Waiuku Hotels

Our Members Say

• waiukuoldgirl profile photo waiukuoldgirl

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

waiuku motor lodge: friendly owners

On previous trips to Waiuku to visit elderly relatives, we have been actively discouraged to stay at Waiuku motor lodge in kitchener st. Comments have been that it is filthy, smelly, noisy etc.
HOWEVER, on our latest trip a local suggested that we give it a try as it was under new management.
We are so pleased we took his advice as we had a great experience.
The new owners are a lovely friendly couple who made us feel very special.
The studio unit we stayed in was warm and comfortable and, spotlessly clean.
The bed was awesome, we could have shared it with another couple and not known they were in bed with us.
We will certainly be staying there on our future visits, and will be recommending it to other members of the family.

The bed, and the personal attention by the owners.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Sailing and Boating, Camping
  • Written September 13, 2010

• speediea profile photo speediea

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

279 Kitchener Rd Waiuku Pukekohe: Waiuku Motor Lodge

This Motel has new owners since xmas 2009. Its a pity that the old owners seem to let the place get a bit rundown but the new owners are definately making improvements for the better. We had a studio room - it had new carpet, new bedding & towels and was very clean & tidy. If we were in the area again we would stay. New owners are freindly - no complaints from us. new phone number is 09 2358874. 279 Kitchener Rd Waiuku Pukekohe

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written January 24, 2010

• badmotorlodge profile photo badmotorlodge

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Waiuku motor lodge: Waiuku motor lodge - Updated (Aug 2010)

After previously having a very awful stay at the Waiuku Motor Lodge (279 Kitchener Rd) in November of 09, I have since revisited (August of 2010), and I am very pleased to say that I would not hesitate in recommending this place to others.

Firstly if you had the displeasure of staying at the lodge previous to November 09 or have heard stories, this place was disgusting and those stories would have all been true……It was BAD!!!

But on my recent visit my wife and I were amazed at how much the Lodge has been cleaned up and revamped.

We were greeted with a very clean and tidy property, that somebody has obviously invested a lot of time and energy into, we also inspected at least 6 of the rooms randomly throughout the Lodge including the rooms of which ourselves and other guests had particular problems with, and the other rooms we were able to view through the windows.

I’m pleased to say that the rooms are all very clean and comfortable, complimentary soaps, shampoo’s and stuff come in a sealed packaging, not just half a used bar of soap given to you at 2 am in the morning (Actually happened to our friends), and you can walk around bare foot without fear of catching something or requiring a tetnis shot.

We also inspected the rooms that stank of cat urine and 1000 cigarettes and I can say there is no trace or even hint of any stench in these rooms.

Richard and Angie the Lodge operators have done a fantastic job in cleaning the Lodge up and making it a nice place to stay, their hard work is very apparent in the attention to detail and the care they take to make sure you have a great stay with them.

The Lodge is close to Waiuku town and about 20 mins to Castaway’s, whatever your reason for coming to Waiuku I would not hesitate for a second to recommend the Waiuku Lodge to anybody, if you have any doubts I know Richard and Angie would be more than happy to give you a tour to show you how much the Lodge has changed.

• Opinion of Price: N/A