Royal Papeete

War Memorial ParkWar Memorial Park

To'ota SquareTo'ota Square

Territorial AssemblyTerritorial Assembly

Territorial AssemblyTerritorial Assembly

please help - emigration to french polynesia

by Turbojugend

hi and hello.
i want and will leave my current country for many reasons and i want to live in french polynesia, i.e. tahiti.
i am most serious about this as this is very important to me and it will change my future greatly.

can anyone give me any advice, or help me concerning this subject?

i will gratefully work anywhere and learn anything needed. i'll be 26 soon.
i don't want to see paradise on tv, i want to live in it. and i want to work.
i speak french better than worse and i learn languages very quickly.

if anyone can help me my future will be less difficult.

for suggestions and help please contact me under shushu@email.com

RE: please help - emigration to french polynesia

by Zod66

If you're not French or Tahitian, your chances of living in French Polynesia are very remote. There are only two ways of achieving this: 1)You have to be VERY rich (talking millions) or 2)have a skill that no Tahitian or French person has. You might want to look at another Pacific Paradise. Fiji are calling out for any building trade and you'll get residency in a heartbeat.

Travel Tips for Papeete

Even the dogs are laid back!

by Geisha_Girl

Our time spent on Papeete reminded me so much of my days living in Hawaii. That local-style, laid back culture was something I had missed for so many years.

On Papeete, time just goes so slowly.....even throughout all the traffic and tons of people on the streets, you still get a feel of that easy going, friendly, island culture.

We were even informed by the locals of just how SAFE this place is. Locals don't even bother turning off their cars when they have a quick item to pick up in the corner shop. No one locks their doors......turns off their motors........and you can even see it in their local canine just how stress-free and relaxed they are.

We could learn a lot from the Tahitians!!

Town Hall

by Helga67

The town hall of Papeete is the most impressive building in the city. It's a replica of Queen Pomare's royal palace that once stood at Place Tarahoi. The elaborate building with crystal chandeliers and pink marble imported from Italy was inaugurated in 1990

Papeete & Moorea

by Boomer69

"Layover in Papeete and Moorea"

Was on a flight from LAX to Auckland NZ via Air Tahiti (GREAT AIRLINE!!!) - but can't say anything good about my stay in Tahiti... Spent the 1st nite in some dump, the name escapes me right now - but is the "usual" stop over for those that catch the late flight and change planes in Papeete... "Royal something" was the name... Errr - I dunno - will research and add later... And based on some reviews here, reserved 5 days/nights at the Bali Hai in Moorea... Also a timeshare dump...! The scenery is AWESOME - but as far as "night life" and things to do... Non-existant (as I was warned by peeps here on VT)... Highlight of the trip was some scuba on Moorea and one night out with some folks from a cruise ship that had docked in Papeete... I didnt research the weather, and whilst it was sunny and 100*F every day I was there in March, it was VERY humid - even the locals were complaining.. I also was introduced to the Tahitian centipede or millipede - Still not sure what crawled into my bed (Papeete 5th floor!!!!) and bit the hell out of my leg! Still have 2 scars there 10 months later :-( Not pleasant.. And my French is a little rusty, so trying to explain what had happened to the local "Chemist" (Pharmacy/DOC) was humorous... All in all, it was "ok" - but next time will take Qantus or NZ air direct - and skip Tahiti... Beautiful place - but not worth the stop if you are traveling alone... Just my opinion... Oh the water shuttle between Papeete and Moorea is pretty cool too - about 45 mins... Better than the hassles at the airport - and for you yankees - be aware that the exchange rate for PFC vs. US$ is outragous - as are prices.. I left my deodorant in the 1st hotel - and a "stick" cost me $24 US!!!! Yikes! Good luck!

Comments