4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

PO Box 6014, Point Tahiti, Papeete, Tahiti, 98702, French Polynesia

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 54% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Intercontinental is always Great!

We will be staying at this hotel in July 2014. I will update my tip with photos and my review while on travel. I like to start posting my travel tips as I book/make reservations as I use this as my itinerary as well.

More about InterContinental Resort Tahiti

Intercontinental Tahiti

by rcpage about Intercontinental Beachcomber Tahiti

Well we had one night booked here. First they let us down and did not have the two beach bungalows we had ordered but only one. Then they gave us a standard hotel room in the hotel block which had a view of Tahiti's main airport runway. Interesting but not what I expected. Good thing is that the air traffic in and out of Tahiti is pretty light although a fair bit is in the early hours.

The hotel is massive spread over acres. It is a village in its own right. Rooms were clean but I take that for granted when I stay at an Interconti. But no real apologies or offer of a free meal or drink or something for messing up the accommodation. Pretty poor.

My advice would be skip this hotel and go local even if the standard is very basic and save the cash to spend on better things. But if you like a holiday resort then this is for you. So many pools! Including an infinity pool. They also run special event nights with native dancing. Views are lovely.

AWFUL

Highly overpriced hotel with not much to offer.
, non- accomodating staff; there was no hot water - they moved us twice in order to find a room with hot water (the price of a room was $350/night- you expect for that price some service!) rude manager; no answer when you are calling to call for concierge- terrible hotel- don't waste your money to stay there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motu Overwater best choice on Tahiti

by TripAdvisor Member Mike1975

When you arrive from a long flight from Europe or at least from LA this is the perfect place to stay for about 4 to 5 nights. For the best experience of this resort you have to stay at a motu overwater bungalow ! Its amazing !

Please don`t waste your time taking the beachcomber on morea ! Theres no beach , there no overwater bungalows , the food is not good , etc etc. If you want to visit morea you better stay at the sofitel instead ! Beautifull beach !

Helpful staff, good food - Recommend it!

by TripAdvisor Member Maz_99

Spent 3 days and loved it.
Hotel and room was clean.
Staff were helpful.
Only had one bad experience with the main-pool towel man - rather rude!
Food quality and selection was good.
Service a bit slow at times, but nothing to get excited about.
Grounds are well kept, neat and clean.
Will post some photos

A good hotel for a one or two night stay

We arrived very late in Papeete for a two night stay before going on to Moorea. The staff was helpful and the room we had was a garden room. The room was very clean and better than I expected for a garden room. The buffet breakfast was very good and had plenty of choices. However, the price of the buffet is a bit high. We skipped the seafood buffet and watched the polynesian dance show from the bar. The size of the property is large and plenty of room to explore and in good condition. We would stay there again. It is close to the airport and easy to get to downtown by " LeTruck" for shopping (Black Pearls). There are more choices and shops for black pearls in Papeete than the other islands. Don't miss the big market its the best place to buy souveniers It is definately an experience. We didn't have enough time to see the rest of the island which I regret...maybe next time. Yes, Papeete is a big city and not attractive but what do you expect for a port city.

Had a good 3 days

We spent 3 days at the Intercontinental at Papeete and we were very happy with the accommodation. The rooms were well maintained as was the gardens and beautiful pool area.
Service was on "island time" - a little slow, but this was no great problem.
Staff were all very friendly and always pleasant, except for one, the pool towel attendant at the main pool, who refused to let us have a couple of beach towels because it was just before 5pm and he closed at 5pm!!! He was a little aggressive, banging on the signage that told guests that closing time was 5pm - quite unnecessary and very upsetting, but apart from that we had a great time. (So make sure you pick up your beach towel earlier in the day, as it is warm enough to swim till 6pm).
Can recommend a stay at this hotel.
If you're interested in the Tahitian dancing, they have that on Wednesday night, which we unfortunately missed, as we moved to Bora Bora mid-morning.
Nicole Couvaras

GREAT HOTEL FOR A SHORT STAY

by TripAdvisor Member gorjus330

My husband and I stayed at the Inetrcontinental Resort for 2 nights on arrival for our honeymoon. We had a garden room. Very nice, perfect for a 2 night stay. No need to stay in an overwater bungalow here. Save your $$ for the other overwater bungalows on the other islands like Bora Bora & Moorea. Many guests complained about them, because they found them not as nice as the ones on the other islands. This hotel is within minutes from the airport, which is a plus when you arrive late at night like most flights here.

This hotel has a great pool and nice grounds. It was never too crowded. The food selections were nice. I had one of the best Caesar salads I have ever eaten. The food is pricey, which runs the same as most of the hotels. Buffet breakfasts ran at almost $30 per person. Venture out to save money. The only thing I forewarn is the Le Lotus gourmet restaurant within the hotel. It's a gourmet restaurant, that has a wonderful ambiance. But the food was a bit strange for me and my husband for where we are from. For example, the fish soup looked and tasted like it came out of the TV show Fear Factor. yuk! It just wasn't for us. But the service was incredible.

I did not get to explore the Island of Tahiti. I was told before I booked the trip, that there is not much to do there. 3 nights is more than plenty. Many guests leave after the first or second night. This is just to stop over before you leave to the other islands which hold so much more. I enjoyed my stay here & I would definitely stay here again if I returned! Hope this was helful & enjoy!

Tahiti - Bora Bora - Morea

by axelebert

"The beauty of Bora Bora"

Bora Bora means raised by the gods (out of the darkness). The island probably has the most beautiful Lagoon in the world. I stayed in Hotel Maitai, a rare 3-star hotel. The picture is taken from Motu Piti Aau und the Hotel Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa. More pictures and a map at Axel Ebert Slideshow Tahiti

"Polynesian Tradition"

Marae Arahurahu on Tahiti Island is the biggest and most beautiful archaeological site in French Polynesia, standing for the traditional Polynesian religion as no other place around. The place can be reached by the local bus, heading to Paea. Another place recommended for lovers of art is the Gauguin Museum with 25 original works.

"Polynesian Dance"

The Hotel Intercontinental Resort Tahiti has dance shows every Friday and Saturday during dinner. Les Grands Ballets de Tahiti provide an extraordinary performance, one evening is a mixture of traditional dances and the other is the story of the Bounty.

Getting There

by brunopion

"Air Tahiti Nui"

Personaly, I think that Air Tahiti Nui is one of the best airlines in the world. Of course there are a lot of rivals out there. Anyways, your choices are going to be with the best fares of course, then after that none of them are bad on these destinations. You would choose either Air France, Air New Zealand, Air Tahiti Nui, Qantas, Delta... Also, a lot of these flights are code shared, so you never know exactly what banner you will be flying under. My advice would be to get on a flight that generates from Los Angeles, to get to Papeete before the sun sets...

"The Beachcomber-Intercontinental - Papeete"

Needless to say this is one heck of a Hotel!
It is absolutely gorgeous, and it is always nice to relax one night, get a taste of the islands, before jumping on the inter-islang flight the next morning. The over the water bungalow are a must try. I am glad I did this once, but on my other trips, the normal rooms were just as fine. One thing, not to miss the breakfast with the views on the lagoon and the gardens!
Photo Courtesy of GW.

"Inter-Island Flights"

On our way to Bora Bora... I have read in other comments, as well as guide books, that you should sit on one specific side of the plane...Well, it doesn't matter, because first you never know what route the pilot is going to take : The approach on Bora could be from one side or the other, so it's always a gamble. Also both sides have an interest. There are so many atolls and islands that you will get your share of colors. Also, most of these flights have unanounced-quick stop overs, which will delay your arrival, but which will feast your eyes. I discovered other islands that I wanted to go to, just by having the plane make a stop on one of them!

Comments