221 Lake View Drive, Yona, Guam

Leo Palace Resort
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Is Leo Palace in Guam or Japan?

I am originally from Guam but live in Korea. I was on vacation on Guam and stayed at the Leo Palace Resort. I expect to be greated either in English or Chamorro on the phone and in person but instead I was greeted in Japanese. Do I look Japanese? Japanese people are not the only people that stay at the LeoPalace hotel. I meet many people from different countries there and they all told me that they were treated the same as me. It should be Hello Mr. or Hafa Adai ... it begs me to question if I am on Guam or in Japan. I really enjoyed our stay at Leo Palace with a few exceptions. The hotel is getting older and it will take money to renovate and bring up the standards of the hotel. Parts that I would like for them to focus on are the inside of the hotel. I have stayed here a few times and recommended this hotel to our soccer team. The moment you walk into the elevators the smell of musk and mold is prominent. Once inside the room at 3 in the morning you must turn on all the lights because it still does not provide proper lighting. The ice bucket does not fit the ice machine and the ice machine does not produce enough ice per hotel complex. Most hotels around the world that I have stayed at provides wireless capability not this one. I was happy to see that a cable was provided for internet hook up. Every morning my team ate at the breakfast buffet; if you see us for three days and one of my players’s lost his ticket on the last day - why charge me the full price for that one player? The waitress told me to tell the front desk the reason why my player did not pay and we would reimburse but I was still charged. Luckily we left at midnight and the waitress was already off shift or else I would have demanded she pay for telling me the wrong information. It was in our contract prior to staying at the hotel. The water and drinks that was placed in the refrigerator as complimentary does not have an expiration date on it. How can I trust that the drinks have not been in there that long? The hotel staff was very helpful and tried to accommodate our traveling soccer team. The front desk told me that I had made arrangements for transportation for my players to go to the airport by taxi but I never did. Who goes to the airport by taxi when the hotels usually provide a shuttle for a five star hotel? I cancelled it and did not get charged.

Unique Quality: The soccer field was well maintained and the staff really went out of their way to give us equipment and room to do what we needed to train on. As an individual I can use all the facilities on the complex but when I want to conduct training or have a pickup game I must pay for the use of the field. I originally was told I had to pay $100. per hour for the field until I told them that this was for high school aged players and they went down on price to $50. per hour. Please someone post how much they usually pay because I want to know the difference and to see if I really got a great deal. The pool facilities close at 6pm? Why? That is way too early especially since we are running training all through the day and there is nowhere for my players to go and relax or cool down. Most hotels on Guam lets you swim till late in the night. A Tumon bay Resort even lets you swim at midnight in the sprinkling rain...now that I really enjoyed! Also the security is not doing there jobs...I had to go and tell the people a few doors done to turn down the music and stop yelling. I am sure that there were underaged drinking going on but before I could get security the young kids had already left the area.

Directions: In the middle of the Jungle of Yona! A great place to have secluded training sessions for soccer but limited to the amount of activities for teens at night!

Comments