Sheraton Fiji Resort Nadi

Sheraton.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 57% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Bula Bula!!!

We stayed at Sheraton Fiji Resort for my dad's 60th birthday and all 16 of us had an awesome time. I highly recommend the Sheraton, a family friendly resort. The rooms were clean and spacious, staff extremely friendly, always got service with a smile. The activities coordinator Elie was also great with the kids. Highly recommend you include breakfast in your package, you won’t be disappointed. I can still taste the sweet succulent paw paw... Venture down to Port Denarau Marina, a short distance away, for dinner, good value for money, great atmosphere and live music. I tried the best ever chicken burrito at Lulu's. A Von Tower a must. Accept you're on Fijian time and you won't be disappointed. Bula!

Unique Quality: Family friendly. Clean accommodation. Service with a smile, always! Can make your holiday as action packed or as laid back as you wish.

More about Sheraton Fiji Resort Nadi

Getting Married?

by Dodo22 about Wedding Chapel, Sheraton Fiji Resort

I personally haven't been married in this chapel, but we were most impressed. Its on the beach in between the Sheraton Fiji Resort and Sheraton Denarau Villas and has an amazing view, gorgeous atmosphere and feel.

Fiji in style

by Dodo22 about Sheraton Royal Denerau

If you feel like treating yourself, you can't go past the Sheraton Royal on Denerau Island (not really an island at all as its reclaimed swampland just outside of Nadi) The Royal is one of 3 in the Sheraton complex (the others being the Sheraton Fiji and Denerau Villas. We liked the Royal as it was more traditional in feel. It has a lovely pool and great views from the restaurant. There's heaps of activities if you want - kayaking, hobie cat sailing, trips to their own private island just offshore or you can laze around the pool and be waited on!!!

To be renamed Westin when refurbishment complete.

by Cabernetman about Sheraton Royal Denarau

The pool was far from finished despite claims from the Starwood group website that the pool would be completed by late Oct. Generally the construction was not ideal but it was not as bad as I expected. For an up to date refurbishment progress visit the website below. Password is fiji.

Sheraton Fiji group resorts is basically made up of 3 adjoining resorts. Sheraton Royal Denarau (aka Royal), then Sheraton Denarau Villas (aka Villas) and at the very end Sheraton Fiji (Fiji). All these resorts normally have their own pool. Fiji & Royal also have their own restaurants except Villas. Being sandwiched between Fiji & Royal, Villa guest have to walk to either Royal or Fiji for restaurants. All Sheraton guest can use any of the facilities of the 3 resorts. The resorts, although huge, is only about a 10min walk from one end to the other. In addition, there is a Bula bus every 5 mins ferrying guest and staff between these 3 resorts.

We arrived at night and was well received by a bell captain set up by the carpark as the driveway to the reception area was still under construction. Our bags were taken up to our room. Like everywhere in Fiji, no tipping was expected.

We experienced “Fiji Time” (slackers) first hand at the Royal Denarau. There were no folders in our room that contain, the extension numbers of the front desk, room service, menu etc. We wanted room service so we requested one from the operator, room service, maid service and security. Trying to circumvent the plague of “Fiji Time” I even walked to reception to get one but I was told, one will be sent to your room. We never got our folder in our entire 3 day stay. King prawn salad with asian dressing by Fiji pool was great.

Sheraton Fiji has some nice shopping. Jack’s Handicraft is popular and very reasonably priced. We shopped at Jack’s on the last day charged it to our room and had it delivered to reception where we picked up when we checked out. A very convenient way of shopping. The breakfast buffet restaurants are one of the best I have ever seen. A very wide array of continental and American cooked breakfast. There is even an “Omelette Station” where 2 chefs are constantly cooking eggs/omelette to guest specifications. Even the breakfast varies, one morning there was salmon, and the next grilled bananas. Royal has an air-conditioned section, Fiji’s breakfast is at the Verandah which can be hot at times with the skylight above in the fringes.

Our new reburbished Westin rooms are fabulous with large screen flat panel LCD TV and a 2 channel Bose DVD sound system with sub-woofer. The Bose DVD will only accept DVD’s from Region or Zone 4. We stayed at Room 437 (Block 4) which had a full Ocean View room and was further away from the construction. It was also a 5 min walk to the Villa pools but only a 1 min walk to the Royal pools (under construction). The beds are very comfortable, twin basins, vanity mirror and shaving mirror. In addition to the bath soaps, shower caps and shampoo, you will also get a sewing kit and detergent. The beds are made up twice a day, and they will leave a flower or mint on the second turnover.

The pools are nice. Fiji pools are very shallow. Villa pools are our favourite. It is landscaped with a swim up poolside bar. Behind a BBQ operates from 12-3 pm serving simple snacks for under F$20. Non alcoholic cocktails are about F$8 and the alcoholic ones are about F$15. The lagoon pool is designed to look natural and curves around a couple of large rocks. The gradual recess makes it look like the edge of a sandy beach. The only deep end being the infinity end, the only straight edge. Many deck chairs will dot around the pool. Throughout the resort you will also find many private deck chairs and hammocks along the beach.

The beach is not bad, but like most of Denarau, it will not have that clear white sandy coral sand common in the outer islands.

luxury and romantic

by anne1111 about sheraton fiji resort

beautiful resort, greate rooms, good service, friendly people...i would go back directly very good diving school, private island, very good food

stepping stone to the islands

by TripAdvisor Member legendjohn

My wife and I have recently had the pleasure of staying at Sheraton Fiji resort as a stepping stone to the outer islands.
We booked online with ---.com and got a reasonable rate. $250AUD. This entitled us to an oceanview room, which I might add is more like an ocean glimpse, but the room was very nice anyway. At check in we were welcomed with a refreshing drink in typical style by Fijian hosts, very nice feeling.
The reception was a little slow but to our advantage as our room wasn't ready we were upgraded to an ocean front room, (request one of these at check in) we were in a magnificently refurbished room facing the ocean with some of the most wonderful sunsets you could possibly imagine. The king sized bed, with the most comfortable mattress and pillows equal to anywhere we have travelled, and ice cold air conditioning, it made staying in our room with such magnificent views almost a great deal on its own. Nothing was too much bother for the staff and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay for two days before we visited Treasure Island and for two days after. We tried restaurants in all the resorts on Denarau Island and whilst most were adequate only the Hilton was in the wow category. Our meals at Sheraton Fiji were well presented and prepared and represented good value.

Loved the Sheraton!

by TripAdvisor Member Gerhardina

We have just returned from 10 nights in Fiji, the first 2 of which were spent at the Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau. We also obtained a A$190 Wotif rate and were very happy with almost everything at the Sheraton. I think some people's expectations must just be way too high, or perhaps priorities are different. Although the Sheraton Rooms are a little dated they offer lovely views and a large bathroom, with heaps of water pressure for the shower! My only complaint would be that we had guests above us who were making a lot of noise and keeping us awake at around 1.45 a.m. in the morning. The other thing was we thought tennis would be included in the rate but was an extra f$20 per hour. The breakfasts were the best we had in Fiji, the views of the mainland and surrounding islands were lovely. The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. The ambience we felt was a lot better than at the Westin which although beautifully refurbished had barely any people there and the neighbouring Soffitel which from outside appearances seemed quite sterile. Although we wouldn't probably stay more than a few nights here, it seemed the best place available out of the denarau accommodation. There were very few mosquitos when we were there, only sandflies which were more obvious when dinining on the beach sand area. The staff were more than happy to offer spray if required. The food and cocktails however, were not as good as at Hideaway Resort, where we spent a further 5 nights. My husband and I think the lower rated reviews are unwarranted and unfair.

I would stay here again

We spent 10 nights at Sheraton Fiji Resort and had a great time. We booked via "wotif[--]" and got an oceanfront room for $190 (AUS) per night including full buffet breakfast. The rooms are not 4 star (more like 3star) but they are clean and all have great views & private balcony/porch. The staff are really friendly, one of the gardeners would bring us coconuts each day. Yes the restaurants are pricey however if you are a member of the sheraton group you get one meal for free if you present your card. Otherwise you can catch a taxi to Nadi and buy groceries. I would prefer to stay at this resort rather than the Denarau Villas or the Westin, apart from the fact that it's alot more expensive, at those resorts you may well end up with a room facing the road or with no views whatsoever. We would definitely stay here again.

3 star accomodation

by TripAdvisor Member kate19507

We booked and paid for a renovated sea view room. On arrival we were given a room with no sea view and the musty mouldy smell nearly knocked us over. The reception said that the room just hadn't been used for a day or two. Sorry !!!! It would have been near impossible to sleep in such a room. We complained strongly and were given a sea view room. Even though we were paying for a renovated room there are NO RENOVATED rooms in this hotel.. Our room had lights that didn't work, bedside lamp held together with tape, a mildew stained stool and chipped tables.The rooms are clean and basic very 3 star NOT 4 star or above. As a Sheriton preferred guest I don't know what if any special services we received! The saving grace are the staff around the resort who are charming.I would not go back until the hotel had been totally renovated. Renovations are ongoing at what is now the Westin. The villas new salt lagoon is incomplete. Book into the Sofitel instead.

Very very disaapointing!

by TripAdvisor Member HeritageExperience

I wondered if the last reviewer and I were staying at the same place! We have just returned from nine nights at the resort through a wot.if(--) rate of A$190.00 and we were allocated a terrible room, it was filthy when we arrived the toilet had not even been cleaned from the last guest, mouldy bath and bath fittings and dirty bathroom floors and sink area., We complained and the room was cleaned up no attempt was made to move us to another room they said the resort was full! I agree meals are expensive but you expect that from these type of resorts. The main problem is that the resort is dirty...cigarette butts, plastic bags and rubbish not picked up.......If you are going to the resort ask to stay in blocks 4/5/6/ not 1/ 2 as we were, this is a cleaner and lovely side to the resort as The Wedding Chapel is here and they have at least 2 weddings a day so ther area has to look nice......also demand a view of the sea as this is what it sais you are getting on wotif(--)........otherwise the breakfasts are good and can last you all day. There is also a big problem with mosquitos so be warned take precuations with you. I love Fiji it had been about my 10th stay and about my 5th at the Sheraton Resort -never again......it is such a shame that this resort has gone this way, with lack maintenance and lack of quality management. The staff were lovely but need direction and it all reflects from the management style of this resort. Sheraton should be ashamed to call this resort 5 star.

Sheraton Fiji

by lovingagoodholiday

"Holiday break"

This is our second time at the Sheraton Fiji and although there are probably newer resorts on Denaru, we always seem to come back to this one.
If you are expecting white sand and clear blue water (the sand is volcanic so has a grey tinge), please don't come here - but if you want the most friendly of staff, the best food and cocktails and just relaxtion at its best; please, do yourself a favour and come the the Sheraton.
The rooms are getting a little dated now, but I'm hoping they will be upgraded soon - but having a bucket of prawns on the beach at sunset, with a bottle of lovely wine is just such a great experience.

Sunset at Sheraton FijiSunset at Sheraton Fiji

Mainland Or Island

by Kir11n

Hi, My husband and I are travelling to Fiji in October.
At the moment we are deciding between the Sheraton Fiji Resort or the Sheraton Denarau villas or staying at the Plantation Resort.

We have not heard many good reviews for the Sheraton Fiji but have been told that the Villas have been refurbished and are quite nice.

Can anyone please offer any suggestions about any of these places.

As we have not travelled to Fiji before, we are still not quite sure about staying on Mainland near Nadi (hence the Sheratons) or staying on an Island.

Any Suggestions or Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

by worldtrekker

If you are looking to experience some of the amazing beaches in Fiji, you won't find them near Nadi. I was there in 1994 and changed my plans once I got there. For beaches, Nadi is disappointing. The beaches are more like mud flats from what I remember... I was on a budget then and decided to go to Beachcomber Island since there was a hostel. The island is so small that you can walk around the entire island in 10 minutes. They also had some bungalows there. But based on your looking at Sheraton's there are other islands that would offer more of what you are looking for. Sorry I can't recommend any specifically... In any case, I would go to one of the other islands.

by shully123

I would stay away from Plantation island unless you've got kids. It is a budget property and is full of families. The beach is nice when the tide is in, when it's out the beach is icky.

Staying on the main island you will find that the beaches are not the azure blue waters you may be seeking. Sheraton is nice, of course, but truthfully I would suggest getting off the main island.

Try Matamanoa, Castaway, Nanuya Island. Hope this helps~

sunny regards,
shully

by DHT1000

Stay on an island. Its more fun! You can stay at a Sheraton (and be sold a timeshare) anywhere -- but you can't always stay in a Fijian bure.

by Fijifan

The islands every time. You can stay at an hotel anywhere in the world. The Sheraton is Ok but why go to Fiji and stay in a hotel? The atmospher on the islands is totally different. We have been travelling to Fiji for over 22 years (since our honeymoon)and can't get away from the main island quick enough.It is hotter, rains more, so humid and there are no offshore reefs to snorkel at Denarau where the Sheraton is. Matamanoa, Castaway and Nanuya Island Resorts would be my recommendations. Laid back, beautiful beaches, no crowds, good food, warm water to swim in - heaven!!

Comments