South Seas Private Hotel

South Seas Private Hotel
Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Suva

The council of chiefsThe council of chiefs

Suva at noonSuva at noon

Travel Tips for Suva

Sort of Sad Suva

by Maryimelda

"Definitely lacks the WOW factor."

It was a beautiful sunny day when we visited Suva, so I guess I can't blame the weather for my slight disappointment at what we found (or didn't find) there.

Our first sight of the city as the coach drove in was of a graffitti plastered filthy looking jail. This was something out of the dark ages, I'm sure and I could only be eternally grateful that I was not incarcerated there. I don't think it would be too congenial at all. Still how criminals are treated in Fiji is entirely up to the Fijian government and none of my business. It's just such a pity that this eyesore of a building doubles as a "welcome mat" for the country's capital city.

Things did improve a little as we moved along further and we did have quite an enjoyable few hours there. I particularly enjoyed the hamburger I had for lunch, though it would have been better had the mustard not run down the front of my shirt!!!

sUVA, fIJI

by ATAMANI

"Suva"

Just to be on a safer zone, pleassse be careful when ur coming to Suva, Fiji. It can be an exciting place for shoppers at low prices but it can be dangerous as well. I know of types of people who tend to rob but if ur @ the right place @ the right time, then all will be well. There's a lot of street kids that u'd notice if u were in Suva! Keep away from them!

Comments