Fiji Hotels

Our Members Say

• jorgejuansanchez profile photo jorgejuansanchez
  • Reviews: 3334

Nadi Downtown Hotel: Nice and helpful staff

It was cheap, breakfast included, and clean. But the best were the people working there. I had a problem and they helped me. They could have said no, but they offered me more than expected.

Internet 24 hours. They also organize tours.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Backpacking, Adventure Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 2, 2015
Tip Photo

• dgines profile photo dgines
  • Reviews: 251

Beqa Lagoon Resort: Decent stay, but not a 5-star resort

We had a great time diving. The location is the best part of the resort as it is right on Beqa Lagoon! The rooms were dated with older furniture and make sure you keep a look out for ants. Keep your luggage off the floor or ants will find your clothes and they do bite on the island.

The food is excellent at the resort. Just make sure to let them know of any food allergies on day 1.

There is no dock so you will have to walk in and out of the water to get to the resort.

Don't let the stop over point on the main island scare you. It's run down and the toilets very dirty.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written March 14, 2014

• iandsmith profile photo iandsmith
  • Reviews: 5866

Raffles Gateway Hotel: Entry point

I had two nights to start and one at the end of my holiday. This is a good place if you need accommodation close to the airport as there isn't a lot of flight movement so it's relatively quiet.
Meals were okay, service was below average but, that's Fiji full stop.
There's a pool table, bar, swimming pool and two smaller ones for the kids. Transportation to anywhere is easily arranged and you can get shuttles to and from the airport and to and from Denarau. Having said that, the airport is about 300 metres away so you can easily walk it.

The gardens here are lovely and the restaurant is situated so it doesn't get the afternoon sun, they were two things I liked.

• Related to: Water Sports, Food and Dining, Family Travel
  • Written October 2, 2012

Pool beside the restaurant

• michael-john profile photo michael-john

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Sheraton Resort, Fiji: Poor conflict resolution skills

I am a band manager the took a band to play at the 2012 International Jazz & Blues Festival in Fiji.
After booking in to The Sheraton with the band members the last thing that I asked was what was the deal with meals. At first the receptionist told us no meals, just accommodation, then she said sorry - breakfast is included, great I said and started to walk away -then she called me back, apologized and told me that all meals were provided, breakfast, lunch and dinner - however we had to pay for alcoholic drinks. I asked are you sure and she repeated the same information. Two other band members heard this conversation.
So the band dinned at The Sheraton for 5 days, however when we booked out we were told sorry you have to pay for all meals.
We argued for three hours, with three different managers, all three whose tactics where to disappear and do nothing- we actually had to demand to see them. The Sheraton threatened to call the police, we offed a compromise - to pay what we would have paid if we had of eaten elsewhere, but to no avail.
We paid under duress as we had to get to another show in Fiji.
Even after corresponding to and fro with the management of The Sheraton, we were not believed, we were beleived to be liars, and no compromise was offered.
The Sheraton takes no responsibility for mistakes that there staff make, they are a sick corporation that worships the dollar rather than provide effective resolutions to conflicts.
I found out the the Accom was booked with breakfast only - however my argument was that we were advised by one of the Sheraton's staff that all meals were complimentary, in good faith we believed her - and in doing so paid much more money than what we would have done if we had of been given the correct information. It turns out that she made a mistake, she did not tell the truth when she was questioned by management - therefor the three people that heard what she said are all fraudsters and lairs.
Point of all this - get everything in writing From The Sheraton, don't believe what the staff tell you - better still - DONT STAY THERE

Rooms were comfortable, water stained and a bit musty

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Work Abroad, Music, Business Travel
  • Written June 11, 2012

• maria68 profile photo maria68

Shangri La: medical emergency response

I must say I was quite surprised with some of the negative views, particularly in reference to Fijian time. I found the services provided no more of a wait than I would experience in any Australian hotel or restaurant, in fact often quicker!! Our rooms were quite modern-some people must have extremely high expectations!

What REALLY impressed us was the treatment we received when things suddenly went wrong for us. My husband went into a compromising cardiac arrhythmia. (SVT-sino ventricular tachicardia) I didn't even know they had a medical centre, but fortunately they did and they swiftly organised a van trip to the local hospital at Sagatoka. Helping hands were many, including the presence of the resort manager to oversea matters. Fortunately, his arrhythmia reverted at the hospital and medication commenced. Meanwhile, the resort management staff provided us with bottled water, and returned at lunch time unexpectedly with lunch and more water. They left us with a mobile phone to contact them when the hospital said we could go. Meanwhile, relatives at the resort were kept informed of
what was happening as they cared for our three children. On the way home they stopped at the pharmacy so that my husband could purchase the prescribed medication. All of this at no cost! The following days had many of the workers involved making personal or phone enquiries as to my husbands well-being, and they provided us with a late checkout the day we left, to fill the gap between checkout and the airflight.

Back to the Shangrila though - I would have loved it regardless. Being able to snorkel off the beach and experience the beautiful colors of the fish was wonderful. The weather wasn't great-obviously not there fault, but we could still see the fish despite the murky sand from all the rain. (The first couple of days the water was clear when the weather was good) The coral not as good as the Great Barrier reef, but the fish were fantastic.

Great to organise the food inclusive package. You can vary where you eat, and get to spend up to 80 Fijian per person for tea/dinner. That can include beverages, and what one person doesn't spend can be utilised by another in the same bill. Easily gets you two courses and a drink, if not more.

Remembering that it is really a third world country in local living conditions, I feel guilt at being considered so well off - but the locals never made you feel that way. Always a smile, "Bula", and offers of assistance, that you didn't feel were fake and about to disappear as you turn your back. If you fill in a special mention card for one of the staff who excelled in their job, it contributes towards a reward scheme for them - well worth the effort.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Fishing, Water Sports
  • Written November 1, 2011

• Jim_Eliason profile photo Jim_Eliason
  • Reviews: 4939

Tambua Sands: Beachside bungalows

Great beach side bungalows doen up in traditional Fale style. This is a great resort for a quiet time on the beach and off the beaten path. Only complaint is the resort services are limited and nothing is really within walking distance.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written June 12, 2011

Tambua Sands

• ChristinaHegele profile photo ChristinaHegele
  • Reviews: 10

Stoney Creek Resort: Great budget accommodation in Nadi

I had a great time at Stoney Creek Resort in Fiji, and if I had to stay in Nadi again for a night, I’d certainly choose this isolated little place again.

Stoney Creek Resort is not the picture postcard setting that many would imagine thinking of Fiji – it’s not in a secluded bay, it’s not even by the beach, and it’s doesn’t provide Fijian dancing or other ceremonies that are omnipresent in many a resort on the outlying islands.

It is, instead, a unique place in the mountains, but only a short (albeit sometimes adventurous) taxi ride out of Nadi, that allows you to avoid many an overpriced sub-standard hotel near the airport.

The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed, there’s a big pool, it’s set up nicely and oddly has a wild west theme going on here and there. It’s not overdone to the point where you’d wish you were in Mexico though, but this oddity makes it all the more charming.

That is also the word for the owner Michelle. We were the only guests during the first night of our stay, and were welcomed at the gate, where she berated the taxi driver for wanting to charge us more than the normal fare. She was extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful and made us custom dinners the same night. There was no menu, she just asked what we liked and she and her staff would make it for us.

The service was wonderful throughout the three days we stayed. Even before we arrived she replied quickly to our emails, and during our stay she took calls from our relatives and took messages, and she also sat down with us for a meal, a drink or just a chat. It is certainly one of the most personal, professional and pleasant customer service I have experienced.

Our bure was small but very nicely decorated. Remember that this is not a 4 or 5 star resort on a secluded island, and it doesn’t pretend to be. Everything’s pretty new, nicely done but not flashy or luxurious, rather down-to-earth. It’s a gem just a bit outside of Nadi (which is not so nice), and we were surprised the hotel/resort did not have more customers at that time. It’s really inexpensive, very good value for money.

All in all, very clean, very pleasant, great service and very likable staff that really make an effort to host you, not to just provide you with a room and a meal and a quick bula before you head off to the Yasawa Flyer. Highly recommended.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Jungle and Rain Forest, Backpacking
  • Written February 7, 2011

• Kiah10 profile photo Kiah10

Plantation Island: Plantation Island

Great place. Bad reviews nearly put us off. Glad we listened to the good reviews. Get with Fiji time and you are fine. Great to snorkel and dive. Lovely evenings - some nice smart touches by the hotel staff.

Lovely place, white sand. Had a lovely time getting away from cold NZ.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Water Sports
  • Written October 21, 2010

• robwebb34 profile photo robwebb34

Navini Island: Fantastic place to stay in Fiji

Paradise with excellent food - very tranquil and friendly

Had a fantastic time on Navini - one week was great. The people on Navini are very welcoming and friendly - a real family atmosphere. excellent food. Teenagers loved playing volleyball with the staff every day and playing the game Vindi Vindi every night.

Very romantic for their parents too - we had a candlelit meal on the beach!!! Would love to go back but its not cheap - but worth it. Max of 25 guests - great snorkelling and daily trips out to other reefs, local villages etc.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written July 28, 2010
Tip Photo

• monicawight profile photo monicawight

Namale Resort and Spa: Honeymoon in Paradise

My husband and I stayed at Namale for our honeymoon and it was truly the best trip we have ever had. My husband works a very stressful job (many couples can probably relate?), and he really deserved a break from his work, and we both needed a relaxing vacation after the craziness of the wedding weekend. Our stay at Namale was THE highlight of our trip to fiji and exceeded our expectations. In one sentence, it was the heartwarming hospitality of all the resort staff that made our stay truly exceptional. Nothing was too difficult. Everything was done to satisfy and relax our body and spirits. Everyday they arranged our meals and activities to what we wanted to do; a private lunch at a waterfall drinking champagne and swimming in a rockpool (we had a walkie talkie to call them when we were done!), a fun dinner at their 'Kava Bowl' a room with ten pin bowling, golf simulator & 400 movies on a projector screen, to diving daily with our own diving instructor, horse riding in the lush mountains at our leisure and enjoying their award winning spa while sipping cocktails. Our travel was arranged by Qantas Vacations and it is thanks to them for recommending Namale Resort in the first place! They truly knew what they were doing and had first hand experience on the best resorts in Fiji, they helped us plan our trip from beginning to end. We can hands down recommend this place to any couple wanting to rekindle their love (if you can't love each other here I don't know where?), and rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit. We will definitely be back to Namale for an anniversary, hopefully soon!

Every meal we enjoyed at a different location at the resort, and every meal was delicious! The menu changed daily and was so mouthwateringly yummy. Being an all inclusive resort it was nice to not worry about always signing for bills. And lastly our bure was truly heavenly. It was set up like a little tree house on this big rock with a suspension bridge to our own private deck and plunge pool overlooking the ocean.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written April 29, 2010

Lunch Ocean Front

• FlowerGranny profile photo FlowerGranny
  • Reviews: 2

Dunrovin Guesthouse: Best litte guesthouse

This little place is run by the lovely Angeline,outside of Sigatoka on the road to Suva. She has a bewildering variety of combinations of accommodation - basically because she does her best to suit all visitors. You can have 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms plus lounge and kitchen. You can have the whole lot, you can have the neat rear dorm - which actually can squeeze in six fugal backpackers - or one of me who likes my quiet and privacy. I had my own rear entrance for my car, a nice little back balcony, tiny kitchen, very comfy bed and private shower and toilet. Angeline and Bill have converted the rear of their house - so they live on site and take no nonsense. She has thought of everything and the place is clean as a whistle.

Only a few minutes walk to Sunset Strip at Korotogo - with its variety of restaurants and cafes. Great snorkelling and swimming in the lagoon - plus one of the nicest stretches of the Coral Coast.

This lady washes all the windows of her house every week. She keeps gardens raked and manicured daily, she was embarassed that I wouldn't let her change my sheets daily - I was only there for 3 days. She was unobtrusive but helpful. Unusual for Fiji, the kitchens were well equipped and there was nothing necessary to buy for just a few days. It is in a local neighbourhood, but very quiet neighbours and no barking dogs. She takes great pride in her premises and her neighbours are 'well informed'.

• Related to: Backpacking, Study Abroad, Singles
  • Written February 2, 2010

Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, Lautoka: On the waterfront Lautoka

The Tanoa Waterfront Hotel is located directly across from Lautoka's waterfront walkway - a pleasant area for a stroll.

Staff at the hotel were fairly friendly, though it did take me 2 phonecalls and an irate trip to the front desk to get my in room safe fixed.

The hotel room was basic but comfortable enough. It had a TV and tea/coffee making facilities. There was a large balcony overlooking the pool.

The best bit about the Tanoa Waterfront was its pools. It had a small rectangular pool and a large resort style pool. The large pool was excellent though a bit lacking in shade.

THe hotel had a pleasant restaurant called Fins with friendly staff. It served a variety of Fijian, Western, Indian and Chinese food. The hotel also had a bar called Sunset Bar. This was a bit disappointing as it advertised Happy Hour with a special price on its draught Fiji bitter and free savoury snacks. The bar did not have draught beer - it had a tap but no keg! The advertised price turned out to be for bottled beer. No savoury snacks were visible or offered.

I don't understand why places make special offers they don't keep. Either you don't know about the offer so it did not influence your choice in coming to the place, or you came because of the offer and leave with a bad impression because the offer did not materialize. I would not bother with this bar again.

The Bedarra Beach Inn: Friendly Coral Coast Hotel

The Bedarra Beach is a beautiful hotel in a lovely location with very friendly and helpful staff.

Our room at the Bedarra Beach Inn was the loveliest room we had anywhere in Fiji. It had a large comfortable bed and a seating area with TV. There was a large balcony overlooking the hotel pool and the sea. The room was spotlessly clean.

The room had tea/coffee making facilities, including filter coffee which was a pleasant way to start the day. There was no in-room safe but valuables could be left at reception.

The Bedarra had a pleasant pool and was next to the beach. The hotel provided snorkelling and kayak equipment to guests free of charge.

The Bedarra had a pleasant restaurant overlooking its pool. The food was very good. A cheaper option than eating here every meal was to walk to the Indian restaurant or the Swiss run Le Cafe restaurant just 2 minutes up the road.

It was also a short walk from the Bedarra to the 5 star Outrigger Hotel which had some interesting evening entertainment.

The Bedarra had an activity desk where you could book daytrips. The Kula Eco Park was just a short walk from the hotel.

The Coral sun bus from Suva or Nadi will drop you off right at this hotel.

Staff at the hotel were pleasant and friendly. I left my camera case with my SD card filled with photos of Suva on it on the Coral Sun bus and the receptionist tried to help me track it down. I was not charged for the phonecalls this generated.

Very helpful and pleasant staff. Beautiful location. Relaxing.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

Suva Motor Inn: Convenient location for sightseeing

We stayed in the Suva Motor Inn for one night. The hotel is very reasonably priced for Suva. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Our room was large, but quite bare and basic. There is no attempt to make the place look homely. Our room had a small TV. All rooms have balconies. We had a bath and a shower.

The hotel has a pleasant pool with a water slide. There is a restaurant/bar by the pool.

Most of Suva's sights could be visited on foot from the Suva Motor Inn. It was particularly convenient for the Fiji Museum and Thurston Gardens which were just 5 minutes walk away.

Levuka Homestay Levuka , Ovalau Island: A very friendly location

We spent two nights in the Levuka Homestay, which is run by an Australian couple John and Marilyn. John and Marilyn have lived in Fiji for around 10 years, I think, and have adopted it as their new home.

Our room at the Levuka Homestay was spacious and comfortable. There were lots of little homely touches to make the rooms attractive. There are three guest rooms at the Homestay and each has its own sitting out area. Our room had a choice of fan or air conditioning to keep it cool. There was no TV in the room, but you could borrow a DVD player and DVDs from John and Marilyn if you wanted to. The room had tea/coffee making facilities, no in room safe.

John and Marilyn run their bed and breakfast with a more friendly and personal touch. They live at the top of the house and guests go and eat breakfast upstairs with them. Breakfast is a long and leisurely and extremely filling affair. It consisted of homemade museli, fresh fruit from John and Marilyn's garden, toast, delicious banana pancakes, homemade passionfruit butter, homemade bread, homemade relishes, mixed fruit smoothies, tomatoes, cheese, non-stop coffees and teas. After that you get to the cooked bit!!! Bacon, egg, sausage, fried tomato. We normally needed a lie down after breakfast we were so full, but it was all very delicious.

In the evenings John and Marilyn were happy for their guests to come sit on their patio and have a few drinks with them. Their patio has beautiful views out over the sea.

John and Marilyn are also happy to arrange day trips for guests. You can go walking with their gardener Nox or they will arrange you a driver to take you to one of Ovalau's villages. They also helped us with return transport to the airport.

As we were at the Homestay on a Tuesday night John took us to the Ovalau Club and introduced us to some of the locals at the Ovalau Club.

The staff at the Homestay were very friendly and pleasant. The Homestay is conveniently located with all of Levuka's sights within easy walking distance.

Run with a friendly and personal touch and not like any other bed and breakfast I have evr stayed in in this respect.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful