3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• swimmergirl1's Profile Photo

Fiji's most beautiful and friendly resort

Koro Sun is a luxury resort and is "the happiest place on earth". The resort is gorgeous, the staff is the most friendly and helpful ever, every meal was incredibly delicious, and every day was an adventure, with kayaking, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling and bike riding on this beautiful island!
    We really hope to return to Koro Sun and highly recommend this resort!

Unique Quality: Our bure was beautiful, clean and comfortable and had a lovely view. All the staff knew our names the first day. This is an all inclusive resort and they treated us like royalty. The food was incredible and we ate way too much! Every day was an adventure and our memories of Koro Sun will last forever!

• Serenity & Activity in Paradise

We travelled to Fiji for my son's wedding in August, as part of group of 14. A brilliant time to visit Fiji. Perfect weather in serene, pristine surroundings. We found the resort to be absolutely beautiful with the most genuine, caring staff I've encountered. No request was too much. If you wanted to do something you only had to mention it. I am on a very restricted diet and I found the food interesting and well cooked and compatible with my needs. The bures and grounds were well maintained and there were fresh flowers daily throughout the complex. Our party consisted of a mix of ages, ranging from 12 months to 83 years old. Everyone was treated as an individual and at no time were we made to feel like a room number. The resort is small enough that personal attention was the norm. The staff even arranged for their carpenter to make the baby a high chair - which was really well made (as attested to by the brides father who is a builder). We had two elderly people in the group and the staff were more than willing to transport them around the resort in a buggy. The wedding was superb and the effort that the staff put into it to make it the special day that every bride expects was tremendous. There were a few hiccups along the way but it all went off well in the end. The other thing that I found refreshing was the integration of the island culture and our western way of life. There were activities that allowed you to explore the Fijian way of life in a natural way and understand their manner of living. Even the food was a mix of Indian and Fijian flavours and was included in the price.

Unique Quality: Terrific views particularly from the top of the hill if you feel energetic enough to take the resort walk in the early morning. Great massages in the spa in the tranquility of the rainforest with a waterfall burbling 2 metres from your head. Fantastic snorkelling in the crystal clear waters off Savusavu - no need to have any prior experience - just float along and enjoy the myriad of fish and different corals. Lots of different types of tours to do.

Directions: About 20 minutes outside Savusavu along the Hibiscus Highway.

More about Koro Sun Resort

I stayed at the Koro Sun (but...

by paulita1

I stayed at the Koro Sun (but then known as Kon tiki) in Vanua Levu.
$365 It was very relaxing and there were only 10 other guests. All meals were included. This place is mainly for Divers. Plenty of fruit trees, near the beach. Reasonable price. Only 17 bures, golf course, private garden, nice furniture. Friendly folks. Stayed 10 days by myself!

Savusavu

by swimmergirl1

I spent a week with my parents in Savusavu and we stayed at Koro Sun Resort. It was amazing. Every day was an adventure, with kayaking, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling and bike riding on this beautiful island!
I can't wait to go back to Koro Sun again!

BULA from Fiji!

"Week 1: Savusavu"

We spent an amazing week at Koro Sun, a luxury resort in Savusavu. The resort is gorgeous, the staff is the most friendly and helpful ever, every meal was incredibly delicious, and every day was an adventure, with kayaking, scuba diving, hiking, snorkeling and bike riding on this beautiful island! I can't wait to go back to Koro Sun again!

"Week 2: Kadavu"

When we landed in our mini airplane on Kadavu, big fijian guys were waiting there and carried our luggage over their shoulders onto the boat (no dock, so we had to wade into the water up to our thighs) which took us to our bure on the beach 20 minutes around to the other side of the island. The resort at Dive Kadavu was a pure diving resort, and a lot more rustic than Koro Sun. We went scuba diving every day, finished by noon, and then spent the rest of the day reading and playing games with my parents.

Dive Kadavu was very remote so we only saw the few people staying at our mini-resort plus the locals, but it was neat to go into the local's village and see how they live and they took us on hikes to waterfalls nearby. Figians are very friendly, lovely people.

View from the grounds at Koro Sun - SavusavuView from the grounds at Koro Sun - Savusavu

by monkey1886

Hello all, I would like to visit Fiji this summer 2009 w/ my 14 yr. old daughter. I have done some research & am still quite unsure as to the best place/places to stay/visit. Please HELP.!!!!

by sufr54

Please fill us in on what you would like to see and what sports activities if any you would like to do.

by kiwi

What summer are you referring to? Northern hemisphere or Southern (Fiji) hemisphere. Right now they are recovering from a disaster.

by pr_fj

well, the floods are gone..

by kiwi

Yes that is good news and we hope the recovery is fast :-)

Hi Monkey1886
I went to Fiji with my parents when I was 13. Koro Sun Resort, in Savusavu, was amazing and had lots of activities for us to do (snorkeling, cycling, kayaking, diving, hiking, boat rides, etc) and the food was incredible! The other resort we went to, Dive Kadavu, was also great, but probably only if you guys plan to go diving every day. See my Fiji travel pages and tips for more info and let me know if you have questions. :)

by allaboutfiji

Hi

I had a friend that recently came back from the Yasawas with her daughter she says it was amazing!!!
I would highly recommend you & daughter to travel the Yasawas, try staying at Nanuya Island, Navutu Stars the resorts are top notch, well looked after plus with Navutu Stars Resort the food is amazing as owned by Italians very small, relaxing away from the hustle & bustle they are only 9 bures so expect a lot of smiling Fijian faces.

This be a good mother and daughter holiday, i am going back on April just booked online with them as they are currently running a Special!!!

Hope the info helps

by kiwi

Most of the places in Fiji are running specials to entice the visitors back.

Comments