Likori Island, PO Box 2850, Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Robinson Crusoe Island Resort

A Fijian Experience

by navarrokl about Robinson Crusoe Island

The staff were amazingly friendly and the food was amazingly good. This Australian owned Fijian run resort was a eco-tourism resort, therefore it had "bucket" showers to conserve water... but they were really great showers compared to some of the Fijian owned resorts my travel buddy and I stayed at.

This small little island was beautiful and easily walked around in less than an hour.

Stay over night and you won't regret it!! The staff really make you feel like you're one of the family. Hell, one of the staff cut open a coconut and poured rum into it for my travel partner just because he wanted to try it! Eco-friendly
Taught native ways of living (we even pealed coconuts, make coconut jewelry, learned a unique way to fish)
Most beautiful island within less than a day of Nadi!

Going to an island in your private seaplane

by paradisedreamer

A great way to spend the day and get a feel for the Fijian way of life. See my travelogue for pics of our day on Robinson Crusoe Island. The views of the Reef are fantastic and gives you a great perspective.

Robinson Crusoe Island

by ognini

"View from Robinson Crusoe Island"

"Lunch in the Lovo Pit"

A lovo is an oven in the ground where meat is cooked to perfection!

"Pealing Coconuts with TEETH"

"FIREWALKER!"

He's standing barefoot on top of the lovo pit!

"Dancers"

The dancers really know how to put on a show and eventually got the whole audience to participate. They are loads of fun and great entertainers.

Robinson Crusoe Island

by paradisedreamer

A warm welcome to the island

The best way to get around. this was our first time in a sea plane and I can highly recommend it. We booked it through our hotel and I don't remember it being too extravagantly expensive

My first view of a reef from the air.

What a way to spend the day!

I wish I was so agile I could shimmy up a palm tree in seconds to collect cocunuts!

Fiji

by s.lecompte

Oh man...

Fiji was an absolute blast !
I reckon I was drunk every single night.
Amazing people, amazing scenery, and kava.
I brought something profane, like 1000g of kava back to Canada with me, and eight months later am still using it.

Most of the hostels and backpacker resorts here include three meals daily, and multiple activites within their prices.
Then again, most of my time was spent on the smaller, isolated islands surrounding Viti Levu.

One place I specifically recommend is Robinson Crusoe Island.
I avoided staying in 25-bed dorms by opting to camp. A wise decision it was.
After nearly a week here, I was climbing palm trees, spearfishing like a pro. This place holds many of my best memories. As soon as I can afford the airfare, I'm heading back to Fiji specifically to return to Robinson Crusoe Island.

Some of the Yasawas are pretty cool.
Beachcomber Island, with the sand-floored night club, and 85-bed dorm, was a riot.
South Sea Island, which took me literally 90 seconds to circumnavigate, was relaxing.

There is plenty to do and see on the main islands (Viti Levu, Vanua Levu), but for chilling and getting ripped off kava, choose the smaller, outlying islands.

Main Beach, Robinson Crusoe IslandMain Beach, Robinson Crusoe Island

Enjoying Fiji time on Robinson Crusoe Island.Enjoying Fiji time on Robinson Crusoe Island.

Robinson Crusoe Island?

by sfaithj

I've done some research online and am needing a little assistance. Has anyone been to Robinson Crusoe Island and stayed at the Resort there? I'd love the feedback if you have.

What I'm looking for in my Fiji Holiday is: some nightlife although I don't want to be on a crowded island such as Beachcomber Island, to eat good cheap or moderately priced food, snorkel the fringing coral reefs, relax on a beautiful beach, learn about Fijian culture and not pay too much for my accomodations (although I don't want to 'rough it').

Based on what I'm looking for, is Robinson Crusoe the best island for me to stay at or should I be staying at another island?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Sara

RE: Robinson Crusoe Island?

by Frontpacker

In fact there is no nightlife in Fiji, there r some discos n nightclubs in Suva, Nadi, Labasa etc. Nightlife in hostels is more or less limited 2 drink some Kava or beers in the restaurant.

If you want some fijian culture you should get on a boat and visit some outer islands, but you will need some time 2 reach them...

Taveuni is good for diving, Kadavu better for snorkeling.

Savusavu is a great place for a stop while traveling on the coral coast - don`t let the first look on the market scare you... it`s a small, nice & friendly town, get some real good food in the shops on the market or some sweet corn in front of it, chicken/ fish & chips 1,75 F$...buy some beers in the supermarket and store them in the fridge when u go to a hostel that has a backpacker kitchen...saves u lotta money ;)

RE: Robinson Crusoe Island?

by maxmax89

I stayed there in 2003, lots of tents to rent or bures or dorm. Lots of young travellers around 18 -30 yrs. cool island with activities, night fishing etc
generator power is switched off at midnight, but you can buy beer etc and go with a large group for a bonfire / guitar session on the other side of the island under the stars

I liked it and had fun. About 80 singles staying there at that time

robinson crusoe's sailing adventure?

by mooner05

Has anyone done the sailing adventure offered by Robinson Crusoe's Island resort? It is a fairly new package, and I'd love to try it but I'd like to hear reviews first.

Thanks!

Re: robinson crusoe's sailing adventure?

by Jdelapaz

It's a wonderful sailing trip !
It starts from Valparaíso and it takes 3 days to get there.
It's for groups of 6, and you must be aware of the season ( from the end of october till march).
Booking has to be done at least 3 months in advance.
If you don't get seasick and you can afford it, it's a great trip.
Please e mail us if you are interested, we can help you.
gerencia@cultourachile.cl
Good wind !
Juanita

Tubakula or Tambua? How about the Highlands?

by rscanlan

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are heading to Fiji in May and thought we'd start the trip by staying on the Coral Coast the first couple of nights. We're looking for a private room/bure in a casual and fun place. Prefer a place with people in their 20s and 30s and not a lot of kids. Nice beach is key. Would you recommend Tubakula or Tambua Sands Resort? How about a day on Robinson Crusoe island?

Thought we'd also take a trip into the Highlands while in the area. Can anyone recommend a tour operator? Would like a day-long adventure tour, so if you have a specific tour, please advise.

Thanks so much!

Re: Tubakula or Tambua? How about the Highlands?

by Kerikiwi

Kia ora
I have stayed at Tubakula a few times. It is downmarket but what I consider quite adequate. I'm not sure how you define "nice beach", but I liked it because the lagoon was so accessible. The bures are 2 story and sleep 5 or 6, from memory. No a/c, just fans. They also have basic self catering facilities, as well as putting on a buffet feast once a week. Easy to take the bus into Sigatoka, for shopping and as a jumping off point for upriver expeditions. No in-house entertainment, but there's a resort (the name has escaped me!) a 10 minute stroll along the road or beach where you can drink, dine and mingle if it takes your fancy.

Re: Re: Tubakula or Tambua? How about the Highlands?

by rscanlan

Thanks for your insight. It's very helpful. It looks like a nice budget place, so I think we'll crash there our first couple days in Fiji. As you pointed out, one of the draws is that it's a good jumping off point for the Coral Coast.

Do you recall if it's possible to book some activities through the folks at Tubakula (river trips, etc.)?

Thanks again, Rebecca