99 Queens Road, PO Box 3171, Royal Davui Island, Fiji

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Royal Davui Island Resort A S

Royal Davui - A Slice of Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member jmbenn17

All my research could not prepare us for the breathtaking beauty of Royal Davui Island Resort. We landed by helicopter on the lawn and were immediately escorted to the Banyon Tree Bar/Lounge/Restaurant area where the GM Tony and his wife, Sue, and the friendly Fijian staff greeted us with a welcome song, a fruit juice, and a cool minted towel. We relaxed there for a few minutes while we all introduced ourselves and were assigned someone to escort us to our Vale.

We were advised by a few people on these forums to request Vale #5, and it was the best advice. (It’s even the owners personal favorite) All the Vales are beautiful, but this one allows more privacy with spectacular views. It is situated on the edge of a cliff that allows you to see the sun rise and sun set. It is a bi level Vale with a sitting room, a wet bar with the fridge stocked with soft drinks, mixers, and a cookie jar with homemade cookies, and a desk with a cd player. From the deck off the sitting room was the most spectacular view of the most beautiful blue water. We could sit and just stare at it for ever! Our favorite times were sitting in the infinity plunge pool, with a cocktail, totally relaxed, staring out over the water or up at the stars at night. The upper level of the Vale was the bedroom, the bathroom and another deck with a view slightly obstructed by lush green vegetation, colorful flowers, and a single tree right off our bedroom deck. We called it our Garden of Eden. The bedroom had air conditioning, a king size bed, very comfortable, with a thick down comforter and the nicest linens, and lots of pillows. The netting that draped from the ceiling was made of a beautiful material. Behind the bedroom, was the bathroom with a king size jacuzzi tub that overlooked the bedroom and the view outside. The ceiling over the tub opened and at night you could star gaze while having a tubby.

We spent our days exploring the island, lazing by our pool, snorkeling, kayaking, dining on the most delicious meals, (The only part my husband had a hard time with. It was 5 star dining and he is a 1 star eater). They did everything to accommodate him, but he is so fussy. He moaned over his first cheeseburger back in the states if that tells you anything. The must do’s are the sand spit, a 20 min boat ride from the island. It is a white sand beach that appears only in low tide. They drop you off with an umbrella, 2 beach chairs and a picnic lunch loaded with things you choose. The snorkeling is incredible. We found Nemo! The village visit is a must. You will fall in love with the residents, especially the kids, who we visited in their new schoolhouse. They sang and danced for us and were so sweet they just captured our hearts. Oh, and when you see fish feeding on the daily activities, don’t pass it up because you think feeding fish is a lame activity like we did. You get in the water with your snorkel gear on and when they feed the fish you get an awesome sight of hundreds of fish swimming all around you. Don’t miss it! There isn’t much of a beach around the resort, but we didn’t even miss it. We live near the coast at home and we see plenty of beach.

I have saved commenting on the people for last. I will remember them most of all. The GM Tony and his wife, Sue, were visible, accessible, friendly, accommodating, and fun to have happy hour with! Tony closed the bar with us a few nights which didn’t close until the guests were done. Sorry guys for the late nights if your reading this. The other guests were mostly Aussie, with an English couple thrown in. We all mingled mainly at night, but we really enjoyed all of them. It was fun sharing our day, and our cultures, and Kava with each other. And then there were the lovely Fijian staff who took care of us throughout our stay. They truly are the friendliest people on earth. Every request was fulfilled, quickly, efficiently, and always with a smile. Our vale was immaculate, serviced twice a day, table service was flawless, and learning about there traditions, and families were an added bonus. We became so attached to everyone, I cried when we finally said farewell to everyone.

What a wonderful way to celebrate our 25th Anniversary, Our pictures don’t do this resort justice, and it’s hard to find words to describe how beautiful everything is. I just can’t imagine anyone not having an absolute wonderful vacation here. We have no complaints, and neither did any of the other guests we met. We are already counting the days until we can plan our next trip to this slice of paradise. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or would like me to email you pictures.

Definite WOW factor! Exceeded my expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member LavonneSydney

My partner and I visited Royal Davui in March’ 07 for a short romantic getaway. We hired a rental car and drove from Nadi to Pacific Harbour where we boarded the Aristocat for the short journey to the island. We were extremely excited to be there as this was going to be a perfect compliment to our many Fijian experiences. We have stayed at many resorts of this calibre (in Fiji) and therefore were keen to sample what Royal Davui had to offer. From the start of our stay to the unfortunate end we were totally blown away. The villa was magnificent, very spacious, modern with splendid views and not forgetting the refreshing plunge pool. The service was exceptional with amazing attention to detail. The whole dining experience was quite magical, with the high decks around the huge banyan tree, the beach just below, ocean views and a sea breeze surrounding you whilst you indulged in the oh so exciting flavours of Fiji and the world. Compliments to the management, Tony and Sue, for their hard work. We have already started to recommend Royal Davui to friends and colleagues. All in all we had a wonderful few days and are definitely planning the next trip.

Luxurious Paradise Island

by TripAdvisor Member as_1978

We went to Royal Davui for 2 days whilst on business in Fiji and we loved it so much that when our meetings were over we went back! The villas are perched on cliffs arround the island and are so luxurious! They have seperate bedroom, living areas, 2 large balconies, the most breathtaking views and best of all their own private plunge pools/jacuzzis! The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is fantastic! I recommend this beautiful piece of paradise to anyone! We will definitely be back!

The Best Holiday Ever!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ca070

For any of you contemplating going to Fiji, you must visit Royal Davui. It has been the best experience we have had so far for a relaxation island destination.... We were there from the end of Dec 06 - Early Jan 07 and stayed 10 nights. Not once were we bored or had nothing to do.. The resort is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are sensational (we had a premium villa which was even better). The food is 5-star fine dining by amazing fijian chefs who make you think you are at Wildfire in Sydney with the infused flavours, and the best part is you dont have to thin about what to eat every day as you get a set menu with 3-4 options for entree, main & desert! The staff are just wonderful, so friendly, helpful, at your service as soon as you ask. The massages are great - Pure Fiji is a great choice of products to use.. The pool, beach and water is so blue you cant stop starring at it every day... The fish you see and the coral whilst snorkelling is out of this world....
I could go on and on about Royal Davui, but enough said, it is a great holiday place for those who want privacy, class and pure relaxation.

The most incredible place I've ever been.

by TripAdvisor Member PF-Tina

Royal Davui, The most incredible place I have ever set my eyes upon. I experienced 1 day in absolute paradise February 10, 2007. One day in paradise that felt like an eternity. The staff was impecable. Absolutly anything we needed was meet to our desire with 5 star hospitality and guest services. The villas are like a fantasy land of pure beauty and elegance. From our personal plunge pool adorned with in room champaign & lunch by the side to the tub and shower with the celing opening up to the heavens it just doesn't get better that that. My in room massage was fantastic over looking the ocean whlie it rain down from above. Thanks Tony for showing us such an incredible time and taking care of our every need. I just can't say enough about what an incredible place Royal Davui is. You just have to go there for yourself and truly experience paradise.

Tina Laramie
Visitor for Life!

Pure Bliss

by TripAdvisor Member Pure_Fiji_Boy

Royal Davui is without a doubt the most relaxing beautiful place I have ever stayed in my entire life. The Island is beautiful; the gorgeous villas are immaculate, impeccably designed and maintained; the staff provide a level of customer service I had only dreamed possible; and the owners have created an experience worth it's weight in gold. Whether it's the fact that each and every one of the villas on the island has the most incredible ocean view or the fact that the rooms themselves are just incredible.

I had the most incredible experience lounging in the indoor hot tub under the open shutters in the cieling allowing you to look right up into the stars. Definitely one of the most romantic and relaxing getaways anyone could ever hope for.

Outstanding in every respect

by TripAdvisor Member MontyBrisbane

My wife and I recently had the good fortune to stay at The Royal Davui Resort for 6 nights - our only regret was that it could not be for longer. I arrived at the end of a 3-week round-the-world business trip and the resort was a perfect wind-down.

One of the staff asked us if the resort lived up to our expectations from the online brochures, and our honest response was that it not only lived up to expectations - it far surpassed them. And yes, the water is as blue as it looks in the brochures.

Much has been said elsewhere in this forum about the details of the resort, and I can assure you that the positive reviews are, indeed, correct. Some of the negative reviewers must have been staying somewhere else! The arrival welcome, the accommodation, the staff and the food were all excellent; absolutely no complaints from us.

A lot of other reviewers recommend the vales on the western side, and while they may be larger, we were more than happy with #15, which is on the eastern side of the resort. Our views were gorgeous, with the neighbouring Beqa Island displaying so many different moods during our stay that we were enchanted by this alone. As for sunsets - we were mostly in the bar or at dinner anyway, so would have missed this from our room.

We were busy as often as we wanted to be, but were still totally relaxed.

Some of our list of "must do's":
- Do the sandspit if you can - it is wonderfully romantic.
- Have a private dinner in the "beach hut" - again on the romance.
- Visit the village (Naveca) - you will fall in love with the people, who are so open and friendly.
- Snorkel like it's going out of fashion; we were first-timers and the coral and fish were wonderful.
- Kayak around the island (only takes about 20-30 minutes).

But our biggest must do is to talk to the staff - they are wonderfully friendly, and only too happy to share with you.

Thanks to everyone at The Royal Davui for making our stay so enjoyable and memorable.

Absolute Perfection!

by TripAdvisor Member shannonpf

If you are looking for peace, quiet, tranquility, beautiful surroundings, impeccable service, fabulous food and an truly superior accommodations... look no further!

Our stay began with the staff singing a traditional Fijian welcome song upon our arrival after which we were greeted with cool towels and fresh juice to refresh us after our journey.

We were then escorted to a deluxe villa with gorgeous views. The villas are very private with beautiful with very nice furnishings and extremely comfortable beds. The villas are stocked with drinks and snacks as well. The plunge pool was a great place just to relax and unwind after snorkeling and playing on the beach.

The food was wonderful! We chose to eat in our villa and everything was delivered quickly and freshly prepared. (Wonderful tuna!)

The diving was great as well. I had a very knowledgeable divemaster and captain who took me to wonderful dive sites and took great care of me as well.

The staff at Royal Davui went above and beyond expectations! They were always very gracious and accommodating to our requests.

This is an absolute must stay again resort! Enjoy!

Honeymoon Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member wigglesSydney

This place is amazing! If u are a couple looking for a romantic get away, then this is the place for you.

We spent 8 days of our honeymoon at Royal Davui... we got to the island by a short boat ride (half hour) from Pacific harbor and received a royal welcoming by the staff (lots of singing), it brought tears to my eyes.

Our bungalow was a mini house! Built to utilize the views - we could view the water views from every aspect of the room - even from the spa bath! The bed room and bathroom area are airconditioned which was magic to escape the heat. We had balconys from our bed room and another from our lounge area, which was fitted with table and chairs - we ordered room service and ate here a few times overlooking the sunset.

The plunge pool is so dinky! we spent many an afternoon watching the sun set in here with a couple beers in our hand. I did read some review of a lady complaining they weren't heated - well they don't need to be! I did stay at another resort that had a heated pool that resembled swimming in warm soup, no thanks.

Staff here are fantastic - most come from the near by villages of Beqa. They are so happy, friendly and helpful at all times.

Everytime we would come down to eat (the chef here works magic by the way) the staff would duck behind the bar and radio the cleaners so when we got back to our room it was all tidy.

Water sports are great (won't go into it as other reviews cover this well), however i will mention that the marine staff organised for my mad keen surfer of a husband to be taken our to surf Friggate's reef (one of the best left handers in Fiji) - this is only a half hour boat trip away (although we had to by-pass the nearest surf island to borrow a board).

At night you can even request to eat by torch and candle light on the beach - they will set up the table and chairs down there for you.

You must also do the village tour - it is 10 minutes to the next island by boat and you get to visit the local school (who did the cutest sing song show for us) - the whole experience is priceless but cost us $5 fijian! And it is a donation to the village.

Oh - and lastly, the price here includes nearly everything (except scuba dives etc). And compared to what we paid at other resorts charging the same (don't think i should mention names), this wins hands down. Worth every cent.

Have a great holiday!

Lisa & Sam

Perfect 10 year anniversary destination

by TripAdvisor Member FrequentFlyerAU

Resort was perfect in almost every way:
1) Accommodation - Bure was fantastic. Great decor, amazing views, the plunge pool was wonderful, the Jacuzzi was great - perfect atmosphere
2) Food - Food was gourmet, great variety and lots of fresh fruit
3) Service - The resort is designed so that you can do what ever you want when ever you want. Tour and activity times revolve around you and what time suits you. If you want a romantic dinner by the beach, just ask. Anything you want, you only need to ask.
4) Guests - All the guests were friendly and interesting. Each night you would sit around the bar and chat about the day and socialise. While there is plenty of private time, there also is a chance to be social

Only areas for improvement:
1) Beach - Not a lot of open sandy beach to sit in or swim in. Unfortunately the tide is quite high and there are rocks and seaweed near the shore
2) Diving/Snorkelling - To a well travelled diver/snorkeller it is ok, but not an amazing destination for these water sports. Apparently the shark dive is AMAZING though.
3) Walking/jogging - The Island is small and there are not really any walks on the island. You can however go on hikes on neighbouring islands which are close by and easy to get to - just ask and they will take you at anytime you want.

All in all it is a fantastic destination and I would highly recommend it to al my friends. I hope to go back for my 15 year anniversary.

Comments