Rydges Hotel Auckland

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• fachd's Profile Photo

Central location

We stayed at Rydges Harbourview Auckland for three nights. The location is very close to Sky Tower and Queen Street the commercial area of Auckland. Our room was clean and big enough for both of us. It had one queen size beds which were made daily. The bedrooms had a good view of the harbor and had a plasma flat screen television and mini bar. The bathroom provided with hair dryer, towels, shampoo and conditioner. The staffs were just ok, I think they need to smile a bit more and make the guest welcome. I think the showers need a door to stop the water going everywhere. I thought the hotel is just ordinary but the location is ideal if you only stayed for short time. We booked the hotel from Canberra Travel Agent. Per night the room cost was $150AUD and not including breakfast. I don’t think I would revisit the hotel.

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo

great hotel by the tower

I booked this hotel throught expedia and it was very cheap for European standards
    67 euros.

Unique Quality: when i got here i was really impressed by the nice room I had, with 2 walls of glass looking at the waterfront and tower on the other side, huge bed, huge flat plasma screen with cable tv, huge and clean bathroom :-)

• Fantastic Auckland location!

This hotel is in a fantastic location in Auckland. Just 2 minutes walk Sky City & Sky Tower, which is great.

The room was nice & clean and the staff were friendly.

Our room had a nice view of Auckland harbour.

The food in the restaurant was pretty good too.

Unique Quality: Great location in the heart of Auckland central. Practically right next to Sky Tower.

• mrmaulikshah's Profile Photo

Great Location

The hotel is located in downtown Auckland and is at walking distances from the harbour and other shopping areas. We were on our honeymoon and the hotel staff upgraded us free to a deluxe room on the top floor with fantastic views of the harbour bridge and the sae. We also got complimentary champagne and chocolates.

The room itself was pretty good and had soothing interiors. The service was prompt and courteous. The food at the hotel was good without being exceptrional. Its convenient location near the sky city complex and in downtown gives the visitor a lot of areas to cover by walking.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
    Just one suggestion, the hotel staff can be asked to smile a bit.....would definitely improve matters further

Unique Quality: Great view, good food, cozy room

More about Rydges Hotel Auckland

Rydges - good location

by easterntrekker about Rydges Auckland

This is a pretty good choice for a 3 star hotel in Auckland . It's a great location and the staff are very friendly and helpful with booking tours etc. The rooms are smallish but clean and have a mini bar and fridge and ironing board. There's a restuarant and bar too.

Nice place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member LegoMum

My family and I recently stayed here for 3 nights over the Easter break and we really had a nice experience with the Rydges. We stayed in deluxe rooms and I have no complaints about them. They were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The Rydges has recently been refurbished and I think this makes a big difference to your stay. There wasn't any musty hotel smell that you find in older hotels. The check in staff were very professional and friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I think it may be a good idea if the staff seat the guests, rather than telling people to sit anywhere. We were a group of six and we had to wait for a table to be set up because all of the tables were taken and in some cases a table that is normally meant for 4 people, was being occupied by 2. I would still come back to the Rydges, Auckland.

stylish

by TripAdvisor Member sjkinger

Only stayed there a night but the room was clean and contemporary. Didn't spend much time in the hotel but staff were helpful and the hotel is central. However, I did have one of the recently refurbished rooms. Very nice all the same!

Customer service does not exist in this place

by TripAdvisor Member Papamoa

Rooms are fine, clean, fresh decor, but the service is appalling. Personality and a friendly attitude must be left at the door when the front desk staff sign on.
I accidentally left a suit on a previous visit. This was thrown (not folded) in a bag and delivered to me on the subsequent stay. Why not leave it on a hangar! It looked like it had been through a wringer! No apology? The room was not refreshed/serviced during a two night stay. A room attendent who passed by and was asked about this just shrugged her shoulders and walked on. On both occassions the first bill did not match the internet offer and had to be amended. I joined this chain's Priority Guest scheme but if this is what they call priority service they haven't yet figured it out.
Highly unlikely to return to this place again.

Very Nice and Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member fresnoflashFresno_CA

My wife and adult daughter and I stayed at the Rydges for two nights. The hotel and furnishings are all relatively new and modern and clean. It is located near the Sky Tower where you can pick up the tourist tram that takes you to all of the major attractions and is a reasonable walk down to the waterfront area. We had an extra person in the room and they had failed to bring the necessary extra towels, etc. to accomodate that. We called and that was taken care of promptly and did not happen the next day. I would stay there again. I would not rate it as "excellent" only because it, like most modern hotels, lacks the "charm" of a really top rate older place.

Rydges Auckland

by Lozbelle

Ok, after a bit of investigation, we think we're going to stay at the Rydges Auckland. Is this a good choice? It's a bit more expensive than the New President but it seems to be more worthwhile...

Re: Rydges Auckland

by TravelSanta

I think you'll be happy with Rydges.

My favorite is still the Ascott Metropolis...

Comments