PO Box 121, Arorangi, Rarotonga, Cook Islands

Family Travel Diving and Snorkeling Arts and Culture
See Amenities

Beachfront villa

by written on April 1, 2012

We were upgraded from a garden villa to a beachfront villa at no cost and it was fantastic. The rooms are huge and very high standard of cleanliness. There is a veranda overlooking the beach and what a stunning view. This place was amazing. We went snorkeling directly in front of the villa. I would definitely recommend a beachfront villa if you're traveling with a group.

Unique Quality: Great views, great room, friendly staff.

Very Stunning in Rarotonga

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2012

stayed in this hotel and we enjoyed every moments of it,very well maintained and cleanliness very approachable and fantastic staff specially in Bar and Serving staffs,they make us feel as we are
among family type atmosphere.
The beaches are kept clean but only downside was walking into sea for a swim had to walk accross
reefs .
The cleaners who had to do clean rooms were very friendly and easy going. we feel this so to put up
our views of such.

Unique Quality: We were upgraded to seaside view rooms was the best as in evening you can view the SUNSET
very stunning, while having a sip with friends in balcony
Pools was beside the restaurant okay,but should have some privacy from staffs

Our suggestion to management have some sleeping HAMMOCK as well will boost place skyhigh
Breakfast menu needs to change and different variety every second day

Edgewater was awesome!!

by written on August 22, 2010

I loved it at the Edgewater. It was just so carefree.

The staff were lovely, and helpful. They shared their knowledge and were always very approachable.

They provide activities which taught me some great tips, and inspired me to play the ukalele, take up weaving and get some Raro music to attempt the Hula (haha).

They have transport available, and a bus that picks you up for a small charge.

Its got an avis transport hire for bikes and cars.

I couldnt believe that the movies in the room were also good easy watching ones for a change.

I loved Rarotonga and the whole package of the country was just beautiful!! Recommended for sure!!!

Its close to great restuarants, track walks, stores and other little beach spots.
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

Unique Quality: Relaxing

Whales

Happy hour cocktails

Activities provided

Great value resort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 16, 2003

I stayed at the Edgewater Resort in October and found that the staff were very friendly and the hotel itself had a great atmosphere. My room overlooked the beach and it was really nice. It was cleaned every day and we were very happy with the standard of accommodation we had.
The beach was beautiful and floating around in the lagoon on a sunny day was pure heaven.
We ate a few times at the hotel restaurant which offered a good menu and was not too expensive. We went to the Tuesday Island Night which was really great. The dancing and drumming is absolutely unbelievable...a real highlight of our stay.
Rarotonga is an absolutely fantastic place to have a holiday. The people are lovely...and their culture is very interesting. There is lots to do on the island, the beaches are awesome and their are plenty of restuarants and cafes around the island, so you are never just stuck at one place.
I would definately recommend going their and the Edgewater resort is a nice place to stay.

Unique Quality: The pool overlooks the beach and lagoon which is great.
There is a nice lagoon side bar area and the sunsets are fantastic.
Highly recommend the Island Night at the hotel.

Directions: On a beach, but only 5 minutes drive from the airport and Avarua township

by written on November 26, 2003

We had a lovely stay at the Edgewater Resort. The staff were extremely friendly, always smiling and helpful.

Our housemaid, Ngere, was particularly good,and always left our room immaculately clean.

Food was good,and very well priced. The Island Night dance shows, on aTuesday and a Saturday are a must see. We went on a Tuesday night, but also watched a little of the Saturday night from outside. The food included all local dishes, and the dancing was something we have never seen. The girls in their grass skirts,and the boys were so energetic. Add the Cook Island drums, and it is a spectacular evening.

We look forward to returning next year.

Unique Quality: The beach is beautiful with excellent snorkelling right off the resort in the clear calm lagoon.

Pool is situated right on the beach, which gave us no reason to ever leave this area !!

The sunsets were absolutely magnificent and were certainly one of the highlights of our stay.

130guy's Profile Photo

Update Needed

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2003

Rarotonga is gorgeous unspoilt beauty, so don't let my report on one bad resort spoil your plans. The island itself is well worth a trip!!

The Edgewater Resort: I only spent 1 night at the Edgewater but it was enough. It was too bad, as the Cook Islands seem like the ideal locale to truly escape. I was on business so can't speak to much other than the hotel but the little I saw between airport and hotel looked peaceful and unspoiled.

The tone of the hotel experience was set when the front desk had no record of our booking in spite of faxed confirmation and we were left to stand for close to an hour while rooms were hunted down. Once I got a room I walked past heaps of garbage, up metal fire-escape type stairs to my room. Enroute I passed what looked like blood spots on the floor.

Inside the room I was greeted by basic furnishings, but less than clean surroundings. It appeared that the source of the blood had been in my room, with marks on the fridge and shower door. This just after the room had been cleaned. The bed sagged and blankets were thin (not a problem due to the heat mind you) with one of those great crinkly 1 inch thick pillows. The cups in the room followed a similar trend of un-cleanliness, and I touched as little as I could (I travel for a living, and can handle a fair bit of creepy crawlers, and the like).

Once out of the room and poolside things improved, with a lovely view of the ocean and a tidy pool area with mini-cabana's to escape a quick evening rain shower. The food in the hotel buffet was good and a variety of local cuisine was presented.

As always, I may have been an exception but the massive oversights in terms of grounds-keeping, cleanliness, bookings, and overall presentation leave me with a very poor impression of the Edgewater.

Unique Quality: Pool area overlook the vast ocean!

tumeke-kazza Mar 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I loved staying at Edgewater Resort. We had a fab time and the Edgewater has it all. Everything is in the same place and the sea is right there. The staff are all friendly and if you need transport it is right there. Transport to and from your day excursions as well. I recommend the restaurant and the bar especially cocktail happy hour-primo. All fun is what we had and we will definitely will be going back. Shopping was the great.

mandman86 Jan 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Hi there, can anyone please tell me if they have stayed in one of the garden villa's? The 3 bedroom ones, after reading a few comments, am a little concerned that they might be budget! Any voices would be greatly appreciated =D

Nearby Edgewater Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Rarotonga Travel Forum

Need advice about Rarotonga, Cook Islands? Visit the Travel Forum for Rarotonga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rarotonga hotel reviews

Raina Beach
Vaka Village
Cook Island Library and Museum
Things to Do
Local institution with great view
Avarua market
Avarua
Muri lagoon
Things to Do
a new cool restaurant in rarotonga
Restaurants
Great location, great staff!
Venture out at Night!
Great Seafood
Muri Cafe
Best Pasta Ever!
Restaurants
Sensational food, views and service
Best Cafe in Muri!!
Restaurants
Half finished for 15 years...
Cook Islands National Museum and Library