BP 3410, Tamae, Maharepa, Moorea, 98713, French Polynesia

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa

Moorea Pearl Resort

by TripAdvisor Member trojans#1

Just got back. Nice resort with great service. Stayed in the premium beach bungelow. Must go to Te Honu Iti, best restaurant on the island. Alfredo's is not very good. Do not get the steak at Le Mahogany. They have the best Poisson Cru on the island. Rent a car and drive over to Le Bateau, floating restaurant for a late lunch and good mai tai's. Shark feeding/manta ray feeding was alot of fun. For a romantic dinner have the table and chairs put next to the water at the resort restaurant with the tiki torches.

Moorea Pearl only Place to Stay on Moorea

by TripAdvisor Member Kiwi_in_San_Diego

We spent 6 days at the Moorea Pearl right before Xmas. Weather was gorgeous. We had a family suite with a loft (2 adults, 2 kids). Rooms were always very clean and no bugs in the rooms. The room even had a plug in mozzie machine gadget provided. Food was to die for, just delicious. Get the meal plan though before you travel, otherwise food is very expensive. Worthwhile to hire a car and travel around the Island one day. Only 60 kms to get around the Island. Not alot for the younger kids to do. Our kids were happy snorkeling and swimming. One table tennis table was available. Take games and water sport games for younger kids. Remember to book into the restaurant when you arrive for each night that you are there, as the first on the list for that night reserved gets the best tables.

Moorea Pearl, Start your Fr. Poly Trip Here

by TripAdvisor Member beartrax79

I'd give the Moorea Pearl an above average versus an excellent. My wife and I had booked a Moorea Pearl/Bora Bora Pearl package through Islands in the Sun.

The Moorea Pearl had its perks. Walking distance to some shops and a couple of banks was one. The pool was wonderful and the lagoon drop-off on the furthest overwater bungalows had some very good snorkeling. The sunsets were magnificent also.

The staff was friendly and appreciate it immensely if you try to speak French or Tahitian. You'll get better than great service if you make an effort. Keep an eye out for fresh pineapple at the equipment check-out desk.

We were fortunate enough to book a beach bungalow and get upgraded to an overwater on arrival and from what I hear we got really lucky. Apparantly anyone on land (garden/beach/etc) was contending with black flies in the evenings.

Of our two Pearl spots, Moorea was definitely the more social location. Couples periodically met up with other couples and then would share drinks on each others' bungalow balconies. Evenings some times turned into an all-out collegiate spring break atmosphere after drinking topless in the sun all day. That isn't bad if you are simply going on vacation, but you need to decide if that's what you want for your honeymoon.

All in all, the Moorea Pearl gets a thumbs up from my wife and I. That "spring break" feeling only happened one day, and we thought the place was otherwise wonderful. However, we were astounded at the upgrade when hitting the Bora Bora Pearl. If thinking about the two, definitely go Moorea then Bora Bora (versus the reverse).

P.S. - Definitely not a child-friendly location. Pretty much couples only on this place. Oh, and the private pool garden bugalows were not worth it in my opinion.

The name says it " Its really a Pearl"

I had the best vacation I've ever had. The Moorea Pearl is an excellent resort. The rooms were very clean, they even decorate the room with fresh flowers daily, the food was great, the people were very friendly and very helpful in every way asked of them. I'd give the Pearl an A+++++ rating. I would highly reccomend the Moorea Pearl Resort for a vaction that you'll remember as one of the best vacations that you've ever taken. The Island is very beautiful and laid back! great place just to go and relax or exciting things to do and see. Check with Albert tours for all the best prices and great activities. I am definitely planing a return trip.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member chipsahoy

We stayed at the Moorea Pearl Resort for 5 nights prior to our Tahitian Princess Cruise. It is a beautiful hotel with lovely rooms. Very spacious. They upgraded us to a bungalow with private plunge pool. That was very nice because our weather was very hot and sunny. This hotel came with the breakfast and dinner plan and was well worth it. The food is very good and included an appetizer, entree and desert and you are definately stuffed after that. The hotel has the most beautiful pool on the entire island. It is an infinity pool and the temperature was great. Did not find the snorkeling very good though. Over water bungalows looked very nice but not worth the money in my opinion. Much nicer to have your own private garden. Overall our experience was great. They also have a very good scuba operation - Moorea Blue Diving, right on site. Beach is small but suitable. Would definately recommend this hotel. Quiet and lovely scenery.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member IslandPine

We spent 5 days in Moorea at the Pearl and it was absolutely wonderful. We of course visited Trip Advisor and I must say the other reviewers were dead on in their reviews –thanks! (I feel like I owe this site something, so that’s why I’m writing a quick review). All the suggestions on restaurants, activities were exact – Do the 4X4 tour, go to Alfredo’s, Carmeline's for lunch, etc. The little town is actually only a 5 min walk from the hotel, just as reviewers have stated. And it’s a great way to save some money and sample some local flavor (Beer in your room is 500 XPF while 6 cans at the store is 300XPF – not being cheap, just being smart.
Breakfast was fabulous (see my photo from the breakfast table), the people were awesome (both staff and other guests), and the rooms were exceptional. For the many grooms that will read this, take my advice, the OWB may seem like a gimmick now (that’s what I thought), but when you are actually there, they are worth every penny! The views are fabulous (check out my photos) and they are very well appointed. (Plus, you’ve read the reviews mentioning rooster’s right? They are true, so another plus, roosters can’t swim, so you won’t have to experience any at your OWB).
We also spent 5 days in Bora Bora and I can honestly say if I did the trip all over again (and only had a week this time) I would stay the full trip in Moorea (if I had more time I would go to another island as well). There are less people than in BB, friendlier than BB and probably the best hotel in Moorea and Bora Bora combined (that is until the new Ritz in BB opens). All the other people that we met at the Moorea Pearl that continued on to BB and stayed at various other hotels there agreed – Moorea Pearl was the best.

Perfection!

We booked our honeymoon at the very last minute so we didn't have a lot of time to research the different resorts, so we weren't sure what to expect. It turned out to be the honeymoon of a lifetime! Our first night, we stayed in a garden bungalow, and it was lovely. It had a small private pool just off our porch. We decided to upgrade to an over water bungalow on our second night, and it was magnificent! The room was beautifully decorated, and there were fresh flowers all over the room. There was a window in the floor where we could look down to the water and see all kinds of fish swimming along. The best part was that there was a light you could turn on that lit the water up at night, causing the most beautiful reflections on the thatched ceiling. There were big lounge chairs on the deck, where my husband and I spent many hours soaking up the sunshine, listening to the waves, and watching the wind blow through the palm trees. It was so much fun to have access to the water from our room ~ we would often swim to shore rather than take the boardwalk!

The staff was so incredibly warm and friendly, it brings a tear to my eye when I think of them. There was an activities desk by the pool, and they helped us plan wonderful activities everyday we were there ~ from a tour of the island, to an amazing educational dolphin watching trip with Dr. Michael Poole. They have ocean kayaks that you can use for free, and we took advantage of that several times to explore the reef. They have a beautiful zero gravity pool.

We had full board during our stay, and the food was to die for. Breakfast each morning included a beautiful spread of fresh fruits, croissants, and my favorite, fresh local jams! We had a nice selection each night for dinner, and my husband who is a vegetarian didn't have a problem. We each got to choose an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert. The restaurant is open air, and all the tables have a view of the ocean. Tahitian dancers entertained us as we ate twice during our stay. We were there during American Thanksgiving, and they had a huge celebration! There was no turkey or stuffing :) but they had a HUGE spread of local treats with lots of seafood.

There are a few shops, cafes, and a small market within walking distance of the resort, which was a huge plus.

I cannot say enough good things about this resort ~ it was truly a honeymoon beyond my wildest dreams!

Honeymoon in Paradise

We just got back from our honeymoon. We loved this resort and all of the excursions in Moorea. May I suggest, the moana lagoon picnic...WOW! Play with rays, snorkel, and watch black tip reef sharks from 2 ft in front of you. We stayed in the Overwater Bungalow, which we loved and could not see much difference in ours and the deluxe overwater other than the dropoff. The welcome staff was great and everyone was so friendly. Every night our bed was turned down for us while we were enjoying dinner. Can't wait to go back in 10!!!

Loved it, not the food

by TripAdvisor Member gorjus330

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in an overwater bungalow for 4 nights in Moorea. Our second destination out of three in French Polynesia.

It was a nice hotel, with good service. We were actually upgraded from a beach bungalow to an overwater bungalow which was appreciated. The employees were very helful and friendly. I recommend this hotel to guests that don't mind leaving the resort for dining out. Being from New York, I think we have high expectations of food because of the number of options that are available to us...but the food was absolutely terrible here. This is important to keep in mind, because the menu is very limited, and the food is not good at all. The buffet breakfasts were the only aspect of our dining that was good. We were forced to order out and visit local restaurants. I do highly recommend nearby La Sud & also Mahogany restaurant! Very friendly owners & staff, excellent service, and a great selection of delicious food.

The dinner buffets at this hotel are a complete ripoff. Avoid making a reservation for Polynesian night. They jack up the price, and it was terrible. I stayed at Le Meridien in Bora Bora. A higher class resort, that had an amazing selection at their buffet at cheaper prices, and they don't increase the rate on Polynesian night.

I am able to say the food here was terrible because the two other hotel we visited on other islands had wonderful buffets, and delicious food! Otherwise the hotel was wonderful. I just think that your menu options are very important when vacationing. Definitely consider this! Good luck.

Need Opinions/Advice on Moorea Hotels

by cruisermlb

Just found this site and this is my first posting. We'll be cruising on the Tahitian Princess in a few months (first time in Tahiti) and plan to stay on Moorea for 2 nights prior to our cruise. We cannot afford an overwater bungalow. At first we, and another couple, we thinking of staying at Club Bali Hai. However, a former Club Bali Hai timeshare owner said it has become quite run down and needs much cosmetic work and refurbishment. We don't want to get TOO basic, so at this time we are trying to find good rates at: Sofitel Ia Ora, Moorea Pearl or Intercontinental Beachcomber Moorea. Anyone stayed at any of these? Opinions? Advice? Good/bad points of these hotels? Any other recommendations? How to get the best rate.? Our only other idea is to stay on Tahiti at Le Meridien. We just want the nicest experience possible considering our short stay. (We have our airfare so can't buy a pkg. deal.) Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Need Opinions/Advice on Moorea Hotels

by colin_bramso

We stayed at the Beachcomber a few years back. Great location & facilities, the rooms were very good, the overwater bungalows sensational. I can recommend it.

Comments