Ocean Road, Waiyevo, Fiji
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Garden Island Resort

by oldgoatwoman about Garden Island Resort

the price is all inclusive We had fresh flowers on our bed every day. The restaurant is open air and everyroom has a frig.

My Fiji Page

by oldgoatwoman

My husband, our teenage sons and I went to Fiji with a dive group in June,2000. It was during the coupe, but we saw nothing but beautiful country, great people and great weather. We were treated extremely well and had great food. The divers were taken good care of by the staff of the Garden Island Resort on Taveuni. My husband has some beautiful underwater video of incredible creatures and had a great time on the live a board boat "Matangi Princess II".
It is important to point out that I am not a diver. My son and husband had a great time diving. My other son and I had a great time snorkeling and everyone had a blast at the natural water slide and the beautiful water falls on the island.

Honeymoon IslandHoneymoon Island

Sere Ni IkaSere Ni Ika

Where to go to in Fiji?

by Dianec

Any suggestions where to go to in Fiji that includes accom., meals and diving for a reasonable price?

Thanks
Diane

Re: Where to go to in Fiji?

by Reverend

Garden Island Resort on Taveuni was a very good place when I was there in 2000. They seem to have maintained a good reputation, according to the reviews I've seen on the web, since then. Check out www.aquatrek.com

The Rainbow Reef is absolutely incredible! Best diving I've done anywhere in the world.

Re: Where to go to in Fiji?

by travelbugkim

Hi,
We have just come back from Viti Levu after having stayed with a beautiful local village called Namatakula on the coral coast. For all food, lodgings, festivities, friendship you can handle...$60 per day. We booked through www.fijibure.com. It was a fantastic experience to step inside another culture and be totally accepted. Want to tell the whole world. Hope you do it!
Kim

Diving in Fiji

by pegman

I am heading to Fiji for a week in March and am undertaking some research on where is best to stay. I am looking to do my PADI course and then just enjoy the sun. Anyone have any suggestions on nice quiet islands. I don't have a huge budget to work with so keep it real! Cheers

RE: Diving in Fiji

by RepetitiveDiver

Fiji is not the cheapest spot for diving but it doesnt have to break the bank.

There are some really nice places to stay which are not too expensive and at which you can take your dive course.

I would recommend either:

Garden Island resort, Taveuni - http://www.divetheworldfiji.com/taveuni-dive-resorts-garden-island-main.htm who have recently added dorm rooms to give a budget option, or

Matava Resort, Kadavu - http://www.divetheworldfiji.com/kadavu-dive-resorts-matava-main.htm, one of the least expensive resorts in Fiji but with great diving.

Hope that helps.

Diving in Fiji

by Perthgerl

Can anyone tell me about the diving in Fiji?

If you could compare it to other areas around the world that would be helpful, as people's opinions of dive site quality seem to vary depending on where they've been before. So, it would be a great help if you could you rate any of the following out of 10:

Fiji (state which island)
Belize
Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
Cozumel
Red Sea
Ningaloo Reef

Thanks a lot

Re: Diving in Fiji

by Reverend

Out on the island of Taveuni, the Rainbow Reef is the best diving I've ever done. I was there in February the year I went. There are several dive sites and they are all within just minutes of each other and none were more than 20 min. from the shore. The Garden Island Resort was where I did my diving, although I was staying at a guesthouse up the road. It's best to fly from the main island out to Taveuni, otherwise it would take a couple days on the boats that go there.

I've been to the Great Barrier and the Red Sea and I found Fiji to be tops with me! The color is wonderful, the wildlife terrific (highlight was a eagle ray with 12ft. wingspan,) and it's all so easily accessible from the island, unlike the massive expanse of the Great Barrier. I don't believe there are more than two dive operators out there, each taking groups of ten or less, so it's not crowded, like I found the Red Sea sites to be.

Re: Re: Diving in Fiji

by Perthgerl

Thank you very much for your response. Its very helpful.

Travel Tips for Taveuni Island

Warrior Burial Cave at Soqulu

by pirate_7

Created by a lava tube, this cave is about 350 metres long and terminates at the ocean’s edge. In former times, Fijian’s used this site as a secret burial cave for warriors. It is believed that Taveuni’s greatest warriors were buried here to keep their remains hidden from enemies. Most of the large bones were removed in the 1950’s after the cave was discovered. This trip is not offered by anyone! You need the help of the locals. The entrance of the cave is on private property, so you need to ask the owner for permission.

Honeymoon in Fiji

by Coloradoboop

"Getting There"

Getting to Taveuni from Colorado Springs, CO was a 26 hour adventure. These pics are of the island hopping planes and beautiful views from the tiny planes. I loved it - but there were quite a few people on our plane who did not enjoy the ride.

Taveuni, Fiji

by eileenms

"Tavenui Fiji The Garden Island"

My Friend Ronna has the best bed and breakfast on the island.
www.coconutgrovefiji.com
you can see it all.
she is a fabulous hostess. She has 3 bures she rents, and serves breakfast lunch and dinner.
Each day and night is special, the island is beautiful and still so romantic and untouched by so much of western civilization.
She has wounderful papayas growing year round and a fresh organic garden she picks from daily.
Her property is beachfront, and she offers, kyaks and other acitivities for visitors. Try her , you won't be sorry. she has a wounderful sense of humor and fabulous cuisine, prepared fresh daily by authentic Indian cooks, and served by her Fijian ladies.

Comments