Vuda Point Road, Beachcomber Island, Fiji

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Beachcomber Island Resort

Island fun!

by TracyG about Beachcomber Island Resort.

I stayed in dormitory accomodation and this was one of the best ways to meet people, it was sooo much fun. They also have individula lodges as well. You can walk around the whole island in 10 mins. . You are never more than a minutes walk to the beach, and there are amazing watersports on offer. The bar and restaurant are so much, I will never forget our crab racing, or when the Italian rugby team gatecrashed the Island!

Living with 80 roommates!

by pporto about Beachcomber Island Resort

Beachcomber is a great place to spend some time if you are a young traveler. As an accommodation, I thought it was great. We stayed in the dorms with over 80 beds, but had a great time! There are a few beds on the second floor of the dorm which were less intrusive, but hotter at night. If you have a top bunk, try to get one in the center of the room so that you have high ceilings above you (not under the sections that have a second floor above). There seemed to be plenty of showers and they supply you with a new bath towel every evening. They also give you one beach towel every morning. You do have to pay to rent lounge chairs and umbrellas, but it's very cheap. The food is tasty and plentiful. And even though they feed you well, make sure to try one of the grilled sandwiches at the bar. They are like $2FJD and are incredible. Everyone who had one would agree they are some of the best sandwiches in the world. As for non-alcoholic drinks (yes, you can get some without alcohol!), try The Breeze....it's delicious! There is even icecream available at the bar for those warm days of laying around. Waterskiing, Parasailing, Snorkeling, Windsurfing, Scuba Diving, Bar, Dance Floor, Cultural Shows, Daily trips, Great food, Hot tub

Party Up and book the Detox!

by amortimerwlg about Beachcomber Island Resort

A slow process into alcohol and kava induced oblivion and enjoying every minute of it. All inclusive value. Food not that bad and party good.

Visit Beachcomber Island...

by mark88

Visit Beachcomber Island resort during Feb or March each year for the 1/2 price diving. This beautiful island is small enough to walk around in about 10 minutes but has a wide range of activities to keep you occupied.

Beachcomber Island - resort

by King1e

I was here in 1995 and 1996.

This is after a little adventure that i went on. Earlier that day, i met an american woman at the bar. We decided to rent one of the canoes and go to an island. An isolated island, but she said that she heard that there were some local residents living there. So off we go......at the island, only 2 people, caretakers...........she left back to beachcomber, i stayed. Later,getting dark, a small moter boat with a couple of beachcomber staff appeared, and they informed me that i had to go back.

This schedule, is on the wall near to where the buffets are. It changes daily listing the available activities for the day.

My home, the Grande Bure, most of the visitors stayed here. On occasion I would stay in a private room.
My home was the bunk on the upper right, gecko's and all.

pic. taken from my home

This was our fello surgeon, who was visiting from Australia. When he left, he asked me to take over and gave me a few important points, which are not important to note here.

The pic. is of him doing a "surgery" to a fello traveler. The headless fella to the left was my assistant shark for awhile.

Serendipity - a marriage in the middle of nowhere, and I was just on the other side of the fence and my birthday. How nice.

they're a nice couple, and I wish them the best.

Thats the boat that brought me to beachcomber. they have these little transporters to get you to and from it.

The fella with the white hat, was one of the artist's that I met on Beachcomber. A gentle and inteligent person. Also he paints. I noticed water colour cards he was painting. I found that I was slightly interested in them and approached him. Next thing you know I'm painting in water colours (he gave me a sable brush, dabs of paint plus watercolour postcards) and other tourists wanted me to make paintings for them. It was short lived as it seems so much in my life. But I guess just keep going till something sticks for a long time. I guess that is my desire.But until that time I must enjoy the glimpses that I get.
The Island in the top left hand side is Treasure Island, another resort. A dozen ladies and I swam over there. Well they swam and I paddled a little boat. Gee, I get scared of such things. My excuse was I would be there as a safety net in case any of them had troubles. But I did swim back, well the boat was right in front of me. Of course I shouldn't have, because one of the ladies got a severe cramp on the way back and nobody noticed. It still bothers me, she could have drowned.

Comments