Warwick Fiji

Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Bula Fiji

My family went stayed at The Warwick in March 2012 for the first time and can't wait to go back in Marck 2013. The staff we friendly and helpful, the food was amazing and the 'barman's special' was a treat everyday. My Mr4 loved kids club with Tila, snorkling and kayaking. My husband and I participated in many of the resorts activities including the burial and unearthing of the lovo (traditionally Fijian way of cooking), pool volleyball, touch football, mini golf, watching a coconut tree climb, basket weaving and coconut cooking demonstration. We also visited the local primary school on morning (if you can take something to donate - money, pencils, lollies). The school visit was a highlight of my trip and I will definitely go again if it is still offered next year. The activities staff were brilliant and kept as entertained for our entire stay. If we were tired of lazy by the pool or snorkling, we just found Corey and he would take us on a mini adventure. At night there was plenty of entertainment after dinner. There was Polynesian dancers a few nights and fire walkers another. Zac, one of the younger activities staff members, entertained the children all day and after dinner there was an activity everynight - crab races, discos, egg races - he has left his mark on my son. The facilities were well maintained and the gardens and beach were beautiful.

Unique Quality: There were so many beautiful spots around the resort. I enjoyed waking up around 5:30 every morning to sneak out and watch the sunrise from the bure at the end of one of the piers in the middle of the lagoon. My husband's favourite spot was probably watching the sunset from the Sunset Bar everynight before dinner. And my son's favourite thing was kids club. Everyday we would attempt to convince him to hang out with us but he asked to go to kids club first. It is only open between 9:00 and 12:00 and then again after lunch from 1:30 until 4:00 so we ate lunch together everyday and had a swim or game of minigolf between sessions but we usually picked him up around 3 so we could snorkle before dinner. Great resort for every age.

• Family friendly on the Coral Coast

We took the whole family and had a great time. The children had plenty to do as did the adults. We found that having the meal package was truly excessive. Breakfast was huge and we rarely had lunch. The theme night dinners were great. If you just go for a breakfast included package it frees you up to go into Sigatoka for a meal if you want something different or get a driver for the day (very cheap) and go off and explore other places. Would recomment this resort for a great family holiday. Get the girls that clean your room to take your laundry and pay them privately, much cheaper than through the resort and they do a great job. It all comes back clean and ironed beautifully.

Unique Quality: Great Pools, excellent seafood restaurant, very clean rooms and very friendly staff. Ice machines on each floor for your drinks.

Directions: North of Sigatoka on the way to Suva. Coral Coast.

• All Inclusive is the Only Way to Go

This place is fantastic. I have stayed twice and am heading back again next month. Take the all inclusive (food, drink and activities included) package for a totally relaxing holiday. You don't have to worry about your bill at the end of the holiday. Make sure you eat at the Wicked Walu seafood restaurant. The food and the setting are both sensational. The staff here are super friendly. Can't wait to get back.

Directions: Coral Coast. Get a private transfer from the airport. The bus stops at every hotel alonh the way.

More about Warwick Fiji

the Warwick Fiji

by scrooge1947

The Warwick is situated on the coral coast, it has 250rooms and is aprox 1i/2 hrs from Nadi International Airport It has tennis courts,gymnasium,6 hole golf course,swimming pool,horseriding,squash, canoeing,snorkelling,scuba diving, fishing and we also played table tennis and beach volley ball.

The Warwick Fiji

by Jez79 about The Warwick Fiji

Mountain View F$286.00
Ocean View F$319.00
Warwick Club F$450.00
Suites F$600.00 Great facilities - snorkelling, kayaking, use of gym, introductory scuba lesson all included. Also has mini gold course, tennis courts, five restaurants, two pools, spa, scuba diving, horse riding, cultural events and numerous tours.

The food is absolutely fantastic, though not good for the budget traveller. The Wicked Walu restaurant, out on the water, is a highlight. The Walu steak is a must.

best service on the island

by krisssi about Warwick Fiji Resort and Spa

I truly believe that the Warwick must be one of the finest resorts on the Coral Coast. I would recommend this little heaven on earth for numerous reasons..the staff must be the friendliest people on earth. aLWAYS AT BECK AND CALL AND WITH A BEAUTIFUL SMILE . The ammenities are numerous and well planned out. There are wellness centres, horse riding, snorkelling, sports activities on and off the beach, in and out of the pool. The rooms are a good size , with a beautiful view no matter which side of the resort you are on, The children are well lookes after whilst parents are tanning by the pool or beach sipping their long cool drinks. There is a choice of.... Italian, Japanese, buffet , barbecue or fresh fish at the Whacky Wahoo on the premises of the resort. The service is amazing. The most friendliest, warmest people on this planet that I have ever met. The Coral Coast and the unique sea creatures found in it. Snorkelling in the crystal clear waters of the Coral Coast. The weather, the people, the coctails...

Fiji paradise

by Tayto about Warwick Hotel Fiji

The Warwick hotel in FIji is about an hour and half drive from Nadi Airport (close to Capital Nadi). It is an excellent hotel with 2 pools, 4 restaurants and great amenities such as snorkling, paddle boats, tennis etc. It is perhaps a little in need of re-decoration but is nonetheless a nice hotel. The people of Fiji are very friendly and nowhere more so than in this hotel. You are always greeted with a Bula (helllo) and a very broad smile. I would definitely recommend it.

There is a lovely bay where you can swim and snorkel safely (the equipment is free) and it is truely a paradise feel. Right down to the hammock slung between two coconut trees on the beach.

Unfortunately I did not get to stay too long in Fiji only 3 nights and this meant not getting a chance to explore the islands. But Fiji is a place where you should relacx and take it easy. So if you get there relax and enjoy it. The sunsets...see photo

Best Holiday Ever!!!

by TripAdvisor Member JW85

Bula!
I stayed with three friends at the Warwick and we could not have chosen a better resort!! You could not find better service, views, activities, resources, food variety and people anywhere else! I have travelled extensively throughout the world and honestly believe that the Warwick is one of the best!

We were welcomed by all staff and locals as though we were already great friends, staff made great suggestions as to where to go and what to do, the activities crew were awesome, including all guest in all activities (volleyball, water polo, frog and crab races, karaoke, limbo....everything!!

I have to encourage everyone to go on the Jet Ski Tour around Beqa Island (Firewalking tribes island). We were on the jet ski's for 4hrs and travelled all around the island.

I recommend the Warwick Fiji 110% to everyone. Whether you want a relaxing or active holiday - the Warwick is the place to be. I cannot speak more highly of any other place in the world!

Thanks to everyone at the Warwick for your excellent hospitality!

Vinaka
Morthay

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member SnappySarzie

CHECK IN/CHECK OUT: In typical "fiji time" it took us about an hour to get checked in and taken to our room etc.

After waiting at Nadi for about 40 mins for our driver (the bus we were meant to catch from Nadi had broken down, or something, so we were told that we were getting picked up by a local who drives around to all the resorts) and then the 1.5 hours drive to Warwick Resort, we just wanted to get into our room have a shower and unwind. It wasn't to be though, but the staff seemed friendly and gave us a free drink on arrival.

Checking out was the same, although due to a fault with the plane in Sydney and massive delays (the flight time kept being put back) the staff gave us our room back for the afternoon and a complimentary lunch voucher which was really generous of them, as they could have made us leave and go and wait at the airport all day.

FOOD: We loved the food, although we found the service to be really slow in the main restaurant during lunchtime, and generally getting a drink to have whilst we were waiting for the food to be served seemed to be a big ask as well and it almost took longer to wait for that than waiting for the food, or even a waiter to come and serve us.

The lunch at the bar & grill was a lot faster service and I think I tried just about everything on the menu in one week, the grilled chickens are delicious.

The italian restaurant was lovely and the staff in there were a lot friendlier and seemed a lot less stressed out than the other waitstaff in the main restaurant. We had wished we'd discovered this earlier.

We didn't get to Wicked Walu, there was a lot of weddings happening the week were there and seemed to be almost always booked out. Heard it was good though.

One thing that annoyed us was that if we turned up about half an hour before closing of breakfast, which was buffet, the staff would be quite short with you and try to tell you that you were late. It was ironic for us that they live by their "fiji time" but when the roles are reversed they get really grumpy, and we weren't even late!

Anyway, it got to the point where we thought that maybe they were being tough on us because we had an all inclusive package and maybe they thought we were ripping them off or something?

ROOMS: Rooms were ok, we were hardly ever in there anyway during the day. The bathroom looked as though it needed a little it of a renovation but otherwise it was clean and were comfortable. The only thing that was a little annoying was the ants in the room and sometimes in the bed. No problem with mosquitos at all, due to the fly-screen on the doors to the balcony.

ACTIVITIES: There was always something going on at the Warwick, egg throwing, volleyball, touch football, snorkelling, kayaking etc. We went on the bay fishing trip and had the BEST time. The fishing guides were really good and between the two of us we caught a dozen or so fish - unfortunately didn't get to enjoy any of them though for dinner. The bingo games were funny too.

My boyfriend tried out the PADI diving and had a great time, said the instructor was really good and the spot where they went diving was amazing.

POOL: When we were there it was school holidays (unfortunate planning by us) and there were kids everywhere and the pool was really, really busy and it got rather frustrating when sitting at the pool bar trying to enjoy a drink or an ice cream and then to have kids dive bombing into the pool right behind you. Also, I think the pool volleyball could have been played in the other pool away from the bars and food areas so that you weren't constantly getting hit by volleyballs flying around when sitting either at the pool bar, or the bar & grill or even in the cafe eating lunch.

I must sound terribly slack, but having to get your pool towels back in to the activity shed by 6pm was a bit rough at times! In the end we just bought our own towels rather than continuously getting charged a fee for late towel returns, nothing beats a sunset swim.

SPA: There is a sign saying no kids (under 14 I think it is) are allowed in the spa. I think maybe they should make it bigger or put it in a more obvious place (it's kind of hidden in the bushes) because everytime we went in there, there would be about five or six young children in there playing around. Which is fine, I accept that we did go during school holidays but it still got a bit frustrating when you go in to the spa to relax and hang out with other adults and end up in the middle of a splashathon with kids. I don't think the spa was particularly clean though anyway.

NIGHTCLUB: Had a good couple of nights there. Only complaint was the smell of vomit that occassionally wafted around near the lounges which was a little off putting.

OUTDOOR BAR: This was alright, we generally finished our night out there. Service was typically fijian but it was alright once you got to know the staff.

GROUNDS: The grounds were immaculately kept, didn't get a chance to play the mini golf though but it looked like a good course.

SHOPS: The staff at Jacks Handicrafts were so sweet and friendly and had some neat things in there too.

BEAUTY SPA: The girls in there were really good, I got a back massage on the beach which was so relaxing, I could have stayed there all day.

Anyway, all in all we did have a good time, although we did make the mistake of booking during being school holidays which did get on our nerves a bit at times. We are definitely going to go back to Fiji again, but we're heading back to the islands for a little less chaos.

I'd definitely recommend the Warwick as being value for the money you spend, the all inclusive package is definitely the way to go - but if you are like us, a young couple who just want to relax and chill out, research when the Australian/NZ school holidays are and stay away when they are on!

The Warwick

by TripAdvisor Member namel

Took a school group of 30 to the Warwick for 3 days. a nice venue.
Didn't supply roll-aways as requested. Double room had a double bed not a queen. Group was spread around the resort in 2 different wings so keeping track of students was not possible.

Food was good - we were able to cash in our prepaid food vouchers at the Seafood and Pasta Restaurants which was great as the food at each of these was superb -

Shops at resort were not expensive - same price as in town.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JJYork

We stayed at the hotel for 5 relaxing nights in a club room. Transfer from the airport is 1 hr 30 mins by car. The Warwick Hotel (formerley owned by Hyatt) was an average hotel but not luxurious. The hotel needs to be updated in some areas (carpets in halls etc) but nothing major (our hotel choice is normally a Shangri -La hotel). I would highly reccommend a club room - these rooms are fine -The club wing has a lovely separate room for guests for breakfast (continental) and pre-dinner drinks - the club room staff are very friendly and will help you with dinner reservations etc. Tried a couple of the restaurants and you have to choose wisely and not be in a rush. Fiji is a beautiful island and the people are so friendly and helpful. We would go back to Fiji but possibly try a different hotel.

The Warwick FijiThe Warwick Fiji

Warwick Fiji Resort

by STRM

My wife and I are planning to go to stay at the Warwick Fiji resort over Christmas. I was wondering if there are any places to around the resort to eat in case we do not want to eat in the resort.

Re: Warwick Fiji Resort

by dani2828

There are only other resorts around the Warwick or the Beachhouse which is a backpackers with a restaurant (horrible food though). You can take a bus/taxi to Sigatoka, about 30-40 mins drive.

Comments