Taveuni Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• leigh1009 profile photo leigh1009
  • Reviews: 1

Maravu: wonderful stay

The staff was very warm, friendly and helpful. We selected Maravu to get married and im very glad we did. We married at Bouma Falls and everyone was great. The resort is beautiful and enchanting. I didnt want to leave

The deluxe honeymoon suite had an outdoor secluded shower and hot tub w/ a waterfall. The food was wonderful.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 2, 2008

Bouma Falls

• Coloradoboop profile photo Coloradoboop
  • Reviews: 2

Maravu Plantation Resort: A little piece of heaven

Maravu Plantation Resort is an amazing place to stay. Great food (European style portions), great accomodations and some of the friendliest staff I have ever met. We went for our honeymoon in October - which is a perfect time to stay...just before the rains. We stayed in a Honeymoon Bure for the first 5 nights, then upgraded to the Oceanview Spa Bure #16 for the last two nights. The standard bures are nice, nothing too fancy if that is what you are looking for, but extremely comfortable and clean. If you have the extra $$ stay in the Oceanview Spa Villas. They have an amazing deck overlooking the ocean and the sunsets cannot be beat. Very romantic and pampering with a heart shaped plunge pool that can be either a hot tub or pool. Make sure you don't mind waking up to roosters at the crack of dawn!! They like to roam the yard in front of the villas. It is a haul up a long stairway to get to the Spa Villas, so beware if you are not in good shape! Also, it is a walk to the beach, but still very nice and not too long of a way.

The food is excellent. Breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner are included. They have a great chef and all of the staff is so nice. They became our friends before we left.

Don't miss the chance to stay here if you are in Taveuni.

The tours offered with the packages are well worth the money. We did the West Coast Tour and the Tavoro Waterfall Trip and were not disappointed. Seutouki is a knowledgeable guide, and has a great sense of humor!

I also made use of the freshwater pool everyday. Very refreshing - not too many of the guests seem to take advantage.

Try a Fijian massage - like no other massage I have experienced. I was so relaxed I could hardly move.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, Jungle and Rain Forest
  • Written October 1, 2006

• pirate_7 profile photo pirate_7
  • Reviews: 2

Maravu Plantation Resort: A Fijian Paradise

Everything was perfect there. From the food and the people and the beautiful setting….and the outdoor Jacuzzi’s !! The rich colours of sunset mixed with the infectious Fijian Spirit made for a truly unforgettable experience. Words alone cannot express how fond I am of all the staff there at Maravu. Everyone is so considerate, helpful, humble, modest, and friendly. It saddens me to return to all the rude, inconsiderate people of my home country. God truly blessed me with this visit. I feel as if I've known the staff all my life. Tracy, Olita and Chuckie at the bar are exceptional, Albert, Niu, Setoki and Filo took us on various trips and tours and their smiles and helpfulness will never be topped anywhere. Personally what will lack so much in my life is not hearing the melodies of the Maravu Band Boys & their smiles and laughter. They are such an incredible addition to the other ones stay there. Also, Flo greeted us at the airport and we immediately felt at ease, at home and in love with Fiji and its people. The casual informative welcome at the Resort was extremely well handled between Laite and Delia and Piniana we were bursting to start our stay with anticipation. They certainly know their business.
The maid service was excellent, they cleaned so very thoroughly, the plantation activities were lots of fun. The cottages were absolutely beautiful, and the resort gives a very nice Fijian feeling all around.

What touched me most was the concern of the staff for special needs. The attitude of all the staff and the cleanliness of the bures. Everyone was so good to us. Outstanding food, cottages and enviroment.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Horse Riding
  • Written June 6, 2005

• sasha_v profile photo sasha_v
  • Reviews: 6

Various homes: Renting a House On Taveuni

When we travelled to Taveuni Island we chose to stay in a house called Sere Ne Ika, owned by a Hawaiian family who only occasionally used it as a holiday house. There are several houses on Taveuni available to rent and they are the best option if there is a group, as most have several bedrooms and a large living space, as well as being more economical.

Absolute beachfront, beautiful views over the ocean. Caretakers there to help with cleaning, making beds etc and cute Fijian kids everywhere.

• Opinion of Price: about average