Travellers Beach Resort

Whales Tale - August 2007Whales Tale - August 2007

T-shirtT-shirt

Snorkeling

by jagvt

I will soon be in Nadi for 3 days only :(. I am interested in finding out if there are any good snorkeling places on nadi itself

by Vicki-Maree

Do you mean you will be staying in Nadi for the three days or will you travel out to a resort? Nadi doesn't have a whole lot to do but with a short trip to one of the resorts you can snorkel, swim, fish or just relax.We stayed at Shangri-la and it was lovely.

by avalon8

I am also going to fiji for three days in February and wondering about snorkeling spots. I am staying on denarau island, planning to do a day trip to one of the mamanucas, but which is the best island for snorkeling? Any advice would be great! Thanks

by Vicki-Maree

Most of the islands offer reasonable snorkelling, we found the best was just off the beach where we were staying, around the rocks. Check with your resort and they will suggest the best areas for you. Have a wondeful time, it's hard not to.

Travel Tips for Nadi

Preparing kava

by csarah

To prepare kava: 1. Take the roots from the pepperplant. 2. Clean it. 3. Crush it untill it turns into powder. 4. Put the kavapowder in a fine towel and poor some water in the towel while kneading. 5. Collect the juice in a bowl.

Dinner with a local family

by csarah

I was in the South Pacific to do the field work for my thesis. So every opportunity I was offered to join the locals and to have a look inside their lives and experience it from close, I took eagerly. This time my taxidriver invited me to have dinner with his family. We had dinner on the ground, his wife had to put her nicest dress on and the taxidriver only ate after I had finished my meal. I was really impressed by their hospitality.

The taxidriver Charlie, invited some neighbours to drink some kava, a local drink, but all did not eat because I was there. They told me it was a real party to have a guest at their house so they were happy not to eat at all. Again I felt very small at this point and was really impressed by their kindness and openess towards strangers. Something we in the West could learn from.

The children were all so cute, I wondered what will become of them, will they finish school or go to high school or university one day like we do, I doubt it ..

Comments