Australia and Oceania Hotels

Our Members Say

• reantan profile photo reantan
  • Reviews: 2

Beach hotel byron bay: Byron Beach

For making your holiday and the tour fun loving,and if you are interested to passed your holidays on beaches like Beach hotel byron bay, because i spend it out my last vacation to this place, very enormous and affordable to your pocket if you wanna plan to this place visit to : http://byronbeachresort.blogspot.com

Most Lavish and affordable beach resort

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 9, 2012

Beach hotel byron bay

• reantan profile photo reantan
  • Reviews: 2

Byron Beach Resort: Beach resort byron bay

If you want to find the best accommodation near beaches Beach resort byron bay , is the nice place to stay and enjoy the accommodation and there services , with lovely holidays...Please check out these http://byronbeachresort.blogspot.in/search/label/beach%20resort%20byron%20bay

Byron Beach Resort is the only place to enjoy an affordable 100% Byron Bay experience. New facilities, friendly staff & our beachside location make us a natural choice, perfect for independent travelers, couples & family

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written August 9, 2012

Byron beach resort

The old Postoffice Guest House: a great place in old architecture

I did not stay in this hotel/guesthouse, but I saw it from OUTside and as it was the only place that offered accomodation in Nelligen, I thought it might be helpfull to find some pics and booking-infos here, in case somebody is travelling in that area, east of Canberra.

What I like most is the great architecture and the lovely restoration, the small terraces right in front of the rooms, where you can sit and enjoy the day.
See some more photos, also of the interior, when clicking on the link below !

• Related to: Photography, Architecture, Family Travel
  • Written March 18, 2012

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bushranger Motor Inn: not only for bushrangers - hopefully !!!

I did not stay in this hotel, but I thought it might be helpful for other VTers, to see some contacting-details here, when they plan to travel to this part of NSW/Australia.

This 4-star-motel/hotel is in the middle of the village, next to the main road, so it will be easy to be found. Did you see the shindles of the building, made of flat stones - my 4th picture.
This building dates back to the year 1864

• Related to: Architecture, Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written March 17, 2012

next to the monument for the 1st settlers: a free campingsite

Next to the park where you find the monument for the 1st settlers you will find a large area, where camping is free over night and so I stayed there in my motorhome togeather with about 20 other campers.

Toilets and washing-facilities are available there, there is a small river next to it, some sitting-area with tables and benches and cooking-facilities like you will find them on many picknick-places in Australia. For children you will also find a playground !

• Related to: Budget Travel, Motorcycle, Road Trip
  • Written February 27, 2012

Central Hotel: the only Hotel that I saw there

I did not stay in this hotel, but the Eugowra Central Hotel is the only hotel that I saw in that quite small village and so I thought I better post it here with the booking-details.

You will find a lot of good parking-spaces closeby the hotel !

• Related to: Architecture, Backpacking, Photography
  • Written February 22, 2012

The Willow Tree Inn: a motel along the road

I did not stay at this hotel, but had a short rest there and thought it might be interesting for VTers travelling in that area, that there is a good hotel next to the road and find the contact-numbers here as well.

The hotelrooms were built in the backside of the area, in quite a distance from the road, so they should be quite calm at night, but trafic is not very heavy there during the day as well.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written February 9, 2012

Bank Hotel: the only hotel that I saw in Dungog

The Bank Hotel was the only hotel that I saw in Dungog and it dates back to the year 1875. This building was first built as a private residence for James Walker, a local business man and it even included a 17.000 gallion watertank underground. This hotel is opposite of the large street-crossing where you will find the roundabout with that strange column in its centre.

I did not stay in that hotel but I though it might be of interest for some VTers to have the contact-details here, when you click on my link below !
bankhoteldungog@bigpond.com

• Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining, Road Trip
  • Written January 23, 2012

Central Hotel Stroud: right in the centre of the village

This is the only pub and hotel that I saw in Stroud. This hotel dates back to the year 1913 and for its program and offers, take a look at my link below !

I did not stay in that hotel, but I thought somebody else might be interested in its facilities and so I mentioned it here including phone-numbers and web-page.
click here for more infos regarding accomodation-facilities

• Related to: Budget Travel, Food and Dining, Backpacking
  • Written January 21, 2012

Central Hotel Stroud

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rest & revive in Stroud: a great place to spend the night in a camper

This car-parking in Stroud is one of the many rest-places that you will find in NSW and it is equipped with a public toilet and a place for a picknick.
I parked my car there - it actually had a bed inside as well and spent the night there totally unharmed by anyone and even the mossies gave me a brake.

This place is lighted all night and the toilets stay open as well all night.

• Related to: Road Trip, Camping, Budget Travel
  • Written January 21, 2012

Boorowa Blue Metal Motel: right behind the Boorowa Hotel

There are various possibilities to stay overnight in Boorowa and this Motel might be a good one, but I just saw it from outside and slept in my motorhome/car instead.
This Motel is right behind the Hotel Boorowa, but obviously it is under another management.
Hotel Boorowa has another 14 hotelrooms.

This Motel is set back a bit from the main road and also in a distance of just about 50 meters from the public swimmingpool.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written December 12, 2011
Tip Photo

• tropicrd profile photo tropicrd
  • Reviews: 260

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Queensland caravan parks and touring accomodation: QLD caravan parks and touring accomodation

Hi--I agree with Lynnehamman.I would start in Cairns-that way you are more likely to avoid the wet season and being flooded in or out up north--even though there are long stretches of driving there are lots of places you can visit off the highway.Tully,Mission Beach,Cardwell,Ingham,Townsville,Bowen a town south of Townsville is worth a visit.Whitsundays and Airlie Beach,Macay,
Hervey Bay with lots of little towns along the way but off the main highway.
Lots of backpacker and camping areas along the way--that time of the year shouldn't be a problem as it isn't school holidays.Then continue your trip to Brisbane and onto Melbourne.You can get in touch with this website for touring accomodation and caravan parks on--
www.caravanqld.com.au

This is a well described caravan and touring accomodation which has maps,costs,and facilities in all regions of queensland.
Most campers and caravaners use it as their bible.
It is updated every year.
Costs vary for sites but most are around the $20 --$25 for a powered site.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written September 21, 2009
Tip Photo

One of the many caravan parks in QLD

• mavis77 profile photo mavis77
  • Reviews: 4

Palace Backpackers Hostel: backpackers accomodation in Brisbane City Centre

If your looking for comfortable but budget accomodation in Brisbane we stayed at the Palace Backpackers Hostel ('People's Palace') in the Brisbane city, which was $26 a night for a 6 bed mixed shared room, but they also had single rooms. It was a very friendly place, with the centre of Brisbane only about a minutes walk away. (The transit centre is also that close with trains and buses). They have a lovely rooftop with tables and bbqs etc up there and the 'Down Under Bar' is directly underneath. ($2 shots for ladies!) We still had a good nights sleep though..! A very comfortable place to stay.

Rooftop access with many backpackers hanging out there, clean rooms, bedding provided, cutlery and crocery for a deposit, many Clubs and Pubs short walk away, with a very rocking one directly underneath the backpackers - 'The Down Under Bar', walking distance to all the best shops in Brisbane, markets on the weekends, cafes and outdoor shows/ festivals at Southbank Park. The Tresury Casino is also right there in the Queen Street Mall (the main shopping strip). Basically, if you stay here you are within walking distance to most of Brisbane's best attractions!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Singles, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written July 13, 2008

The down under bar!

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

Werri Beach Holiday Park: Scenic Beachfront Holiday Park

This holiday park is not surprisingly very popular as it is beachfront and I have made sure we get a truly beachfront cabin.

We were not disappointed! We could hear the waves at our balcony and we could even see the picturesque sand dunes and of course the ocean waves! The only downside was the weather- it was too windy, sunny but still cool. However this did not stop the boys from going to the beach! I was happy enough to enjoy the spectacular waves and the lovely views as far as the eyes could see! It was October, start of spring school holiday and this part of the south coast was really cold and windy but still magical.

Our self contained cabin has two bedrooms, with tv, well stocked kitchen (for utensils and appliances), not that I cooked often! We have a spa in the bathroom though the kids always enjoy playing at the resort's pool and games room. There is als oa kids' club which the boys joined once just for a fedw hours and then the remaining days they decided they were too old for the activites!

There is also a good kiosk/cafe for lovely steak rolls/sandwiches, meat pies, ice cream, etc. We had a most enjoyable and relaxed stay in this place!

Our two bedroom cabin aptly called BEACH HOUSE was everything (almost) we could wish for- self- contgained accommodation with a good size fridge, microwave, oven, stovetop and all the utensils and cooking equipment, plus there is a spa/jacuzzi in thje huge bathroom.

I said almost as we were hoping to have wireless coverage for our laptops, hubby and I both took ours to this trip! At least the kids can still watch movies in the computer's DVD. The cabin has a moderate sizde tv and we were able to borrow for free some movies we have not seen before from the resort's reception. Sadly, there was no wireless coverage around there.

There are also no Mac Donalds in town or any other fast food chain.

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written June 30, 2008
Tip Photo

fun in the sand just near our beach cabin

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lakefront Motel, Entrance North: Lakefront Accommodation, close to beaches,fishing

It was a pleasant stay, the place was close to our favourite fishing grounds and the beaches along the central coast, at the Entrance.

We booked a couple of nights in January, still during the school holidays and also during the Easter holidays. We love coming to this area as there are restaurants, cafes and other amenities nearby like picnic sites, not to mention our favourite fishing spots.

The hosts/owners are a couple and a business partner so the service is homestyle and personalised. It is like having a vacation with the comforts of home thrown in. Our unit upstairs had two bedrooms with queen sized beds, there is a full kitchen with a fullsized fridge unlike other places where the fridge is so tiny you can hardly fit in an average sized water bottle! The bathroom has a spa/jacuzzi as well.

The room service for our brekky and dinner was good too. Food was tasty and the servings are generous. My son and I always just share a main meal like the lasagne which came with hot vegies as well, good enough for the two of us. The burgers are good too. Brekky was the usual bacon, eggs, sausages ,baked beans sort of stuff but the servings are really big!

There are also sachets of coffee, sugar and tea and we got a good size milk in tetrapak unlike the little portions most hotels/motels give out.

The location is also another asset of this place, despite being near the main road, it was not as noisy at night. The rooms are a bit old but clean and very homely and gives that cottagey feel!

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Road Trip
  • Written June 29, 2008
Tip Photo

a short walk to our fave fishing spot

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful