. If you go in April, you will be able to see the migrating humpback wkales from the top side of the island which s a fantastic experience. other options are thatyou can take a bus, just buy aticket from off the bus then you can travel around the island at an idle pace. You can get off whichever stops you want to, exploring the coves then wait for the next bus before continuing with the joutney.
The main bars and restaurants are close to the jetty. Dont forget the Quokas, on your journey around the islands. They are the cutest, largets and friendliest rats I've ever seen. They are really superb to see in their own environment.
On your return back to Hillarys, take a wine spritza at the BREAKWATER and chill
Happy Travelling
Pat n Poe

Travel Tips for Perth

Perth Weather - the reality!!

by astro_kerryn

DIARY OF A PERTH SUMMER (BY A POM)

August 31st: Just got transferred into our new home in Perth! This is a city that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! I watched the sunset from a deck chair on the veranda. beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it.

September 13th: Really heating up. Got to 35 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this.

September 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with tropical plants. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 30 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer that I expected.

October 15th: Fell asleep by the pool. Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th: I missed Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car for lunch, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the $3,000 leather upholstery. I told the kids that she ran away. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat ***. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. October 25th: The wind sucks. It feels like a giant bloody blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the blink and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needed to order parts.

October 30th: Been sleeping outside by the pool for 3 nights now. Bloody $450,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?

November 4th: It's 35 degrees. Finally got the ol' air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 25, but this
bloody humidity makes the house feel like it's about 30. Stupid repairman. I hate this stupid place.

November 8th: If another wise arse cracks, "Hot enough for you today?" I'm going to strangle him. Bloody heat. By the time I get to work the car's radiator was boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

November 9th: Tried to do stuff after work. Wore shorts,and sat on the black leather seats in the ol' car. I thought my arse was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and my arse. Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried arse, and
baked cat.

November 10th: The weather report might as well be a bloody recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do anything for 2 damn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn place? Water rationing will be next, so my $2,000 worth of palms just might dry up and blow into the bloody pool. Even the palms can't live in this heat.

November 14th: Welcome to HELL!!! Temperature 38 today. Now
the air-conditioner's gone in my car. The repairman came to fix it and said, "Hot enough for you today?" My wife had to spend the $2,500 house payment to bail my arse out of jail for assaulting the repairman. Bloody Perth. What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here?

December 1st: WHAT?? This is the first day of Summer?? You are f*cking kidding me!!

You absolutely must visit...

by Thoonen

You absolutely must visit Kings Park: a very big park of 7 square in the middle of Perth. Beautiful trees, the Swan River, Aboriginal-shop, etc. etc. The very nice, warm and cute beaches near Perth. Of course the weather too: warm, sunny, not really sweaty and little brease.

Go to freemantle, just a few...

by LadyTravel

Go to freemantle, just a few miles from Perth and see the old buildings,realax in one of the restaurents, buy in the market or one of the many small craft boutiques.. Stroll around the small streets..

Photo:- Newport hotel with detail of the top of it

Perth Tip

by pollon

I know everyone will think I'm crazy but one fond memory is a little duck trying to follow me towards the town centre!!

I had met it having a look at the Swan River.

So I couldn't avoid saying hallo to it before leaving Perth and the friendly duck was always there...

Aussies are very friendly....

by dotwg1

Aussies are very friendly. Common greetings will be 'Hi! How are you today?', 'Good Day!' etc. 'Ta!' is short for 'Thanks' or 'Bye'. They'll say 'See ya!' even if they've met you for the first time or even never gonna see you again! Always give a smile and greet anyone, you'll definitely be greeted the same. Don't be too protective. Be open. Enjoy yourself here.

Comments