4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island
Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Radisson Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Coverted to a stay at Denarau

by TripAdvisor Member travelwithlisa

Denarau has never appealed to me, mass hotels on a mud flat! An unexpected stay at The Radisson Fiji has converted me. My husband and two kids (5 & 6 years) has a great time. We shared a one bedroom apartment which was excellent, fantastic facilities. Staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. The grounds are great and pools the best at Denarau. Food not too badly priced especially compared to the Sheratons, Sofitel etc. There also is a Italian/pizza place at "the Wharf" that does an awesome pizza. I would recommend the resort to people combining an island holiday with a few days at The Radisson Fiji. You do have to avoid the beaches (mud flats) so the pool areas are great compensation. The water slide is great for kids, be careful though I ended up with a few stiches in the forehead from a head clash with my 6yr old son!!
A great hotel, especially for a property that is so new! Keep up the good work.

Great Hotel - Love the people

by TripAdvisor Member phil_eapen

I heard somewhere that what makes a good hotel holiday experience is not just the hotel itself but the people who work for the hotel. The Radisson Fiji has been the best hotel holiday experience my family and I have had to date. The people are so loving. The hotel is FABULOUS...lovely setting, best on Denarau Island if not all of Fiji. Being just 20 mins from Nadi, makes it really easy to commute, the free Bula bus, makes access easy to any of the other 6 hotels on the island and also the marina. The Island has its own security guards, lovely marina, hardly anything to complain about in general. My son now wants to goto school at the Pirate's Kids Club. The Kid's club hosts were his "Foster" parents for the four days we were there. I had an accident while on holiday but the hotel was so kind, and treated us so well, so much so it felt like we were back in our home, which to us, is what a holiday should be about. It made me forget that I had the accident in the first place. So we highly recommend this hotel as it has luxuriously appointed rooms, with light dimmers (to set that perfect mood...Guys!), all amenities for cooking and washing (1 & 2 bedders only), bathroom showers with jet options, two plasma tele's, lovely setting with four pools, and most of all, warm, friendly and loving people. I am already planning a return to The Radisson. Vanaka ;-)

Great family orientated hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member cabincrew

Stayed for 4 nights in August with my partner on a romantic getaway. This recently opened hotel is beautifully landscaped and decorated using local Fijian materials and therefore has a great welcoming Fiji feel to it. Very close to local Nadi town ($FJ10 in a taxi) and from the airport a taxi will set you back about FJ$20. Great value for money at FJ$165 per night.

The pool area is expansive and covers pretty much all of the land space from the lobby right to the beach front. There is a designated adults pool area however not sure if this is policed as there were kids when we were there, however quiet enough not to bother us too much. On two of the days we went for a walk to the Hilton property and gate crashed there pool for the day (you can pretty much do this for any hotel as they sort of blend into each other). There are also complimentary catamarans and kayaks available for upto 1 hour at a time... bear in mind the beach is reclaimed mangroves so the water is a little muddy but still a great experience.

Rooms are fantastic, we initially got upgraded from the standard hotel room to a mountain view 1 bedroom suite. After the bathroom flooded (room had yet to be used so some draining issues occurred) they moved us again to a better and bigger lagoon suite which overlooked the pool and gave us direct access to the pool area from the room itself. There is a massive king size bed with a TV and DVD player in the lounge area and another TV in bedroom. Ceiling fans and air-conditioners make the room very comfortable. There is a full kitchen and dining table in these types of rooms and the bathroom is fitted with a double vanity, seperate bath and shower, and we also found a clothes washer and dryer which would come in handy on longer stays. A complimentary ethernet internet connection is in all rooms, not the fatest, but does the job. Also had no issue with two guys requesting a king bed - staff were very hospitable and accommodating.

The room service is surprisingly cheap and good quality for Fiji standards (bowl of room service chips were FJ$8).

There is a complimentary shuttle bus which stops at all the Denarau hotels (about 8 in total) on the way to the Marina where the daily departures to the offshore islands for day trips leave from. The marina has been transformed into a bit of a shopping centre with a fully stocked supermarket as well as 3 full service restaurants, a bakery, ice cream parlour and a great pizza place all offering great value food. The buses start around 9am until very late and leave every 20 minutes - of course running on Fiji time which can leave big gaps in service schedules. You can also visit the many restaurants at the other hotels in the area, expect big prices mind you, better off value wise to eat at the Radisson until you get sick of it.

About 200 metres after turning left at the lobby up the road outside the Sheraton you will find a convenience store and a coffee house which has all the bits and pieces you will need to get by.

Overall I would definately recommend this hotel to young families or groups travelling together based in the facilities and size of the rooms. Honeymooners and couples are better to head to the Sofitel or Fiji Beach Resort and Spa by Hilton, which we will try next time in Fiji. None the less this hotel although still sorting out some minor administration and construction issues offers the best value for money in Denarau, if not on the entire mainland.

You can get by on this hotel on a very small budget if you like, most recommded if you are staying in thr area before heading out to the islands or the coast. The Radisson is till offering great stay-pay deals and complimentary upgrades if you book online on their website or if you book with your travel agent (Qantas & Creative Holidays are the best value wholesalers... so get your agent to look into it).

Fabulous lagoon style pool -- Beware the food

by TripAdvisor Member tattitalk

Beautiful brand new hotel. The lagoon pool was fantastic and the rooms were clean and comfortably furnished. Large king size bed, heaps of fluffy pillows, fluffy towels, large pool towels, bathrobes.

The facilities and amenities are 5 star HOWEVER, the customer service and the food were very disappointing and drop their rating considerably.

Let me give a few specific examples. The first morning we stayed, we were woken up at 7:30am by hammering, the hammering persisted for about 20 minutes until I called the front desk to complain. Irritating. There was a sorry, the hammering stopped and nothing else.

The dining menu was not too expensive, the breakfast was $25 per person and of acceptable quality although the baked goods were not that great. For lunch, you can get table service if you sit underneath the restaraurant awning but must order at the bar if you sit closer to the pool. Again, irritating because the difference was not obvious.

We had a few average to bad meals (salads), a good meal (pizza), a disgusting indian buffet (lumps of fat in curry), and finally refused to pay for hamburgers that were raw after 2 trips to the kitchen.

If you stay here, I recommend staying for the breakfast and leaving for lunch and dinner. Bring plenty of patience, because the service is slow, even by Fijian standards.

A marked improvement in food and service would elevate this hotel to the next level.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Suva_FijiMaggie

We just returned from a long weekend stay at the Radisson hotel in Denarau Island Fiji.
It’s a new hotel only opened about 6 months it was great. From getting out of the car at reception the welcome we got and the service was amazing. We had arrived very early reception said our room would not be ready yet , I said that was fine as we had prearranged a game of Golf and would not need it till later in the day. Reception invited us to sit in the bar while they checked us in, we got a complementary cold drink it was very refreshing after a long drive and the cold face cloth came in handy . We had just finished our drink when they said the room was ready so we dropped our suit case in the room, {which I have to say was very nice} It had every thing you would need for a short or long stay.
The mini bar was topped up with everything from wine water milk soda chocolates they even had a draw next to the mini bar with Pringles peanuts red wine small packets of fresh coffee and headache tablets they had thought of every thing .
The bed was lovely we had a good nights sleep and the black out curtains were good. All in all it was very nice and ladies a long length mirror in the room hooray.

A pleasant suprise awaites

by TripAdvisor Member Waikatosflyingkiwi

A good rate from Expedia for a new hotel. The room has a bed that a sports team could play a game on. Looking through the pandanas trees from the balony one of the pools beckones. Part of seven resorts complex on this reclaimed mangrove swamp. The beach should be keeped away from for swimming at all resorts. signs say Beware of sea life. Nevermind, the use of all pools at all resorts and what a choice.A free shuttle moves you between them all, this includes the port. The buffet looked horrible so pasted and had one of their good pizza's instead. Overall a great place. Stayed next week at Westin. Great but ouch for the price even with Starwoods prefered guest discount.

Just the thing!

by TripAdvisor Member MsTravel-com

Thanks trip adviser with your help i picked a great hotel and totally enjoyed my stay. The Radisson and the Denarau Islands are a great place to go if you just wanted to chill out read a book beside the pool with a Cocktail!. Really i could have been anywhere and thats what i loved. When i arrived i was upgraded to the One bed apartment (had booked the Pacific Guest room), OMG it was such a treat, had a kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom with washing machine all to myself. As it is only opened a few months everything is new and shinny. The pool area was fab and it had a lovely Adults only section. I traveled on my own, but there was a good mix of couples and family's. Would def be back!

A lovely Stay.

by TripAdvisor Member Kayno

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel, on our way home, after spending 5 nights at Vomo Island Resort. When staying in Fiji, we never stay on the mainland, we always spend our holiday at the outer islands, but we thought we would try this new hotel.
The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Our room was really nice, the beds really comfortable and the room well serviced. The swimming pools were lovely and I must admit, it is nice to have a pool especially for adults. The food was okay but we found that all the hotels at Denarau, can"t compare with the food we had at Vomo. Lunch was good and so was dinner but I would probably go to The Veranda Restaurant at the Sheraton for breakfast. Overall this hotel was a lovely place to stay and I do recommend it.

Good on Paper but not in reality

by TripAdvisor Member JasonFSydney

The Radisson is a new resort which was built 5 months ago and on paper and by the way they promote themselves it is a world class hotel.

We arrived on a 7 day holiday at the Radisson and was sent to a room with a view of the road, i was told this was the garden view room but was not impressed, was upgraded to a 2nd floor with views to the lagoon, but only after 2 days of begging.

The pool is the number 1 selling point of this place, massive amout of space to have a swim or chill out at the bar. The adult area is a good idea but nobody police's this so you get the odd kids jumping in, i didnt really mind.

We found alot of kids at this property, probably because the Radisson group does timeshare concept and alot of the people we spoke to owned rooms and get 4 weeks a year for free and they rent the place out when there not there.

The gym is a complete waste of time, both cardio machines were broken and the weigh machines were also broken. Staff did not seem to care about the gym and even the aircon was broken. I was told the Westin has better gym facilities.

Food is aweful, we ate all the other resorts and found the Radisson to be poor. Service is not a priortity for these guys at all. I found the Westin and Sofitel offering far better service.
One day for example i ordered room service at 9am and got the food at 10.45am, they made some excuse that they were busy and sorry.

Bottom line is if you want a family fun adventure than try the Radisson you might meet some friendly kiwi's or aussie families, if you want a romantic getaway beware of the Radisson this aint the place for you.

Fiji - great people, great place to visit

by Diesel_1966

"Outrigger on the Lagoon"

Fiji's first official five star resort and Fiji Tourism Award for Best Deluxe Accommodation

"Radisson Resort Fiji Denarau Island"

Some of the pools

Work? What`s that?Work? What`s that?

Members` Stand, Sigatoka Sports GroundMembers` Stand, Sigatoka Sports Ground

Navua CurryNavua Curry

Roadside, NavuaRoadside, Navua

Driving Viti Levu

by johnbook

Wondering if, after touring Suva, Viti Levu is worth exploring? We have to get from Suva to the western islands, so thought about hiring a car and spening 2 or more days getting across the island. And if we did, in which direction should we drive from Suva?

Many thanks

Re: Driving Viti Levu

by Odinnthor

Well John, one thing you need to know. Suva is not what it used to be. Be very careful in your movements around the city, and use "common sense" in your wanderings around there.

That being said, it is worth getting a car and driving around the Coral Coast (south side of the island), and go through Korolevu and on to Denerau and Nadi. Here are a few things to consider.

Although it has been awhile since I have been in Fiji, I was a frequent visior there in the past. The Fijians are the native Polynesians and fourth and fifth generation Indians (India), brough over long ago for work details. Expect a lot of Indian influence in the local culture. Nadi (pron: Nandi), is the main airport town and not really what you are looking for. However a short distance away is Denarau Island, actually an island just off the coast. The resorts however are on the mainland although they are identified with the island.

The Coral Coast was my favorite and Korolevu area a particular area that I enjoyed the most. Your island is on the Coral Coast. If you rent a car, you will be able to visit a lot of the local culture,including the Siratoga national Park, between Nadi and Korolevu proper.

There are many places to visit and/or stay at, around Viti Levu, both on the Sun Coast (the north coast), and on the Coral Coast (the south coast). Korolevu is about half way between Nadi and the capital Suva. As I worked in the cruise staff on a Chandris ship, we always docked in Suva, however later as a tour manager we would of course fly into Nadi.

Check with the "Blue Lagoon Cruises" for island hopping. They get great reviews here on VT. Here is their site:

For great island services check out Tui Tai Expeditions.

If you want to go fishing, check out Melissa McCoy's stuff.

Here are some images to wet your appetite....

Here are some of the attractions in Fiji

If you are looking for the outer island resorts here are a few to consider, including Namotu Island, Yasawa Islands, and the Mamanucas...

Do some research, with this information, and you will find more stuff as you go. Have a great time planning. If you have further questions, just ask. Hope this helps somewhat....d:o)

Comments