2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 168% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• Muya's Profile Photo

Hotel Hibiscus

Great setting, we loved it !
    A perfect place for families with children. Cute bungalows, called "fare" in French Polynesia, set in a garden of palm trees above the sea. Each bungalow is topped with a palm tree roof and equipped with a small kitchenette and some kitchenware, a large bedroom with a double-bed + single bed and a bathroom with shower (small but functional). Typical Polynesian furniture, very nice too (except for the curtains...). A large window opens on the wooden terrace and the garden.

As Honeymooners, a basket of fruits was waiting for us in our room, among a myriad of flowers… very romantic :-)

We had our breakfast at the Sunset restaurant, just above the beach... a great way to start the day !

Unique Quality: You won't need any alarm clock in the morning... in fact the numerous roosters of the garden will wake you up for free, as early as 5 am :-) But that's the funny part of another lifstyle...

• easyoar's Profile Photo

Hotel Hibiscus

The room and the location were very good. The restaurant by the water is famous as a good place to watch sunsets and this was justifiable.

If you spoke to the mother who was overall in charge, she was great and very helpful. Her daughter Natalie seemed to be in it for the money, and went to every effort to sell expensive tours. She lost interest in us somewhat when we declined.

The thing that really upset us was when we needed to checkout quickly to catch the ferry back to Tahiti, and there was no-one on reception (we did get there a couple of minutes early). We found the receptionist with her feet up in the restaurant. We asked if we could checkout, and she simply said that she hadn't started working yet. eventually she got up and dragged her feet very very slowly over to reception and then took about 10 minutes to print an invoice.

Unique Quality: Nice rooms, but some of the staff leave a lot to be desired. I don't expect to be paying around $180 USD for a room per night and get treated like that! Note:- This is one of the BETTER value hotels on Moorea!!!! It is one hell of an expensive place.

More about Hotel Hibiscus

Nice, but with problems

by easyoar about Hotel Hibiscus, Moorea

I ended up driving the long way around the island as I knew there would be no traffic and I might be able to go 1 or 2 kms faster than I should... The only reason we caught the ferry was because the kind Avis lady was waiting right by the ferry for me. She threw me the deposit back, I threw her the keys, and we leapt on the ferry as it sailed away. My advice would be checkout the night before... Nice rooms, but some of the staff leave a lot to be desired. I don't expect to be paying around $180 USD for a room per night and get treated like that! Note:- This is one of the BETTER value hotels on Moorea!!!! It is one hell of an expensive place.

Beautiful sunsets

by Muya

A sunset in French Polynesia is an unforgettable memory...
The beach at hotel Hibiscus is a good place to watch the sun go down. The numerous coconut palm trees provide a beautiful background for sunset pictures

Snorkeling... of course !

by Muya

Various spots on Moorea are appropriate for snorkeling.
Those places are usually indicated on the various maps of the island you will receive everywhere.
Apart from Opunohu Bay and the Lagoonarium, we mainly remained around Hotel Hibiscus. Some of the rocks there homed pretty little and colorful fishes :-)

Hotel Hibiscus, MooreaHotel Hibiscus, Moorea