128 Albert St, P.O. Box 6841, Auckland, North Island, 1030, New Zealand

Expedia.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• MJL's Profile Photo

One of the better places

A nice service and also a restaurant is nice. No swimming pool which is a drawback.

Unique Quality: Crowne Plaza Auckland sits atop the Atrium on Elliott shopping complex, in the heart of the central business district.

Directions: City centre location.

• Internet Robbery

I CANNOT believe a business hotel would charge $30 per day for internet. That is more than 15% of the room price. It is like a hidden charge. Boycott this hotel and stay somewhere else. We as consumers should DEMAND free internet. Charging for internet is like charging for toilet paper!!!!

• jag17's Profile Photo

Central Location

A very comfortable, business type, chain hotel. This was our last night in New Zealand, and we wanted something nice, and centrally located. The rooms were a decent size, had plenty of space for packing up suitcases, a mini bar, coffee/tea, and large bathroom. Several restaurants and some of the tourist spots are within walking distance.

• Xtian's Profile Photo

Central location in Auckland

Had an enjoyable stay at the Hotel. Complimentary biscuits, tea, coffee, milk. Friendly and helpful Concierge. Comfortable beds. Bathroom has shower and bath. Complimentary pay TV. Business centre (charge for internet usage, use of printer free).

Unique Quality: Fantastic proximity to Sky City. 10 mins walk to Customs House.

Directions: Heart of town

• What a Suite Deal

They had a special on an executive suite and what a room, was TWO stories with a huge TV and dining room downstairs and bedroom up, with a balconey. Was about $200.00 US but worth every penny. The staff was very friendly and Hadley on the info desk was great, let him tell you where to eat well!!!.

Directions: Downtown behind the sky tower

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Crown Plaza Auckland Hotel

This was formerly the Centra Hotel. The hotel is just a few minutes from Queen Street and just behind the Atrium on Elliott shopping complex. There are 352 guest rooms and 3 suites to choose from and the rooms start from the 16th level. All rooms have high speed internet access, two-way phone line, free morning newspapers, coffee and makers, cable/satellite TV, bathrobe, mini bar, hairdryer and iron/ironing board.

The hotel has a restaurant ‘Gantry's’, which is open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner and cocktail

More about Crowne Plaza Auckland

by zpoppy about Crowne Plaza Auckland

This hotel lacks charm, with paper thin walls, unless you can afford one of the 3 split level executive suites which are fantasic choose somewhere else. The hotel is handy for parking and is in the centre of the City near the SkyCity tower and Queen Street.

Nice business hotel

I stayed at the Crown Plaza Auckland in May for two nights. My stay here was very nice. The hotel has newly refurbished rooms and has a very nice touch to it. The restaruant in the Lobby area is excellent with a super buffet. The lobby and lounge area has nice atmosphere. I stayed on a club floor and its business class quality. If you are looking for 5 star luxary the next door hotel sky city grand is fantastic. My stay at the Crown Plaza was nice excepting upon checking out the front desk supervisor told me that I will see you in 4 years which made me feel like I dont fit here. I stay in hotels almost every week and mostly in 5 star plus hotels and I felt this was a arrogant comment. He was not polite in my opnion these type of people give this nice hotel a bad reputation.

The only place to stay in Auckland!

by TripAdvisor Member prof

We stayed here a week ago for 6 days, and I cannot express how great this hotel was!

We stayed on the club level and enjoyed the breakfast buffet, the afternoon tea and the evening drinks and appetizers. The service on every level was great. Stay here or don't stay in Auckland!

This is the #1 most popular hotel?! Eek!

I came to this hotel largely on the strength of the reviews at tripadvisor, and I regret my decision.

The twin-bed room was not very clean (particularly the carpet), the bathroom had no suction fan (so the mirrors fogged when taking a shower), and my biggest complaint -- they don't have unlimited internet access during a 24-hour period. This was a huge problem for me and perhaps other business folk who need to VPN into work and transfer files (for instance). When I inquired at the front desk about the internet access here and getting the fee reversed, they didn't tell the truth to me by stating they can't reverse the charges... they changed their story after I spoke with the company providing the service here, and they finally reversed the charges.

I went to the Hyatt Regency after an unpleasant night at the Crowne, and was much happier... they even have unlimited internet access during a 24-hour period for a reasonable fee.

With that said, the Crowne is not a bad hotel, but it's certainly not deserving of "Excellent"... it's closer to something between "Average" and "Above average".

great location for the price

by TripAdvisor Member matthew

Stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed our time here. Everything about the hotel was good for the price we paid (advance, internet) but a very annoying problem was we had a late flight out and arranged with the desk to have a later check-out which was ok with them but on returning in the afternoon to get our luggage from our room (managed to use the lift as someone had just got out on the lobby floor - they have card-keys) we couldn't get into our room as our keys were cancelled. There are no phones on the floors or we couldn't find any and as we were on about the 18th floor and no access to the lift due to our card-key de-activated, would have had to walk down the stairs. Luckily a member of staff appeared and helped us although this was only by accident. Complained to the desk but were only shrugged off.
Spoiled an otherwise enjoyable stay.

Great

We stayed here for a few nights in July and a few nights in August.

The room we had on the first trip was great, all that you need for a downtown hotel. The breakfast, even though a bit expensive, set you up for the day and was worth every penny. The staff were great and the location great too.

The room we had on our arrival in Aug was next to the one we had on our arrival. Even though it was bigger, it was a bit scruffy, but again no major complaints.

The view from the hotel rooms was great, we looked up to the Skytower and of a night with all the lights it was a lovely sight.

We found that we could use the internet as and when needed and $5 for an hour session was enough for us.

Would we stay again?? Not sure if we would like somewhere with a pool, but for the price it was a good all round choice.

Crowne Plaza, AucklandCrowne Plaza, Auckland