Lafayette Beach, PK 7, Arue, Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia

Orbitz.com Splendia.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Unwelcoming

I was with a group of friends and we all felt the same.
    They made errors in our booking (which we had to prove to them), we were told we were making too much noise around the pool (at 4pm), there was one horrible woman that loved the sound of her own voice and is totally in the wrong industry.
    Resort is lovely, but I think starting to run down.. low bookings?.
    Doesn't help being 7km from town with unreliable public transport and last bus at 4pm. They have a free shuttle twice a day, but limited seats and you have to book.
    Food overpriced and not good.

Unique Quality: Pool and rooms beautiful.

Directions: A long way from city

More about Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti

Stay Away ... this is NO resport!!!

Let me get to the core issue … there is NO SERVICE at this “resort”! My family and I spent two nights in this establishment and experienced a weeks’ worth of frustrating situations. We found ants, ants; ants throughout our suite … after three attempts … two, phoning the front desk … once, going to the front desk in person … I finally, on the second day obtained a spray can of bug killer from the manager on duty. Never once did housekeeping come and spray as requested. This should not have surprised me since they never cleaned our coffee mugs … I know this for a fact … on our first morning I made my wife and I a hot drink … after pouring hot water and coffee into one mug I noticed a leak at the bottom of the mug … funny the next day I had the same exact leak in that same mug … hygiene is not one of the establishments concerns! In keeping with the lack of service we experienced … it took two days to get a box of tissues ... housekeeping did
not replenish our toilet paper. While we had four people in our suite we had only 3 pillows … when we finally got our fourth pillow the second night we received it without a pillow case … for four people we had two robes … our request for a full complement of robes for our party was never honored. We were hoping to unwind in the establishments Jacuzzi … this was not possible since it was broken.

Bottom-line … Radisson Plaza Resort Tahiti has an uncaring and un-attentive staff … you DON’T GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Lovely, Friendly, Pleasant experience

by TripAdvisor Member Cosmotologist

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Plaza Resort in Papeete Tahiti December 8 and 9th 2005. This was prior to leaving on the 10th for a cruise on the Paul Gauguin. We used the travel advisor as a guide in booking our hotel stay. We found it very helpful, and after talking with guests at other hotels on the island we determined we had made the right choice. We found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and accomandating. We knew before hand the beach was black, and indeed it was. however the pool was quite nice. We booked a meal plan and that was a very good decision as the food is very expensve. We also knew ahead of time the food service was slow, and it was. So we just relaxed. Hey we were on vacation.
There isn't much to see or do on the island but the resort was very relaxing and prepared us for a beautiful cruise. I would have no problem recommending the hotel. I understand from some of our information we gathered it is the newest property on the beach.

Two thumbs up!

by TripAdvisor Member Kozoo

First our bio, (so you can tell if our review is worth reading). My wife and I are newlyweds. We love experiencing cultures of the world and don't judge the people just because we're in culture shock of how different they live. We're both young professionals who enjoy spending money on terrific accomidations, but are always looking for great deals for travel.

On this trip we took advantage of a deal from Air Tahiti Nui for a very inexpensive layover arrangement with this hotel. Since our flight arrived at about 10pm we needed just a place to crash for the night before our stay in Moorea over the next week.

First off however, the hotel is about 30mins away from the airport, which is more on the medium-long side of taxi rides($4000 fp) and through and past the city of Papeete(20min from Radisson) where you catch the ferries to Moorea and the other islands of French Polynesia.

Our stay at the Radission was very surprising at first. Expecting a modest room, because we had only paid about $30 bucks for the night, we were upgraded immediately to a two story, one bedroom suite. So nice that we actually wanted to stay longer than just one night at that rate. In actuality, I did mess up our booking at our next destination because of the international time zone change, we had one day without hotel accomidations. Well, I didn't have to freak out too long, because after short discussion with the hotel manager, we were able to stay one more day at that same rate!

The grounds were very nice, with access to the black sand beaches and water sports. The pool was beautiful. Obviously, the food was ridiculously priced. About $8500 fpd, or $85 US dollars for brunch buffet, which was our first and last meal at this resort.

Anyways, great surprise for the island of Tahiti.

Nice place, Service just OK

by TripAdvisor Member ohiowanderer

My son and I stayed for two nights en route to New Zealand in Dec. On the Air Tahiti (a great airline, by the way)website, we got a good rate at the hotel - $70 a night. Our overnight flight from LAX arrived very early in the morning. We rented a car and drove to the Radisson. Our room wasn't ready but they stored our luggage in a locked storage room while we drove around the island. Our room was very nice and the pool is fabulous. We asked for two beds and were assured it had two beds but ended up having a king sized bed. We had a few little problems - we couldn't figure out how to turn on the lights. Turned out you have to insert your room card into a slot. Our room card didn't work on the second day and required several trips to the front desk to resolve it. Our coffee making tray lacked creamer and we never got it despite calls to the front desk.
We went to Moorea on the second day and the hotel has a safe at the front desk to leave valuables we didn't want to take nor leave in the room.
We had read about the expense of the food so we bought food in town and ate it in our room. There are no restaurants within walking distance.
Also be aware that Le Truck doesn't operate after dark and taxis aren't always easy to find.
One evening there was a private party at the hotel that featured local Tahitian dancers. I peeked in the door and watched a great show.
I would stay there again. But if I were to do it again, I would take the ferry to Moorea and stay two days there as the beaches are lovely.

Sanctuary in Paradise

A truly breathtaking resort. Courteous and extremely professional staff from groundskeepers to management. Beautiful rooms with great views. Spectacular fine black sand beach that stretches for a mile, great for romantic walks. A beautiful pool if you find the ocean too daunting. A totally enjoyable experience. This hotel rates as one of the best 5 stars we have ever stayed in.

Very unspectacular!

The rooms were lovely but the restaurant staff and food were less than impressive. Mediocre food and service. Were woken everyday by either lawn mowers or building works. Possibly the noisiest hotel I've stayed in! Reception staff were fantastic though - but that's all that impressed us. Not recommended for more than 2 nights.

Very Satisfactory

by TripAdvisor Member tourist095

The service was much better than I expected from other comments made on this web site. The staff definitely has its act together. The rooms were luxurious and the pool was fantastic. The included breakfast buffet was very good.

Dirty Sheets Robot Service No Service Hotel is running on shoestring

Dirty Sheets with Bugs. This was what we had at this Hotel. We had just arrived from Moorea and wanted to shop in Papeete. We arrive by ferry and we took a long long expensive taxi ride to the Radisson Plaza NO RESORT Tahiti. We did not know it was so far awary, We arrive and were greeted by Robots that know this hotel will not be open much longer. We walked into our dirty floor room and said oh well and then saw the tiny bed on the floor with ants for my 11 year old. I ask for another room they move us telling us the hotel is full. What a laugh. They wish. They move us but this room was just the same except for we had two double beds. We all go to the beach but had to walk through the dining room in our bathing suits to get to the black sand beach. The water was so warm it was fun. The recreation closed due to lack of business. So NO recreation at all. Kids asked for a mask and they had one dirty one. Pool was nice I will say that. We ran out of sunscreen and the hotel had NO stores. They all moved out due to lack of business. So we had to spend $20.00 US dollars to go into town to get a few simple items that are usually at a little store in the hotel. We had a fun dinner meaning they could not get ANY of the order correct. It was a comedy act. We went to our room and took a shower to find only one towel. We called for more towels they brought a wash towel. WE called back for BIG towels and shampoo. They brought towels this time and lotion. Funny again. Then we went to bed and OH MY. MY BED HAD BUGS IN IT. Manager came to look OH I AM SO SORRY IN PERFECT FRENCH. They changed the sheets and then I tucked the kids in. I went to get in my bed and OH YUCK. THE SHEETS HAD YELLOW STAINS AND BLACK HAIR ATTACHED TO...... THESE SHEETS WERE USED BY A HONEYMOON COUPLE THEY WERE LET ME SAY DIRTY. The manager came up and again said he was sorry. They changed the sheets and I was finally in bed. The noise all night from the street kept us awake. oh well we were leaving the next day for Home. I complained and had an stuffy arogant man tell me that there is nothing we can do. I felt sorry that this man had to work in this awful hotel. The next day they did give me one night free. But how they run this hotel and with all the stores and sport companies leaving the hotel for lack of business I bet it will only get worse. Stay at the BeachComber, inter continental We did the last time and it was so much nicer. Oh by the way. Breckfast was for only the Japanese at the hotel.

Fantastic stay

by TripAdvisor Member Amanvari

Cannot believe that we stayed at the same hotel as described by others. The service was great. After a 23 hr flight from South Africa our travel agent had forgotten to take into account the date change crossing the International date line so we arrived a day early. The hotel staff took seconds to sort this out and organised 2 rooms immediately. The room decor is 5 star; though the bath access is too high for older or shorter people. Huge Patio. top grade furnishings. The infinity edge pool is beautiful and the black sand beach was a wonderful treat. What an exotic experience. Do all beaches need to be white?? The water in the sea was crystal clear and as warm as a bath and we bobbed in the surf for hours. The sand is like silk. We enjoyed our food thoroughly. And Ok maybe everything is not first world spot on, but the meal choices and lovely local jams and pasteries at breakfeast were lovely. Room internet worked perfectly and not too expensive. Great for a 1 or 2 night stay before further exploration. Staff were always friendly though sometimes their shy manner could be misinterpreted. Lovely hotel especially at the price. We got a pre cruise special for the MS Paul Gaugin

Comments