3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Papeete

War Memorial ParkWar Memorial Park

Town Hall (Mairie)Town Hall (Mairie)

To'ota SquareTo'ota Square

Territorial AssemblyTerritorial Assembly

Travel Tips for Papeete

Get on an ATV!!

by Geisha_Girl

One of the best ways to see the island.....AND get away from the congested roads.....is to get on an ATV! Henri Eskenazy is the man to see at "D-Tour" Tahiti.

Henri took us on a backroads adventure, His company, D-Tour Tahiti, based out of the lovely Hotel Beachcomber in Papeete, rents ATVs and guides you through these half-day or full day tours. If you'd prefer to enjoy your views on the crystal blue waters, Henri also rents Jet skis!

We had a great time touring the island on these bikes. Henri and Syb gave me a quick lesson on how to maneuver this big honker........since I had never ridden one in my life!!

All Henri had to say to me in his deep, sultry French accent was: "Just remember, YOU have the POWER!" That did it for me. I was ready to rock (not roll!) on the ATV!

It was a great trip through the island as we toured through beautiful coastal beaches, and lovely waterfalls....

D-TOUR" Tahiti
Henri ESKENAZY
BP 41640, 98713 PAPEETE
Polynésie Française

A Matter of Expectations

by Kakapo2

I was pleasantly surprised by Papeete, as after a lot of reading I had expected it to be the dirt hole of the South Pacific. Other people who had not read anything beforehand thought it was the dirt hole of the South Pacific. As you see, it all is a matter of expectations. I surely enjoyed the day in Tahiti and Papeete - less the night, as it was rather boring. Maybe we went to bed too early ;-)

Complete intro text and tips coming up soon.

Bali Hai Beach

by Weny

"Great Snorkeling right off the Hotel Beach!"

The hotel Bali Hai had wonderful snorkeling right off the beach. There were all kinds of beautiful fish. You could also take an outrigger out and snorkel off the boat. Unfortunately, the hotel was sold and is or was being renovated under new management. It was very charming and laid back hopefully it will be as nice ever!

"Moorean Mountains"

This is a pretty typical day in French Polynesia.

This was a great hike. We left early in the morning to reach the top of Trois Cocotiers. The hike mainly goes through a Mape and tree fern forest. it was pretty cool.

"Our hotel"

This is the restaurant for the Bali Hai and the outside patio.

"Walk on the Motu"

We took a walk on the motu and found one side that was wild and rugged and well as exceptionally beautiful.

"A great view"

We were driving around the island and stop to look at all the great view and boats in the bay.

"On our way to ANOTHER waterfall"

On our way to another waterfall, we saw this one on the way up. We wanted to find a way to see it up close but it was almost inaccessible.

Comments