Coral Coast, Viti Levu Island, , Fiji

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 53% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Nadi

Fijian LandscapingFijian Landscaping

The friendly airlineThe friendly airline

Chris with the staffChris with the staff

Pacific Air

by darlaf

Hi,
Coming to Australia in Feb and was thinking about stoping in Fiji-found a cheap flight from the States but have never heard of this airline-Pacific Air-has anyone flow it? Decent planes, TV screens on back of seats, on time? Thanks for your responses-Darla

by stevemt

Air Pacific is the flagship of Fiji.

I have flown them and found them great.

The locals call it Air Pathetic, but that is not true.

The service is great, The planes I believe are leased, but all and all, a reasonable airline to fly.

by Marianne2

I am not too enamored of Pacific Air, and have flown them a number of times. Once, I got stuck in Fiji for 3 days because they claimed their 747 to LAX was overloaded, and a bunch of passengers were denied boarding. I had to pay for an additional several nights' hotel near the airport, and they wouldn't pay for a thing. Their check-in counter service at Nadi I have found to be bad, and unless something has changed, that old airport has no A/C in the check-in area, and you just swelter while waiting in long lines. However, once on board, the service is OK, and the food is the same as any other airline if you are flying economy. I'd say, that if you found a good deal cost-wise to Australia with them, to take it, as Qantas is going to be much more expensive, I think. There were no individual TV screens, but these airlines change their planes, so it might be a reality. If so, they'd advertise it on their website. Good luck in your decision!

by aYankinSyd

You do like your TV viewing eh? I don't know much about Pacific Air, but I do know United Airlines is not the way to go in that case as they only have the big screens on their 747s which are hard to view if you're not in a good seat.

What about Hawaiian Airlines with a stop in Honolulu? I can't speak about their service, but another option you can explore.

Happy travels

by FletteMette

Might want to check http://www.airlinequality.com/ - they've got loads of reviews of most airlines.

by dragoneer

Air Pacific leases all its planes from Qantas so you'll be pretty safe. Dont know about TVs on the backs of seats, but the staff are usually obliging

by glenlan64

We flew Air Pacific in December 2008(to Nadi) and January 2009 (from Nadi). The service was really good - there are screens in the back of all seats and all food/drink is included. No problems except our flight was delayed by about an hour leaving Nadi - but hey, it's Fiji time right! Enjoy - have a safe trip.

by craftyweasel

I have flown Air Pacific just recently and had no problems at all. the staff were very friendly and everything went well. If you want somewhere cheap to stay in Fiji have a look at http://www.fijihomestays.com meet the real Fijian people in a Fijian Village...a experience you will never forget.

Travel Tips for Nadi

Noisy birds

by kyoub

You will see sugar cane growing all around Fiji. The hot,dry climate is well suited for growing it here. You will also see many Fiji Indians, most of which are descendents of fourth generation labourers brought here years ago to work these fields. The Indian mynah was also introduced in the late 19th century to feed on sugar cane pests. They are aggressive, intelligent and noisy, and can be seen throughout Fiji.

Warm greetings

by kyoub

"Paradise"

As I stepped off the plane, into the warm night air, in Nandi,Fiji, I could feel my heart pounding with the excitement of being there. Soon we were greeted my the native people with their big smiles and Bula greeting, I thought we had landed in paradise.
Nandi is where the International Airport is located. We planned to stay for just a couple of night before going out to an island in the Yasawa's.
All plans are made to be broken, especially when you arrive on a tropical island during cyclone season.

"When to go."

The dry season in Fiji is from May to October. This is a good time to go becacuse of the low amount of rainfall and cooler temperatures.
Of course, the end of the year is very busy with it being the holiday season. If you live where the winters are cold and you are ready to get away to some warm place for a week or so, February and March seem like a good idea. During those months there are discounts on accommodations and the island is less crowded. There is a risk of tropical cyclones at that time. I mentioned that to my husband and his reply was " What's the chances?"

"Surprise"

Our fist day in Fiji , we picked up a newspaper. The headlines were CYCLONE GAVIN headed for Viti Levu.
We still were in denial and thought it could turn before reaching Nandi.
Our second morning there we were told that we were being moved into town, away from the bay, just in case.
The following letter was given to us at the hotel when we arrived!
Like they say the rest is history.

Comments