3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about First Landing Beach Resort & Villas

Dinner and a show

by malianrob about First Landing Resort Restaurant

We landed at the Marina In First Landing Resort. This is where they say the first Fijian people arrived on the island many many years ago. The resort looks very nice. You walk through the bar area then get seated for dinner. The service is excellent here like on most of the island. The people really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. We then listened to a string band entertainment while we waited for for 3 course dinner. After dinner there was a polynesian show followed by Samoan fire dancing outside, Rob had the lobster seafood plate which he said it was very good. I had a chicken teriyaki with steammed veggies and a sweet mashed potatoe. Our meals included some sort of seafood appetizer with fruit. The way everything was presented on your plate was very nice and fancy. I thought the food was ok. Rob thought it was great. We also had a dessert afterwards.

BulaBula

MangosMangos

Coral Coast or Nadi Area

by narvaleh

Traveling to Fiji this May. Trying to decide between the First Landing Resort in Nadi Area versus The Hideaway Resort on the Coral Coast. What beach is better for both relaxation and snorkeling.Will also be traveling to either Mana Island or Matamanoa. ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!

RE: Coral Coast or Nadi Area

by worldtrekker

I was in Fiji about 10 years ago, but I imagine the conditions will be the same. I landed in Nadi and booked into my accommodations, and then asked how to get to the beach. Apparently there aren't any nice beaches in the Nadi area and I was told to go to the Coral Coast or to the other islands. I believe the Coral Coast is about a 3 hours drive from Nadi. I haven't been there, so don't know how it compares to the other islands.

RE: Coral Coast or Nadi Area

by katt332

Hello,

I was just at both resorts, First Landing and Hideaway. I did not like First Landing. The food was not good. It was expensive. The people at the resort were not very friendly.

Hideaway was fun. It had good prices. The staff gets into having fun with the guests. There is a lot to do at the resort itself. The bures are very nice.

katt

RE: RE: Coral Coast or Nadi Area

by narvaleh

Thanks for the advice
Can you swim at the beach at the Hideaway? Seems like I will be chosing Hideaway over First landing.

RE: RE: Coral Coast or Nadi Area

by allikat

Hi,

I was in Fiji in November 2003...I think the journey time from Nadi to the Coral Coast is more like 60/90 minutes. I remember Nadi being busy and fairly built up and I understand the beaches are not really too good. I stayed at the Outrigger on the Coral Coast (which I absolutely loved)....the beach was fine with coral lagoon that was great for snorkelling. but to get the beautiful powdery white sandy beaches you see in the brochures, the islands are a better bet.

Cruises

by ova50

Travelling to Fiji in August - want to take one of the 7 day cruises. Does anyone have any feedback on either Blue Lagoon or Captain Cook cruises ?? Also, as I have to spend at least one night at either Denerau or Lutoka, does anyone have any recent experiences with overnight accom at either place, especially Lutoka ?? Doesn't seem to be many options for overnight accom in Lutoka.

Re: Cruises

by Marianne2

Welcome to VT! I have been on Captain Cook in Fiji and it is a very good experience. The itineraries that Blue Lagoon does are fairly similar, in the same area, so you should maybe take a comparative online look at both ships' configuration, cabins, and pricing. The Captain Cook ship had fine cabins, with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass French doors, which was great for views. Their food was fine, especially the seafood dishes. Some of the entertainment on board was too hokey for me (but I was there for business purposes) -- conga line, a night of karaoke, etc. But I think Blue Lagoon does the same. You can stay overnight in either Denaru (several upscale resort-type hotels that are pricey, but on beautiful beach) or in Nadi (not Lautoka). Nadi is near the airport, no beach. The Tanoa Hotel there is very good, nice pool and more reasonably priced than the Denaru hotels. But Denaru is where Captain Cook docks, so those hotels are very convenient. Have a great time!

Re: Cruises

by Fijifan

The Blue Lagoon is heaps of fun (have done this one) and goes to some special places. Would be my choice if I go again. The Waterfront Hotel at Lautoka is an OK Hotel (have stayed here) or First Landing Resort at Vuda Point is a very goood alternative. Great resort with fantastic beachside dining. All resort facilities. Only 10mins from the Wharf at Lautoka. All single storied villas. Very much an island feel. They can arrange the transfer to the Wharf at Lautoka for you. Have a wonderful trip.

Comments