21 Whitaker Place, Auckland, New Zealand
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Oct 29, 2013 at 2:54 AM

*Please give some time to read this if you don't want to experience the same nightmare as many of us*

I have been living in Empire Apartments for almost months (signed a contract and I can't leave the place). I have lived in many other apartments before and this is by the WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. I usually don't like to leave bad comments but empire apartments is so terrible that I just have to share it with everyone. Here are the reasons why,

1) For the 9 months in empire, the lift was broken for almost 5 months. Not just that, the ONLY lift that was working was also incredibly dangerous because it was overused. Imagine 19 floors and each floor has at least 8 units and 3 people living inside each unit. Because of it's overused, the lift becomes very unstable and people get trap inside the lift all the time. I was trapped inside the lift for 3 times already. That's very unacceptable. The lift has already dropped a few level before and thank god I'm still alive. When I bring this issue up to the reception/manager. They keep telling us that they can't do much about it because waiting for the parts is beyond their control. But, 5 months, seriously ?

2) When me and my flatmates just moved in, one of my housemate's room has fleas. We just moved in 1 week and she got bite marks all over her body. Then when I realise that I have gotten the bites too, I keep calling the reception to ask if I could borrow a vacuum cleaner to vacuum my room (because I just flea bombed my room myself ). Guess what they say ? I'll get back to you and they never did. I called them again, and they said the same thing and never got back to me again. Sigh.....I am not sure if they ever care about the health and safety of the people living in empire.

3) Finally, the people working in the receptionist are SO RUDE. They have no respect for people at all.

All in all, it's still your own choice if you still want to live there. The pictures they provide makes empire seems like a nice place but those pictures are very misleading representation of the current state. This place is truly the EMPIRE OF HORRIBLE RESIDENCE.