Motu Tehotu, 98730, French Polynesia

Costs 119% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing....

by TripAdvisor Member NewYorkCityExplorer

Today is my first day back from an amazing 10-day stay at the Four Seasons Bora Bora. The service, atmosphere and environment was impeccable. The flight to Bora Bora from New York took about 22 hours. Once we landed in Bora Bora, the Four Seasons were waiting for us dock side and escorted us to the resort via yacht. It was quiet an amazing first impression. Once we arrived at the resort we were escorted via electric car to our private bungalow. The bungalow was bigger than my apartment in NYC. We were 1 mile out at sea. The water itself is a sight to see and the actually view from the room is remarkable. Our villa was directly in front of the mountain.

There is so much I can tell you about my experience at the Four Seasons Bora Bora but most importantly, it is worth every penny!!! My husband and I made memories to last a life time. We swam with octopus, exotic fish and sting rays. We toured the entire island of Vitape, Bora Bora and even went pearl diving. Everyone at the resort was extremely friendly and hospitable. I have never experienced such an exception level of service and attention to detail. The food was also delicious. The only fault that I have to mention is mixed drinks. The drinks are very weak and you are better off sticking to beer or wine (but even when I mentioned my disappointment in the drinks they attempted to remake and remake for my liking).

Employees at the Four Seasons Bora Bora are genuinely nice, friendly and warm.
If you want specific details about the island, what to do and where to go, please feel free to email me.
There are other resorts around Bora Bora but none of the compare to the Four Seasons (trust me, I toured them all).

If you're looking for exclusivity, romance, first class service and food...Four Seasons Bora Bora is the way to go

Fabulous Stay

by TripAdvisor Member rachel0525

We stayed 5 nights at the Four Seasons Bora Bora after spending 5 nights in Moorea. It was the perfect way to end our Honeymoon. It started by being met at the airport by two staff members of the Four Seasons who promptly took our bags and whisked us off to our private boat that took us to the resort. The service was all around perfect and the bungalows were very private. The walk can be a bit far at times depending on where you are staying but they offer a golf cart service to drive you if you wish.

At the time we were there the resort had only been open for a little over a month so it was not very crowded. However, the property is so huge that I don't think it will be a problem once the whole place is open. The only disappointment was dinner. The two restaurants on the property did not offer a great variety of food and it was a little too "nouveau" for my taste. (The breakfast buffet was amazing though and there were many different choices.) The resort offers a shuttle service on their beautiful wooden boats to the main island for dinner. I suggest asking the concierge to make reservations on the main land and take advantage of the shuttle and wonderful restaurants on Bora Bora.

The spa services and other activities at the resort were excellent too. Overall I highly recommend this resort. My husband and I are still talking about it!

Loved the Four Seasons

by TripAdvisor Member binthehills

I have had so many people ask me about my Four Seasons Bora Bora experience, that I have to add some thoughts here. Firstly, this IS a top luxury resort in the world. This is not by chance--the service is proactive, not reactive. For example, my sunglasses were smudged and a staff member at the Spa noticed and asked me for my sunglasses. She cleaned them until they looked like new. It is not something I would ever dream of even thinking of asking anyone to do, but they kept lens cleaner & a cloth on hand for just such an event.

This same proactive service applies to every little detail. We needed a special pick up from the former Bora Bora Yacht Club and they were only more than thrilled to pick us up there by boat to save us the extra cab fare & a rush back to the dock. Initially we were a little apprehensive about staying at such a new hotel, but our knowledgeable & understanding travel agent, Claudia, from Pacific for Less assured us that the Four Seasons would go to any length to make their newest resort live up to their esteemed reputation--right off the bat.

Some tips while you are staying at the Four Seasons:
1.) Buy your wine/alcohol at Vaitape. It's a lot less expensive.
2.) They have a Polynesian dance night with a buffet dinner. Not everyone is a fan of buffets... Keep in mind that you do not have to attend the buffet to watch the show. I recommend ordering room service & walking over to watch the show. Not only is it less expensive, but you get what you want to eat.
3.) If you are going to a 2nd island, divide your activities for 2 reasons--first, Bora Bora tends to be more expensive that the other islands, and second there is less to do on the other islands. Part of that has to do with the Four Seasons being a great resort so even the pool or just sitting in your amazing bungalow will be unparalled at any other resort in French Polynesia.
4.) Pearl shopping for many is a must. The front desk recommends Robert Wan first & foremost. I agree. They also recommend looking around for comparison, especially at OPEC. It is important to do & to understand what you are buying with so many pearl dealers & makers in such a small area. The concierge can give you some helpful tips you should take into consideration.
5.) You are in for a real treat if you have booked your bungalow at the Four Seasons. If you have any questions or concerns, you really should consult a travel agent because they can make all of the calls & book all activities for you. It can be a real pain because of time changes & long distance calls in the event you need to speak to someone. We worked with Claudia at Pacific for Less because she was knowledgeable, trustworthy and nothing we asked her to do was out of the question (much like the staff at the Four Seasons).

I hope this extra info helps. Bon Voyage!

A beautiful new Four Seasons

We stayed at the new Four Seasons Bora Bora for the last 3 nights of a 10-night trip to French Polynesia in October 2008. We definitely saved the best for last - this is a beautiful property with amazing bungalows, lovely grounds, and a friendly staff.

We were upgraded from a beach view to a mountain view bungalow (221) and it was stunning. The bungalow was huge and absolutely gorgeous and the view across the lagoon to the mountains on the main island was breathtaking. The bungalow had a large sitting room with a flat screen television, a bathroom with a fantastic shower, great soaking tub (with a view), and double sinks, a bedroom with a comfy bed, large dressing area, another flat screen television, and an iPod docking station, and a large deck with a table and chairs and two chaise lounges. There were clever cutaways in the floor of the bungalow that allowed you to see down and reminded you that you were indeed overwater!

There was snorkel gear on the deck and of course easy access to swim in the ocean from the platform. But there wasn't really any snorkeling from the bungalow - the water was deep, no coral, and few fish. For snorkeling, a much better bet is the enclosed lagoons that run through the property. These are accessed from the 'teen beach'. (There were no teens there when we stayed, so we weren't invading anyone's space!) The enclosed lagoons have been seeded with coral heads and fish, including groups of clown fish, puffer fish, and a couple of eagle rays. It's not excellent snorkeling, but it might be in a couple of years, once this 'ecosystem' has matured.

One great perk of this resort is that guests can do their laundry for free. (Similar to the Four Seasons Hualalai in Hawaii). We only found this out, though, because we were caught in a golf cart traffic jam on our way out to our bungalow at check in. While he was waiting for the other cart to move, the driver pointed out to us that we'd just stopped next to the ice machine and laundry room. We were already a week into our trip, so had an immediate interest! We found no further information or details in our room, and there were no instructions or laundry supplies at the machines. But a passing staff member told us he'd be right back - apparently the concierge has the supplies - and he showed us how to use the machines. We loved this amenity and were so glad we found out about it!!

The staff were friendly and attentive – they had a much better service orientation than we'd encountered at the Sheraton on Moorea, for example. But there were some glitches, especially with housekeeping. One example - we brought a couple of bottles of our own champagne, and had a really hard time getting them to bring us an ice bucket. Another example - upon arrival, there was a welcome tray of fruit, etc in our room. We hardly touched it the first night, but then they took it away the next morning. When my husband mentioned to this to the concierge, they brought us another tray that afternoon - and promptly took that one away the next morning as well. Third example - our first night, housekeeping came for turndown around 9 pm and we told them not to bother. The second night they showed up close to 10 pm - we were in bed, the lights were out, and they started knocking nonetheless. My husband was rather grumpy about this, and they brought us apology cookies the next morning - which they then, yet again, removed just a few hours later. Eat fast, everyone, and use your 'do not disturb' sign. :) For a resort this isolated, with no nightlife and with most people spending a lot of time in their bungalows, turndown service at 9-10 pm is just way too late.

This is definitely a resort for lounging and relaxing. (And, in our case, scuba diving - we dove every morning with TopDive Bora Bora and saw tons of sharks!) We went into town one afternoon but there is really not much of a town to speak of - just a few souvenir shops and a couple of cafes. (And a lot of cruise ship passengers). We had to stay in town for around 3 hours before the next boat back to the Four Seasons and we ran out of things to do well before then.

The Four Seasons has two restaurants (one is only open for dinner, and only a few nights a week) and a beach bar that serves lunch. It also has good in-room dining, and we ate many of our meals on the deck of our overwater bungalow - paradise! On our last day, after we'd checked out of our room, we wanted to eat an early dinner before heading to the airport. None of the restaurants were serving yet, but they allowed us to order from the room service menu at the sunset bar.

The pool area is lovely and was never crowded during our stay. The water was quite warm, which is how I like it! There is a bar area with stools in the pool, so you can enjoy a Hinano right in the water. There are also lots of chaise lounges and big cabanas. There was always free space during our stay - in part I think because many guests just stay in their OWB rather than lounging in the common areas.

We didn't go to the spa (unfortunately!) but we did visit the neighboring fitness room every day - it was adequately equipped, and always empty. There was one boutique on the property which sold some lovely things, but didn't stock anything practical except a bit of sunscreen and a few postcards. We saw people asking about water shoes, flip flops, magazines and newspapers, snacks, t-shirts, etc. None of these things were for sale, and in a location this remote there was no other place to get them (except taking the boat to town, which only happened a few times a day and made for a trip of several hours).

Several of the more senior-level employees were quite open with us about where this Four Seasons was at as far as staff training and resort services (it had only been open for a month) and where they hoped to go in the coming weeks and months. They told us of their own ideas and opinions - which it sounded like the management cared about and encouraged them to share - and asked us for our feedback. We had a great stay overall, and think this resort will just continue to get better and better over time.

A Classic in the Making

by TripAdvisor Member KyleinJapan

We spent a relaxing vacation at the Four Seasons to celebrate our 10th anniversary. The setting is absolutely wonderful with the turquoise ocean, the mountains across the lagoon and the blue skies. What really strikes you is the calm and tranquility of the place. Without any surf, the lagoon is eerily quiet. And that is not a bad thing. It truly adds to the enjoyment of the resort.

The villas are as well appointed as any Four Seasons resort and deliver the product you expect. There are nice touches such as snorkels and fins at each villa. The villas shake a little when carts are driven on the walkways, which is unfortunate.

The spa and health club are both well appointed and worth a visit. The spa staff seem to be working in a world to themselves, going out of their way to accommodate even someone out for a walk or peak inside the facilities. Their service and hospitality was exemplary. Don't miss the walk just beyond the spa to the ocean side of the resort.

The cuisine at the resort is of high quality although the selection can seem limited if you are staying for more a few nights.

Where the resort still needs improvement is in its overall consistency and cohesiveness in service. I contribute this to the newness of the resort, opening only a couple of months ago. The staff haven't found their momentum together that demonstrates a seamless experience for guests. There were too many missed opportunities for service and annoying fumbles that happened during our stay that accumulated into disappointments. My comparison comes from a recent week at the Four Seasons in Koh Samui where things hummed like a well-oiled machine.

However, the resort has tremendous potential due to its size, facilities and management company. There is no doubt in my mind things will improve, and improve to the extent the resort will become a classic. I expect to see a lot of positive comments about the Four Seasons as it matures.

Exceptional getaway in a spectacular environment.

by TripAdvisor Member mwsk_h

Setting is perfect with stunning view of lagoon and fantastic bungalows. You have enormous amount of personal private space and every thing you touch or use or see is of the highest quality. Food, particularly seafood, was incredible whether at bar, casual restaurant, seafood restaurant or room service. Staff genuinely cares about each family member and does everything possible to insure your perfect stay.

Prices are high and more could be done particularly for children under 12 and 8 to increase discounts on food as compared to adults. Kid's club could keep TV off for parts of day at least and add a bit more time outside. Still a bit rough around the edges in terms of staff training (we heard multiple times that a staff person was there only 2 weeks and didn't know the answer to a question or didn't understand the question) but they are trying hard and have so much going for them that despite these minor quibbles, I am sure that they will succeed. Go now unless you are a high maintenance customer in which case go in a few months. Overall this is an amazing well managed property that is close to perfect.

Not Four Seasons Standard - very disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member centuriontraveller3

Hotel messed up our reservation, hence no pick-up at airport and long wait until they had a room ready for us; a/c/fridge/coffee maker all did not work properly (they were repaired promptly once we complained); resort has 2 main restaurants of which only the basic one is open 7 nights a week while the more stylish gourmet restaurant closes 3 or 4 nights a week (but they open for "private parties"; no daily/weekly specials, therefore lunches/dinners get boring very soon; resorts ran out of stock on many wines and champagnes during our stay; tv screens of all fitness machines did not work during our entire stay; resort does not have it's own dive center, instead they work with a dive center which is quite far away and operates with old equipment (after we intervened, they opted for an operator that was closer to four seasons and had brand new equipment)

Paradise in Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member kmac45

You know you are in for a treat when you are greeted at the aiport in Bora Bora by a luxury wooden boat and 3 members of staff from the Four Seasons give you leis, bottled waters and cool towels. Arriving at the resort by boat gives you the first real impression of the lagoon and the colours that you see are difficult to believe and unlike any other ocean I have seen. Our overwater bungalow was beautiful and had every amenity you could need. A large deck and snorkle equipment was waiting for you to explore from the steps at your bungalow. Travelling with two kids we were not sure what to expect but it all lived up to our hopes. Whilst there wasn't that many kids at the resort whilst we were there our 6 year old enjoyed the Kids club and the staff were wonderful..it was pretty quiet for our teenager but he still got into the swing of things. The restaurants and meals were top notch. Breakfast buffett had anything and everything you could wish for including made to order omlettes and the best pinapple I have ever had. Dinners were in a beautiful setting at one of the two restaurants and we enjoyed the menu and there was great choice on the kids menu also.
Our favourite excursions were feeding the reef sharks and swimming with the sting rays and the excellent jet ski tour of the lagoon. I would like to add that I am not much of an adventurer and was a little hesitant about both of these activities but there was nothing to worry about and I felt very comfortable.
Do also make sure to take in the spa and exercise room, by far the best I have experienced.
The best thing about this resort is the pre anticipated comforts that the staff take care of..from supplying you with bottled water and towels already bagged before you realised you needed them for an excursion to the little touches in the bungalow. The staff are probably the best I have ever experienced at a resort.
I really felt like I was staying in the best resort on the most beautiful island in the world. Fabulous!

Best hotel in Bora Bora

by TripAdvisor Member Brasil1980

I went to Bora Bora in October, 2008, for my honeymoon. We were originally supposed to stay at St. Regis, but we were moved to Four Seasons after they told us St. Regis was closed to be a movie location (Couples Retreat). We were very upset before going there, but later we found we were VERY lucky! I can't find enough words to say how wonderful our experience was. The hotel is certainly THE BEST one in Bora Bora. You feel like you are the only guest there as the treatment is so exclusive. The bungalow is very private, specially if it's one of the last ones. Don't miss the jet ski tour around the island. Parasailing is also something you must do while in Bora Bora, although the hotel does not offer this tour. The parasail leaves from Novotel at Vaitape (the main island) and you won't believe the variety of blue you will see. We also did the private motu picnic and it felt like we were in a dream. If you go to Bora Bora, don't think twice, stay at Four Seasons. And one more tip: if you stay at the hotel during the day don't forget your don't disturb sign, since they have room service twice a day.

Most amazing hotel I have ever been to!!!

by TripAdvisor Member elise007

My friends refer to me as a hotel snob!! So, you can say that I have been to alot of beautiful hotels! However, this hotel blew me away. The location of this hotel is amazing. It is so beautiful. The hotel itself is beautiful. We were in room 330 which is on the very end of the dock and worth every penny! It was very private and very large. It was incredible. It had a plunge pool that was so inviting. The whole set up was so romantic. The views were like a dream. The service was fantastic. All you had to do was mention something and it was there. All of the employees were very friendly and helpful.
I cannot say enough about this slice of heaven. I still cannot believe where I was! It was a dream!

Tuna SandwitchTuna Sandwitch

Some other familySome other family

Captain playing and singingCaptain playing and singing

The Father and also the CaptianThe Father and also the Captian

Boat Tour

by Daletyler

We are on a cruise later this year we were thinking of a Outrigger type boat with snorkeling and a lunch do you have any suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Boat Tour

by Donna_in_India

Hi - have you checked on www.cruisecritic.com? You will find recommendations there from previous cruisers. Go to boards/Ports of Call/Pacific Islands,All. Have a great cruise!!

Re: Boat Tour

by Odinnthor

There are several outrigger operators on Bora bora. It is a great way to explore the lagoons. Here is a site with all of the operators. I can persoally recommend the Bora Laggonarium and the Maohi Nui Tours. Have fun....d:o)

Comments