Tomberua Islet Hotels

Our Members Say

• cmccmc profile photo cmccmc
  • Reviews: 19

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Toberua Island Resort: Your own private island

If you only read part of this tip - read this: STAY HERE!
Toberua Island is a small island, varying in size from 4 to 20 acres depending on the tide. There are only 15 huts, called bures, on the island, which ensures your privacy. The bure has a stocked fridge, ceiling fans, and a private bathroom with half-outside shower. This resort was our the best travel experience ever. The staff made you feel like a king. When dinner was to be served, we were serenaded from our bure and led to the restaurant. The food was excellent! Fresh fish and fruit were the main staples. The cozy bar was fantastic with Zack manning the all-included drinks. This was a unique experience and I would recommend Tomberua to everyone.

Warning: Before going on any excursion off the island make sure you know what you will be doing! For example - right after we got there, we went on a snorkel trip. I expected to be snorkeling near land. Well... we were brought to what felt like the middle of the Pacific in a boat that could not have been bigger than 15 feet long. It was very rough out there, with clouds and heavy rain. Most people chose to stay in the boat, as did I. A couple of people went snorkeling. At one point, another white-knuckled guest asked the guy driving the boat: "Is it safe out here?" He said "Oh no." I was very close to pushing him overboard and commandeering the boat back to the island. Other than that experience, everything was great.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive