3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 203% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Treasure Island Resort

Treasure Island

by sair23 about Treasure Island

Am not sure of the current prices. It's one of the smaller resort islands, with a fantastic community feel (many families both live and work on the island). There are lots of activities to do, and many day trips to neighbouring islands or mainland tours.

Accomodation Treasure Island Style

by scrooge1947

67 Beachfront private Bungalows(Bure) No TV, in fact one time we listened with the staff to a very poor quality radio to listen in the early hours of the morning to a rugby test match

Wonderful hospitality

by stevemt about Treasure Island

A wonderful island resort to stay at. very friendly staff, the drinks cart is taken round the beach a few times a day (great idea)

Everything is here, plenty to do,

Very family orientated

Great for older people as well The Staff

Treasure Island - a.k.a. Paradise

by geanster about Treasure Island Resort

We only spent a couple of days on this island and had such an amazing time. The water was crystal clear and perfect. The snorkeling was incredible, the kayaking was fun. You can walk around the entire island in about 10-15 minutes. There's a volleyball area, mini-golf course, private bure's all around the perimeter of the beach so that you have your own access to the beach. You can go out on boats to view the coral and to feed the fish. The food is nice and even the tide was cooperative. We went snorkeling on one day and stayed out there for hours enjoying ourselves. We went out the next day and the tide had went out leaving everything a good 6 or 7 feet closer to viewing, it was great!

The island of Treasure is a living sanctuary and protected marine reserve, you will see an abundance of aquatic and marine life in their natural habitat.

They also have a rare species of bird that can't fly called the Banded Rails...
The endangered flightless Banded Rail was introduced to Treasure Island 10 years ago. A shy secretive bird similar in nature to the quail has become very friendly to guests staying on Treasure. You will see these birds ducking in and out of the bushes outside your bure. The Banded Rail are now in abundance and have become very cheeky. In some cases they will hop right into your bure or take a splash in your foot-bath outside!

The have a Sea turtle pond and other neat characteristics which you can learn on my 2 Treasure Island Travelogues.

Relax the day away.

by TashieKitten about Treasure Island Resort

I day dream about returning to Treasure Island all the time. I fantasize that my husband will surprise me with tickets for our 10 year anniversary. (Six years to go...) It's such fantastically laid back place, its' hard not to think about it.

The staff is beyond wonderful: we had drinks (fruit punch...yummy yummy) in our hands before we were there for two minutes. They knew our names after two days and ALWAYS had smiles on their faces. They even invited us to play volleyball with them.

You can see other islands dotting the waters around Treasure so you don't feel completely isolated. But there are no modern distractions: TV, computers, phones. We were able to spend time with one another, one on one.

A typical day would involve waking up for breakfast (really early too, because of the time difference); we go scuba diving, come back and log our dives, have lunch, take a nap, snorkel all afternoon, walk over to the turtle pond, relax at our buré, get cleaned up and have dinner. EVERY DAY. I could not have been more relaxed! I went for an hour massage at the beauty salon. Many other beauty treatments were available but I'd never had a massage before and I have to say, it was DEVINE.

And considering that we are American, the exchange made it very very inexpensive; WAY less than we'd pay in the States.

Bula!

by TripAdvisor Member worldwidewannabe

After booking at a Backpackers Island with my best mate, for a girly escape week we got upgraded to Treasure Island due to the other island being closed for private use by a film company!
As soon as our boat arrived onto the shore at Treasure Island we were greeted by the friendliest people on the earth. Our whole experience was relaxing and we leart so much about the culture of the Fijian people. A midnight boat ride out to another island was the highlight of our trip, trying to manouver through coral reef in the middle of the night is so exciting. Thank you to our guides who got us to an island nightclub with people our age. Treasure Island is definately a family, and couple resort with so many activities for all ages.

Great little treasure on earth!

by TripAdvisor Member Tigerlilly2

Sorry I took so long to review on this , but as I was looking at other reviews on other fiji island resorts, as im planning to go to fiji again soon, I decided to feedback on Treasure Island while Im at it...
It is a beautiful, small, intimate island, with all the holiday essentials.. The bures were lovely... tastefully decorated, just a little small, but overall very decent.
The beach is divine, they kept it clean at all times, and the food was fab!... We especially enjoyed the seafood barbeque, which I think was at the time on a Wednesday night.. There is plenty of food, and the quality was very good.. The buffet breakfast was very fullfilling, and the cocktails well what can I say, theyre absolutely delicious!!.. a little bit on the pricey side, but I guess we dont go on holidays every day, so they were worth it!
We had a private dinner one night where we had a waitor to ourselves, and the food was served in a private spot overlooking the beach in the evening, away from the crowds, all alone..They have this one private area, which they keep specifically for the private booked dinners, which are one couple at a time...You can arrange that at the front desk..
The staff were very friendly, attentive and happy!.. The service was at times a little slow, but overall it is fiji, laid back and chilled is its moto!....
Would I go back??.. Yes offcourse I would, though I would also like to try some of the other islands as well.. and would like to see
something different, but it is in the cards for us to return to this little Treasure in the future!
Before we went we read quite a few negative reviews on trip advisor, I think perhaps quite a few people had the impession it was a 1st class island resort before they arrived, however I have to say one thing, NO it isnt a first class resort, it is a cosy, middle class comfortable resort, with all your requirements for a relaxing middle class holiday.... I agree it is a little pricey to stay in these bures, we paid about $360AUD per night for ours, but considering all bures are Oceanview , I dont think its alot to pay for such gorgeous views, and each bure has it own hammock right in front!..
The pre paid meal deals are a more economical way to go, the food does work out cheaper this way, we had all our meals paid in advance.. The island hopping tours are I have to say very expensive, we enquired about going to "Castaway island" for a day, and we were quoted about $430AUD for the family..for a return trip to the island with only 4 hours on the island, so we declined it..
Overall it is a beautiful island, with gorgeous beaches, and has good snorkelling areas..

Will Return

by TripAdvisor Member MarylandAvidTraveler

My husband and I honeymooned in Fiji in January '05. We stayed at a variety of places, island hopping and staying on the mainland. Of all 4 of the resorts we stayed at, we loved Treasure Island the most and plan to return again.

Every bure (room) is oceanfront, offers incredible privacy, and gives you the feeling of having your own private beach; which, you essentially do. Each bure has its own hammock and walkway to the beach, where you also have your own umbrella and chaises to lounge on. On the way to the beach are fresh-water, outdoor showers, in the event that you want to rinse off before going back inside your bure.

As to seaweed, we never saw any on the beach - ever. Nor were the beaches ever crowded; at most we saw 4 our 5 people down the beach at any given time. And the sunset cocktail hours on the beach every night were something to remember! Best sunsets anywhere.

Treasure Island Resort - Part I

by geanster

Here we are at Port Denerau in front of the boat that will take us to Treasure Island. Actually, it goes towards the beachcomber and then in between the two islands, another boat comes out and meets us to transport us on.

Beachcomber Island seems to be a younger destination and appeared to be much more crowded for it's size. We walked around our island which was bigger than it in about 10 minutes to give you an idea.

The kayaking was super enjoyable as was the snorkeling which you can see more of by visiting my Snorkeling at Treasure Island Travelogue.

We realized that if we held bread in our hands, tons of these small fish would come nibble them out of our hands.

I thought I'd slept maybe 5 minutes only to learn that there had been plenty of time for my friends to go and retrieve camera's, take photos, and go on with their beach activities with no suspicion from myself. You can see our bure behind me.

The hammocks were in a horrible state of disrepair. Tony had to hang on sideways in his at a wierd angle to "relax." But of course what would a "typical paradise vacation" be without the lounging in the hammocks. :)

There was a live band and these singers performing during dinner. There was also an international crab race following.

Treasure Island - Part II

by geanster

These were the turles they had in a special pond on the island. The children in the kids clubs would come and feed them as an activity.

Hawks Bill Sea Turtles
An endangered species, the Green Sea Turtle are bred in captivity on Treasure Island and are housed in a Turtle Pond for a period of 12 months to protect them from natural predators. Treasure Island and the local Fisheries Department have a program to protect these species, and when they are mature enough to survive in the wild, they are tagged and released. The turtles lay eggs only every three years.

In early March 2002, a very surprised guest in Bure 56 reported seeing 200 recently hatched baby turtles making their way across the front of their bure towards the beach!

This man was our welcome to Treasure Island as well as the last person we saw as we were boated away.

My first taste on Treasure IslandMy first taste on Treasure Island

Treasure Island Package...Good or Bad?

by FleurFox

Hi!

I have found a package deal through Qantas for a 6 nights stay at Treasure Island Resort.
Has anyone stayed there before?

Just wanted an opinion on this place.

Thanks :-)

Re: Treasure Island Package...Good or Bad?

by stevemt

I had no complaints on Treasure Island when I stayed there. Actually, I stayed there on the recomendation of some friends who are Fiji nationals.

Re: Treasure Island Package...Good or Bad?

by FleurFox

Thanks Steve.
We were looking at a package deal, but didn't look at the fine print and it is not available when we want to travel!
We are still going though and Treasure Island is high on the list!

Thanks Again.

Weddings/holidays on Treasure Island...experiences?

by Surferchic

My fiance and I are planning to marry in the seaside chapel on Treasure Island next April, with close family and friends, and then honeymoon on Matangi.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has been to either island...and especially anyone who has actually had a Fijian wedding.

Cheers!

Emma.

weddings in fiji

by Sarahmac13

Emma,

There is a great site about fiji with information on fijian weddings - my friends got married there not that long ago - you can have a look at it at www.fijibure.com

Sarah

Re: weddings in fiji

by Surferchic

Thanks so much for that Sarah.

Must do's in Fiji

by gripdxd

Hi looking to make a trip to Fiji one day and wanted to know where I should go exactly. I know there are many islands, what should not be missed! Also what's cool?

by galy

Nadi, is a good place to start your trips to the smaller islands. A day in a corral island is a great experience

Re: Re: Must do's in Fiji

by scrooge1947

You should also go to an Island I have been to Fiji 3 times and u will enjoy, twice I went to Treasure Island, but for the youngrer people (which I am not) look at Castaway Island, it is opp Treasure, u would have a ball, spend also a few days on the mainland.

by galy

Malamala Island, jetboat ride, sleeping giant garden

by geanster

I'd agree about Treasure Island, I had an amazing time there and can't wait to go back, but as the other person mentioned, it is a calmer place. I think the Beachcomber which is across from Treasure is a hip-happening spot for the younger folks. I've got a load of photos and tips on my fiji page, hope it helps!

by travelbugkim

Hi,
You must stay at Namatakula village on the coral coast, just 15 mins from the Warwick Hotel. For all the magnificent food and hospitality and lodgings, only $60 per person per day. You will be treated to an appreciation of village life in all of its many facets. We booked through www.fijibure.com. Great site. Its a life experience not to be missed and only a new concept for travellers as well.
Kim

by travelbugkim

Hi,
Just want to tell the whole world about our traditional village stay at Namatakula village on the coral coast of Viti Levu. Unbelievable value and hospitality. What a cultural exchange. Much better than resorts. Everything included for only $60 per day, food as well!!! We have made lifelong friendships and going back in November again. We booked through www.fijibure.com. You won't want to leave.
Kim