P.O. Box 69, Fiji
Booking.com Agoda.com AMOMA.com

More about Paradise Taveuni

Renting a House On Taveuni

by sasha_v about Various homes

When we travelled to Taveuni Island we chose to stay in a house called Sere Ne Ika, owned by a Hawaiian family who only occasionally used it as a holiday house. There are several houses on Taveuni available to rent and they are the best option if there is a group, as most have several bedrooms and a large living space, as well as being more economical. Absolute beachfront, beautiful views over the ocean. Caretakers there to help with cleaning, making beds etc and cute Fijian kids everywhere.

A little piece of heaven

by Coloradoboop about Maravu Plantation Resort

Maravu Plantation Resort is an amazing place to stay. Great food (European style portions), great accomodations and some of the friendliest staff I have ever met. We went for our honeymoon in October - which is a perfect time to stay...just before the rains. We stayed in a Honeymoon Bure for the first 5 nights, then upgraded to the Oceanview Spa Bure #16 for the last two nights. The standard bures are nice, nothing too fancy if that is what you are looking for, but extremely comfortable and clean. If you have the extra $$ stay in the Oceanview Spa Villas. They have an amazing deck overlooking the ocean and the sunsets cannot be beat. Very romantic and pampering with a heart shaped plunge pool that can be either a hot tub or pool. Make sure you don't mind waking up to roosters at the crack of dawn!! They like to roam the yard in front of the villas. It is a haul up a long stairway to get to the Spa Villas, so beware if you are not in good shape! Also, it is a walk to the beach, but still very nice and not too long of a way.

The food is excellent. Breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner are included. They have a great chef and all of the staff is so nice. They became our friends before we left.

Don't miss the chance to stay here if you are in Taveuni. The tours offered with the packages are well worth the money. We did the West Coast Tour and the Tavoro Waterfall Trip and were not disappointed. Seutouki is a knowledgeable guide, and has a great sense of humor!

I also made use of the freshwater pool everyday. Very refreshing - not too many of the guests seem to take advantage.

Try a Fijian massage - like no other massage I have experienced. I was so relaxed I could hardly move.

Away from everything on Taveuni

by bjmd22 about Susie's Plantation Resort

Susies, is a very well kept hostel with dorms and bures. It is ran by a Swiss german guy named Roland(divemaster) and his girlfriend Viola. The food was excellent and the snorkling and diving were great. Snorkling was great right off the rock boat dock, some of the best I saw in Fiji. There was no beach, but a large grassy lawn that went right up to the rocky shore. Swimming was possible from the dock. Roland dives the Rainbow reef and the Great white wall, which are both world class dives. The price was $F20 for the dorm and $F25 for 3 meals, which were well worth the money.

Taveuni - the best accomodation

by Princy about Little Dolphin Tree House

The owner rents out just one room with it's own kitchen and bath room on the ground floor. The balcony outsid ethe bedroom on the 1st follr looks straight out to the sea. The owners are a lovely sweet couple and couldn't be more helpfull. They even went to get some shopping for us from the next village! They also have lots of mango/lime/banana/papaya/ chilli/breadfruit etc growing in the garden that they give you to eat. Amazing view straight out to the sea with a lovely big garden to realx in. They also have kiyaks they lend you to go out to the sea in. They lent us life jacktes etc too.

Cocunut Plantation House with Beach on Savasavu.

by TaveuniFan about SigaSiga Sands

My wife and I stayed at a rented house on the beach at Taveuni.

It was great and the beach was perfect. We also stayed on another Island and rented a house on a coconut plantation. The beach was even better their but both were fabulous.

I do not have the information on the second place we stayed at, the first house was very expensive though.

Here is where we stayed:

The second place was great two, We stayed near Savusavu.

It has apparently been remodeled since we were their. It feels like your on a deserted Island when your one the beach their. It is unspoiled and if you see anyone it is a local walking through or people searching for fish and other seafood. Their is also a blue lagoon nearby and we have never seen anyone their. It is however heavily populated by octupus. I do not know if they are poisonous or not and we noticed only as we got their and notices literal hundreds of tentacles. A quick stamp of the feet and they retreat. We did not swim in the lagoon but it was neat however we are not sea people so we left well alone.

We also went deep sea fishing from Savusavu and it was very inexpensive. I caught a Mahi Mahi and a Walu. A shark bit the top fin off my Mahi Mahi but did not touch the meat. Best fish I ever had.

I hope this helps you and enjoy your stay. They have caretakers and lots of fresh fruit that grows right on the property.

Taveuni Island

by sasha_v

"Getting There"

Taveuni Island is a 2 1/2 hour flight from Nadi airport in an extremely tiny plane! Very very scary but just close you eyes and think happy thoughts! If you manage to open your eyes, you will be able to see the islands, reef and ocean through the plane windows as the plane flies lower than the clouds.

"Whats on the island"

Don't go expecting a flash island lifestyle-its not. Taveuni is very traditional with the people living in villages in little shacks and living a traditional lifestyle such as washing clothes in the streams. Facilities are fairly basic, there is no electricity and everything is powered by generator.
There are several convience stores scattered over the island, with nothing near the range you are used to at home. Some things are extremely expensive (eg F$9.00 for a box of cereal) some cheap (F$1.20 for a 600ml coke).

"Sightseeing"

Taveuni is known as the 'Garden Island' obviously there is a lot of rainforest to see. Best things to do:
*Visit International date line near the hospital. I unfortunately got very sick and had to utilise the services of the hospital...but thats another story.
*Wairkiki Mission- an old Catholic mission
*Waitevala waterslide- natural waterslide
*Vuna Village and the blowhole
*Lake Tagimaucia- home to the rare Tagimaucia flower
*Bouma Falls- waterfalls

Check this site our for more info

Taveuni CopraTaveuni Copra

by whyvon

Aloha,

Looking for anyone who's been married in Fiji -

Requirements?

Specifically - I want to be married on the island of Taveuni - but do not want to go through the hotel's expensive and foo foo packages.

We just want a simple, barefoot ceremony on the beach with someone to snap photos and someone nice to perform a short, non-religious ceremony.

Many thanks for any help you can provide!

Whyvon

RE: Wedding in Taveuni

by nomad7890

Since you don't care about a religious ceremony, why don't you just bring two of your own foo foo's to get you married and snap the pictures. Secretly you can get pre-married before you leave for Fiji - just have a ceremony there. Should make things much simpler!

Nomad

RE: Wedding in Taveuni

by irisdoug

Go thru a travel agent in Fuji. Tell them exactly what you want to do and that you do not want the foo foo. You should be able to get what you want that way. Shop and compare. We spent 3 weeks in Fiji and had a great time. I believe we went thru Fiji Adventures. If you have any extra time spend a couple days on the main Island and go to Robinson Crusoe Island, the orchid farm, and the zoo. We do not suggest that you do the ocean jet ski safari (several hours) because you will both be so sunburnt that you will not want your new spouse touching you for a few days. Good Luck.

Re: Wedding in Taveuni

by EvAnderstaby

Is it too late?? Dolphin Bay Divers in Taveuni organizes casual wedding.

Best regards

EvAnders

Kadavu or Taveuni?

by Tinka2006

Which Island is better for snorkelling and relaxing on the beach?

Thanks
Katinka

by Sergeyu

You should aware, that Fiji is part of south Pacific, where realxibg on the beach is not really what usually meant with it:

in most cases both shoreline and seabed is coeverd with small sharpo sandc oloyr coralls pieces, that makes impossible to walk on the sand ( this you never see on teh pics as corall pieces are really small and mitigate beach colour) and eneter teh wtaer without reef shoes. As well it is in most cases difficult to enter the water from the shore as it too shallow - that in turns makes that aerila view so nice.

I 've been on in Fiji beside main only on Taveuni is. only , and what I said applicable to that island. As far as I saw pics of Kadavu isl. http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=kadavu+fiji this shows beaches of quality better tahn I 've seen on taveuni, but again you need first hand inbo because that [ on the pic ] nice colour sand and water can hide those small and sharp corall rocks on every cm2.

by wabat

Both similar in both regards...Taveuni much more "delevoped" , easier to get to etc somewhat more expensive re transport etc. Kadavu for more adventerous .. i enjoyed both for differing reasons .. both good for bush walking as well.

by TaveuniFan

My beach experience on Taveuni is not the same as mentioned here. it was clean and perfect but we did stay at house of the rising moon which is a private rental property with its own beach.

We also stayed near Savusavu and the beach their was just like from a movie. Taveuni was great but more people. Savusavu not so many people.

Sigasiga sands is the name of the place we stayed at on Savusavu.

Is this itinerary do-able?

by SeanPF

I go to Fiji in June and plan to go to Viti Levua, Ovalau, Vanua Levu and Taveuni for 5 days each. Is this a reasonable amount of time to trek around and relax?
I've seen a couple of comments on gapyear.com saying the ferry to taveuni from vanua levu is "dodgy" can someone put this right?!?!?

Re: Is this itinerary do-able?

by itzkriz

No, the ferry to fantastic Taveuni is not "dodgy". Just basic, but completely safe.

Can I congratulate you on your choices of places to go and time to spend. Each of them has cultural and significant land-relief differences! Taveuni should be more tourist visited. Thank God it is not. It is a real gem, and you MUST climb up to the Marist Fathers Formation Centre on the top to have the most breath-taking views over the fijian islands. At Ovalau take an hour or so road walk past the fish canning factory towards St Johns College and enjoy meeting up with many of the locals along the way.

Comments