Motu Ome'e BP 506, Bora Bora, 98730, French Polynesia
Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 155% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about St. Regis Resort

Fabulous trip to the St Regis Bora Bora

My husband and I just returned from a trip to the St Regis in Bora Bora. It was amazing! The water is so beautiful, and the resort is spectacular. We stayed in a pool/beach villa which was very luxurious. The bathroom is very spacious, and we loved having beach access and our own private pool to sit in. The beach bungalows seemed very private. We loved the whole setting and location of the resort on the lagoon. The views were amazing from our bungalow deck. I was worried we would regret not being in an overwater bungalow, but we loved our room and were glad we didn't pay hundreds more per night for an overwater room.

The service at the hotel is excellent, they are very eager to please and very friendly. We had many great meals at the resort. We especially loved the Lagoon restaurant. It was by far our best meal on the island, and in retrospect we wish we had eaten there twice. In terms of eating outside the resort, we did three nights and it was pretty easy to get to the main island, although we would recommend that the return shuttle run more frequently.

The concierge was very helpful in arranging activities and dinner reservations. We loved spending our days by the pool or on the chairs at the beach. This was our best trip ever, and I hope we can come back to the St Regis one day!

Extraordinary Experience

by TripAdvisor Member TheRoadWarrior

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary somplace exotic, someplace special. The St. Regis Bora Bora exceeded even our lofty expectations. Extraordinary accomodations in our 1500 sq.ft. overwater villa, extraordinary and attentive service all in a setting that will become more and more lush in the years to come. (The St. Regis Bora Bora opened this year and the vegetation has all been newly planted).

Even if you are an experienced diver or snorkeler, do not miss the hotel's "Lagoonarium". From basic yellow tangs to parrot fish to small (very small) sharks, they have really provided a wonderful diversion.

To top off the experience the concierge reccomended we spend the day on an "Around The Lagoon" excursion. Repleat with an outriggger, a thong clad Polynesian captain and a champage luncheon prepared on our own private "Motu" (island) and served on china and crystal set on a white tablecloth covered table set out in the lagoon....well it was worth the trip.

Final word: Expect to spend serious money. For us it was worth it but if you are at all budget conscious, stay away.

St Regis is Extraordinary! Young, inexperienced staff...but who cares!!!

by TripAdvisor Member crcsf

The St Regis Bora Bora is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful places in the world. I am a difficult-to-please, hotel snob and couldn't have been more impressed with the St Regis. Whenever we ventured off the hotel grounds to go to the main island or elsewhere, we were glad to get back to our beautiful hotel.

We booked a "premium, overwater bungalow" because we wanted to be assured of a view of Mt Otemanu...the jacuzzi on the deck is not heated - which we found bizarre and disappointing - but the views from these rooms are beyond stunning. There are some regular. overwater bungalows for nearly $500 per night less than the premiums that also face Mt Otemanu - I would do one of these next time. The water surrounding the rooms is the most delicious, warm, clean, dazzling turquoise imaginable. We spent our days reading on the deck, staring at the ever-changing colors of the water and mountain, jumping into the water...ahh, I want to go back.

I was struck by how green the staff was. Any employees that have contact with the guests are French kids in their 20s for whom many this is obviously there very first job. It feels very much like this is a "camp experience" for them and I couldn't help but wonder who was dating whom, and in who's dorm room the party would be later that night. At times, I felt like a guinea pig - part of 'their' experience before they bo back to France for their next 'real' job.

During my stay one of the few, Polynesian employees explained how difficult is was to get quality labor in the remote islands...and so I became more forgiving as the days went on. It would still be nice to see more Polynesians working here.

The food is very good at the hotel - but is gets boring pretty quickly. There are good options on the island, but getting around Bora Bora is a bit of a production. Boats leave at very specific times, restaurants fill up quickly - so reserve early in the day. The 'fancy' restaurant at the hotel is very delicious, just be glad the prices are in Pacific Francs and just pretend you don't know how to divide by 100....you'll enjoy your trip much more if you just succomb to the prices and just pay and enjoy every expensive moment.

A few tips on staying at the St Regis:

1) bring your i pod - they give you a docking station
2) if you want a coffee machine in your room, they give an espresso machine w/ pods! Very nice.
3) be clear about when you want turn-down service...otherwise it comes too late
4) bring some dvd's...there is a very good sound system, tv and dvd's in the room - but the hotel's selection of movies is pretty limited. There's not much to do here at night...so it's all about books and movies after dark.
5) splurge on the jet ski trip around the island... we loved it so much we did it twice.
6) do the Bora Bora lagoon cruise...swimming with the sting rays is amazing. Tell the annoying French girl who films you the whole time that you don't plan on buying her DVD for $150 from the beginning (unless you want it)...then she's stops filming you...much more enjoyable!

Simona, the "guest recognition manager" is by far the best employee at this hotel...she should be the general manager...she is truly outstanding.

Newest and most modern resort on Bora Bora

by TripAdvisor Member cityplus

We spent our honeymoon at the St. Regis during the second week of September, 2006. It was fantastic. The resort was still in its "soft opening" and some construction and minor problems were experienced. The staff (mostliy French, some Tahitian) were young, energetic, and extremely willing to please.

The overwater bungalows are stunning. If you do your research, you'll see that the rooms of the St. Regis have the most progressive design. Incorporating both modern and Tahitian themes but not going overboard. Newer and older hotels will likely try to compete with larger TV's, hot tubs in every room, and private helicoptor pads. But, who needs all that? I think the St. Regis has designed their resort and rooms with all the amenities and sophistication that is needed for a first class experience.

The food at the 2 restaurants (and room service) is extremely good, but also quite pricey (expect to pay $100 or more for 2 people for a proper dinner). There are not many other options, so just be prepared to eat well and pay a lot for it. The food portions are ample but not generous; don't expect anything to be Super-Sized.

Make sure to plan atleast one day trip with Stefan, on his sailboat. He works for the St. Regis and is a warm-hearted and gentle spirited man. He comes from France but has lived in Bora Bora for 16 years. He can build the ultimate excursion for you, if you have the time, money, and creativity. He offers all sorts of cardio-type excercise (hiking, tennis, running, cycling...) and has several sailboats and kayaks to play with. We spent 2 days sailing around the island, snorkeling, and eating picnic lunches on deserted beaches and lookouts. It was AMAZING!!!!

We took tons of pictures, but I don't feel like trying to post them here at tripadvisor. If TripAdvisor will allow this, you can look at some of my pictures and further review here (you'll have to copy and paste this link in your web browser):

PROS:
Wonderful setting. I think St. Regis picked one of the best motus to develop on. The east side of the island has much shallower and brighter water than the west. The grounds are extremely well landscaped, rooms are gorgeous, and the staff is very friendly and will bend-over-backwards to please. Food was extremely well prepared and delicious. Excellent presentation and flavors. No need to eat anywhere else. Stefan's sailboat made our trip - by far the best memories were made with him. Bikes, kayaks, snorkeling gear, and much more at your fingertips.
CONS:
Resort was still in "soft opening" and had a few issues to resolve. The plumbing in our bathroom had a few problems (toilet bubbled up sulfer-smelling air bubbles about once an hour). Landscaping looked very new and not yet established. As it continues to grow, it will develop and be lush and beautiful. Hotel did not have extremely solid relationship with our travel agency and excursion companies (I think this is because resort was so new and we booked with a travel agent). You have to ask your butler for everything. I wish there was a manual somewhere or DVD you could watch on the in-room TV that would explain everything they had to offer. I like to be able to explore and learn a little on my own instead of having everything handed to me.

Overall, fantastic experience which we will never forget. Next time (if there is a next time) we would take the time and effort to plan the trip ourselves, instead of using a travel agent. You can get a lot more for much less this way. Try and get a hold someone at the hotel (or Stefan) to help you do this (instead of travel agent).

Perfect honeymoon spot

by TripAdvisor Member PrincessPingtons

My husband and I recently returned from a 9 day honeymoon at the St. Regis Bora Bora. I was a bit skeptical about going to a new hotel, and had heard wonderful things about the Bora Bora Nui from people, but my travel agent assured me that this was the #1 place to stay. She was right. And she booked us a special honeymoon package which included an upgrade to a jacuzzi suite, champagne upon arrival, breakfast daily. I was very happy to have the jacuzzi suite but not because of the jacuzzi which is heated in the traditional tahitian way - by the sun (which doesn't make sense because we wanted to use it at night but it was cold). I liked the layout of the jacuzzi room better than the standard rooms. It's significantly larger. I also like the location better. It's closer to the restaurants and main part of the resort. The other over the water bungalows can be very far out there. If you do get the standard rooms, request the sunset rooms, not the bora bora, which face back towards the resort. All of the rooms are beautiful, though, the largest on the island. The bed is one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, the tub is big enough for two (note that you must close your blinds!! we saw a couple in the tub), the day bed is a great touch, but we never used it. All in all, it's beautiful.

The food is by far the best in Bora Bora. It is fresh, flavorful, can be as simple as you like or made any way you want. The staff is happy to accomodate.

On the note of the staff, they are some of the loveliest, sweetest hotel workers I've ever met. They truly made us feel like we were friends. Our wonderful Butler, Benoit, greeted us at breakfast every day. He gave us good tips for what to do (the shark and ray feeding is a highlight) and what not to do. We were very happy to stay at the hotel and found a lot to do other than sit at the beach: kayak, snorkle around the lagoon, or take the sail boat out. I don't understand people who wrote there is nothing to do. We did take the boat to town one day and it did leave without us. But they put us on a staff boat within a half hour and sent a fruit plate to our room to apologize. Speaking of fruit plate: every day they brought a little snack or treat to our room. It's a very nice touch.

I have one cautionary tale for anyone travelling to Tahiti or Bora Bora: we were robbed at one of the airports, we don't know which. I had $$$ taken out of my wallet which was in my purse and my husband's ipod and bose speakers were taken out of his carry-on which he had to check in between Bora Bora and Tahiti airports. This was on the way home and we were so relaxed that we weren't paying as close attention to details as we should have.

All in all, it was a wonderful honeymoon, very relaxing and happy and the St. Regis is, as my travel agent said, the #1 place to go.

Paradise!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member NYC_world_traveller

We spent 10 days at the St Regis in Bora Bora on our honeymoon and it was best trip weve ever had. The location, room, service, restaurant, activities, were ALL excellent. For a new hotel they avoid growing pains by making such a strong effort in every aspect of what they do.

We stayed in the over water villa, which was surronded by the most beautiful aqua water I've ever seen. Every morning, we would wake up and jump in the water. The villa was enormous with a huge bedroom and bathroom, along with a living room area. Everything is brand new, and every day after housekeeping came, I thought I was the first person staying in the room. The deck was nice enough to have room service ordered more than going out! Glass panels in the floors allow you to look down and see the fish. The whole accomodation was topped off with a magnificent view of the peaks on the main island across the water.

The service aspect here sets a bar that will be unattainable almost anywhere. And if you want something that isnt offered, most of the time they will make it happen. The Butler concept is not as big as the marketing hype, as the concierge, the beach house or room service really make most things happen for you. One evening the concierge actually took a boat to the main island to make sure we found our way back to the hotel.

There are plenty of daytime activities to enjoy during the stay here. included in the things we did were waverunners, sunset cruise, jeep safari tour, private motu barbecue, and snorkeling with sting rays, and sharks. The best was the private motu, where you are gone for the day, and the polynesian tour guides cook lunch for you as you sit at a table in the water. They then serendade you with island songs played on a ukalele. Even though this was $1300/couple, we did it twice.

Jean Georges opened up the Lagoon restaurant at the St Regis, and it lives up to its chefs reputation. Room service, however does not come from the same kitchen, so dont set your expectations that high.

The St Regis is very expensive, but for that one time trip, its worth it.

Good option in beautiful Bora Bora

by TripAdvisor Member BearSummit

I recently returned from an enjoyable week at the St. Regis. While no bargain, the resort was terrific and from what I gathered in discussions with guests who tried other resorts, currently the best in Bora Bora. Bora Bora itself is probably the most physically beautiful place I have ever been, better than Bali, Langkawi, Phuket or any other Asian resorts I have experienced.

The facilities at the St. Regis are very good, with large and modern rooms. The mostly French staff were green, but quite attentive, just a notch below Aman standards. The food, including the Jean-Georges outpost named Lagoon, was fine.

We were in a Premier Overwater Bungalow, but given the comparable room size, limited usefulness of jacuzzi and significant price differential, I think the Deluxe Overwater Bungalow is better value. As the resort was only 30% occupied, we were able to negotiate a guaranteed upgrade prior to arrival, which I recommend trying. I also recommend getting a room facing Bora Bora proper, to avoid looking at the Four Seasons construction site. Also note the resort is quite large, so it is worthwhile to request a room close to the main buildings.

I highly recommend diving in Bora Bora for the unique experience of seeing manta rays, which was amazing. Do not come to French Polynesia expecting great food. I liked Villa Mahana and Bloody Marys, but more for the variety than anything else.

Paradise Discovered!!!

by TripAdvisor Member LuxuriousTraveler

From day one this resort made us feel like we were the most important people in the world. The arrival to the resort in a fast boat, that feeling when you came around the side of the bungalows and saw the main dock to our amazing butlers. This place was far beyond what I thought it would be. Sure they are new and have received comments on what they need to iron out - but this was St. Regis service redefined with an island flare. We ate like kings, were waited on by your amazing beach staff and even had a few opportunities to get to know some of the locals and French working at the resort. I was skeptical coming here for a well deserved getaway as it was so new - but I need to tell you this will be the place that we tell our kids about in years to come. The butler service was unbelieveable. If I called, they came and often anticipated what I wanted/needed before I asked - SO cool. I have never written on one of these sites before but truly felt compelled ot share of my experiences. It was worth the high rates and after visiting a few of the other hotels in Bora Bora for various meals - I know we made the right choice.

Think twice

by TripAdvisor Member ZZZZ10

The hotel has many nice atributes including spacious accomodations, friendly staff, and nicely landscapped grounds. However, there are many problems/issues as well.

If you are looking for snorkeling, it can only be found at the hotel's man made lagoon. If you want more selection than the hotel's highly overpriced but delicous 2 restaurants, you will need to book a 10 - 15 minute boatride to the main island, followed by a 20 - 30 minute taxi to the restaurant you select. The boats from the hotel arrive and depart at fixed times, with long periods of time between each run.

The menus at the hotel are priced beyond reason including $35 hamburgers and $25 for 3 scoops of icecream for lunch. Pricing for dinner only gets worse from there.

Babysitters can be hired for $45/hour per child. Some friends of ours unkowingly racked up a tab of $750 to babysit their 4 kids for one evening.

A boatride to a sister hotel (The Meridien) which is no more than 500 yards away can be had for $110.

All in all the resort is 1st class but be preparded to feels taken for all the amenities, on top of your accomodations which start at over $1,000/night.

Best Hotel Ever

by TripAdvisor Member evoltravel

It started out with a with my private driver picking me up at the airport to grab our luggage. While we were waiting for our luggage he ran over to the bar and got us some beers compliments of the "St Regis". All the other passengers on the plane had to board some ferries, we boarded a well appointed hotel yacht with complimentary chilled beverages onboard.
When we arrived to our hotel we were given a tour by our 24 hr butler (Claire). She showed us around the ground and took us to our over water bungalow. This room was stunning: glass windows in the floor, separate living room and bedroom, plasma TV's, surround sound, private deck with ladder to the ocean and a 2 person tub and separate rain shower. The amenities were full sized like you would get at the counter at Nordstrom’s.
The hotel provided mountain bikes to cruise the grounds of the hotel. We would ride them to the lagoon, restaurants, spa, dock, etc. and lean them against a palm tree to wait for our return.
Don't miss the 11/2 hour couples massage, dinner at the restaurant operated by "John George", and the complimentary sail boats. Ask for a coffee machine to be brought to your room, it was a small espresso machine which made the best cup of Joe to start your day in paradise.
The hotel management and staff were very friendly. I like my beers really cold so they would deliver ice 3 times a day in a large silver champagne bowl to put on our deck.
I read some other reviews complaining of the price for food and drink. It is super expensive, but the quality is there and they have to fly in everything but the beer and rum. Just budget 400 for food and beverage a day and move on. This hotel is not for the budget minded, but for that experience you will never forget. You will spend the next year figuring out how the get back and do it all over again.

beach @ The St. Regis Resort/ photo by kfbeach @ The St. Regis Resort/ photo by kf

bora bora wedding

by fondasue

I need specifics as to how a wedding ceremony cost (range and what is included) Most popular packages

Re: bora bora wedding

by alfredop

why don't you go to the intercontinental webpage, select the bora bora resorts (2 available) and contact them? they even have a new wedding and honeymoon area in one of the resorts.

Re: bora bora wedding

by wildroz

you have to spend 30 days in some tahitaian islands for your wedding to be " real" just so you know...

Beachcomber Resort in Bora Bora???

by JustinVeronica

I am planning a honeymoon coming in July, '04. Was looking at the beachcomber resort in bora bora - was hoping any and all members might be able to give some opinions on this hotel - good, bad, ugly?
Additionally, if anyone has any suggestions on another resort that was their favorite, that would be great.
Also, if anyone has any advice on Bora Bora - travel tips, suggestions, cautions, etc that would be wonderful.

THANK YOU!!!

Re: Beachcomber Resort in Bora Bora???

by colin_bramso

We've stayed at the Beachcombers in Moorea and Tahiti. Both were excellent - I'm sure the Bora Bora resort will be at least as good.

Re: Beachcomber Resort in Bora Bora???

by gary99

Hi,
We were in Bora Bora last May. Your hotel is on the south end of the island where there are a few other hotels. Most are small, expensive, with bungalows. I don't have any particular knowledge about your hotel, but in general Bora Bora is a quiet laid back island with little going on other than getting away and veg out. It's a pretty quiet place. With prices so high, occupancy levels were around 30%.

We stayed at the Club Med and would definitely recommend it. A great place to meet people from all over the world. Food, nite life, day activities all included.

Our honeymoon 5 years ago was spent on Moorea. It has more things going on if this appeals to you. Either place is a great place to start a marriage!

Gary in OKC