2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

BP 544 Vaitape, 98 730, French Polynesia
Agoda.com Booking.com

More about Village Temanuata

by prazlin

"Bora Bora view 2 min. before the landing"

Even if Bora Bora is the most frequented Island in French Polynesia and sometimes there is a lot of 'traffic' in the lagoon , it is definetely worth to visit for some days !

"Bora Bora apron airport"

"Sunset at the guesthouse 'Le Paradis'"

"A new friend at 'The Lagoonarium'"

"Our 'guides' at a lagoon trip !"

by M2looseC

"Tahiti"

Beautiful Island in Tahiti. Very unspoiled scenery. Friendly and wonderful people.

"Bora Bora"

Went to "Bloody Mary's'" bar and of course had a Bloody Mary. Lots of rock stars come to this bar. Very unique bar.

"Island critters"

Big sand crabs that eat flowers

by texaslloyd

"One word: Wow"

I can't begin to describe how beautiful and perfect our trip to Bora Bora was. While sitting in a book store one day I was looking through a travel magazine and saw a photo of Bora Bora. I tore out the photo and kept it in my work bag for 2 years. I told myself this was a place I had to visit. It truely was a dream come true.

by Agraichen

Bora Bora is one of the more tourist oriented destinations of the Society Islands. It is typically much more expensive than most of the other islands. Still it's nearly flawless white sand beaches and astronomically expensive hotels keep "the beautiful people" flocking back.

Tourist Trap but, the ritual stop on Bora Bora is at Bloody Mary's. Not quite as old as the "establishment" made famous in Rogers and Hammerstein's South Pacific, but from the cards tacked on the walls, visited by many people around the world.

From the pier area where ships dock, it's only a short walk (to the right) down the main street that goes around the island.

You too can own your own Motu and have a personal piece of paridise.

The only problem is fresh water, electricity and food storage. But, hey, this is "paradise" so just head back to a bigger island.

by nancyw

"Or is it Boring Boring?"

One of the many stops on the four month around-the-world cruise, Bora Bora was one of my favorites. When I got back from the trip and shared my videos with friends, one commented that as I filmed in Bora Bora, I used the word "unbelieveable" 37 times.

I couldn't help myself...I simply couldn't find the words to describe the "unbelieveable" views of the island's interior - lush, green, spectacular cliffs, or the seemingly endless shades of blue and green in the clear water.

I rented a small, open air electric car and took an hour to drive around the island. After stopping at one of the many tiny stores, I picked up some picnic supplies (bread and cheese) and snorkeling gear and headed toward the beach. Not easy to decide which beach, since you can stop virtually anywhere on the road around the island and have a beautful spot for sunning and snorkeling.

I loved Bora Bora but some of my shipmates had a different view. If you're looking for lots of activities (other than water related) then you're pretty much out of luck. There are numerous resorts, ringing the island, which provide entertainment and fine dining in the evenings, but that's about it.

My only complaint about Bora Bora was the prices. Over-the-water bungalows are "unbelieveable" and so are the prices - ranging from $800 - $1,600 USD, per night. Paradise doesn't come cheap in French Polynesia, but if you can afford it...GO!!

Road around Bora BoraRoad around Bora Bora

Sunset in Bora BoraSunset in Bora Bora

Bora Bora airportBora Bora airport

Motu in Bora BoraMotu in Bora Bora

Budget Bora Bora Accommodation

by Sleeks

Me and my Girlfriend are Travelling for a Year and are planning to spend a week in Bora Bora. We would like to Stay on Metira Beach/Point and have read a little about Chez Nono & Village Pauline. Can anyone help with the following questions?

1) Best Beach next to Pension between Chez Nono & Village Pauline?

2) Best Value for money Pension between Chez Nono & Village Pauline?

3) Any other pension that can be recommended instead?

Best Regards,
Shane

RE: Budget Bora Bora Accommodation

by snorkinos

how was the trip ? (:
ill be there on october .. any tips?

10x (:

Bora Bora in November

by lordart

What is the weather like in Bora Bora in November. It looks like it could be rainy?

Any advice on Intercontinental (Nunue) / Four Seasons / St. Regis? Which one is the best.

thanks,

by xymmot

Weather in Bora Bora is a constant hot about 85 degrees since it is close to the equator. Nov thru March is the summer months which has the most rainfall and humidity. Best time is the winter months with the least risk of a storm. You won't go wrong with any of the four star rated resorts you pick , they will always be the best, so any of them will accomendate and pamper you. You won't go wrong.

by Kakapo2

Weather questions is already answered.

And the hotels, two of them (Four Seasons and St. Regis) are located on the outlying motu(= narrow longish islands surrounding the main island), so they are more idyllic but you need boat transfers to do any activities on the main island. If you only want to relax and roast they would be perfect.

The Intercontinental chain has two hotels on Bora Bora but I do not know of any in Nunue. There is only one a few kilometres further south at Matira (Matira Point). This is Le Moana. I quite liked this beach, it was brilliant. Have not stayed at the hotel. It also has overwater bungalows. But as it is located on the main beach it might not be as paradise-like as the onces located on a motu.

The other Intercontinental is the Thalasso & Spa and located on a motu.

by lordart

We are spending 6 days at the intercontential on the main island. The second half of the trip will be spent at either St. Regis or Four Season. However, I read trip advisor and St. Regis does not look good at all.

by lordart

I know that you can not go wrong with a four star resort. Have you stayed at either resort?

by Kakapo2

No, sorry, I slept on a cruise ship. That was cheaper ;-))))

Bora Bora in Februaury?

by cmuzzin

Hello, we plan on going to Bora Bora for our honeymoon in Feb, 2007. I know it is the raining season and am having some doubts. Has anyone experienced Bora Bora in February? I would hate to spend so much money and be in the rain. Is it still worth the visit in Feb?

RE: Bora Bora in Februaury?

by osprey999

we are taking our honeymoon to BB as well in 2007, our wedding date is 3/25/07 but we are not going until later april because that is towards the end of the rainy season. We live in tropical florida, and we know from experience what the rainy season is like. I personally would not go during that rainy season, and maybe push your honeymoon off until towards april/may/june/july, that's the dryer season.

Comments