4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Jean Michel Cousteau Fiji Isl

family diving location

by sarahwhit

My husband and our two small boys are trying to find a relaxing holiday in Fiji that will meet all our needs. We want some great diving, but need to know the kids will be happy and looked after (aged 3 and 5). We have looked at Castaway, Treasure and even a house at Taveuni. Any recommendations? It is a hard combination to find!!

by katt332

Have you looked at Jean Michel Cousteau. When I was there I came in with a family with 2 small children and as soon as they were at the resort, the kids were taken over to a special section, just for kids. It had a playground, a pool just for kids with a water slide, an activities area, and People assigned to each child. They took them snorkelling, looking for shells, etc. It is a bit more expensive, but you and your kids would have a great time. There is great diving up in the Somosomo straight also.

katt

by frecwentflya

Regarding my previous post about Castaway - please disregard! It think it might have been Beachcomber? island that we could see from Treasure (it was 5 years ago and the memory is not that good!)

by frecwentflya

My husband and I took our children to Treasure Island in 2000 and this has been one of our very favourite holidays of all time. There was so much to do for all of us. The staff are very friendly and love the kids as if they are their own. They teach them how to weave hats, they play games, do treasure hunts, etc. They will even give them dinner and look after them while you enjoy a romantic dinner of your own. The island is so small that we canoed around in an hour and the resort is the only thing on it so it is very safe. There is a turtle pond in the centre that children love to visit. We went snorkling, canoeing, parasailing, glass bottom boat viewing, and did some diving lessons. I don't know if the diving is 'great' or not as I cannot compare it to anywhere being a learner. I wouldn't recommend Castaway for small children. We could see the island from ours and we did visit it on a complimentary boat ride and it was full of young adults out for a good time of drinking and loud music - which is great but not for small kids. Have a great time!

Comments