Matarangi Hotels

Our Members Say

• janny1 profile photo janny1
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Matarangi Beach Chalets: matarangi chalets rip off!!

I totally agree with Jos09!!
dont let appearances fool you!! Looks way better in pics than in reality We stayed there earlier this year and found the same thing with the Owners/managers. Certainly not welcoming - in fact the opposite

Money grabbing is a good word for it. As for 9 hours to clean them - for heavens sake - they are so small it wouldnt take 9 hours to redecorate and paint them inside.

They're not that close to the beach. Rent a holiday home - look at the holidays home web page for New Zealand!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Fishing, Golf
  • Written January 27, 2008

• jozza09 profile photo jozza09
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Chalets, Matarangi: BEWARE OF MATARANGI CHALETS

An expensive and well presented establisment. After paying the best part of $2000 to stay there we were shocked and dumbfounded at the manager's decision to not refund the bond of $55.

As a mature professional couple we are not in the habit of living like dirty teenagers in a flat and we kept the chalet ( which is only serviced once every 5 days) in clean condition. We also left it in a clean condition as well. On request of justification for her decision, the manager told me it took 9 hours to bring the chalet back to the standard it was found in. Yes, 9 hours to clean a small chalet. On further questioning I was not at all satified with her less than detailed explanation of what exactly they spent 9 hours doing. The matter was dropped and I found her manner both rude and condescending.

Although attractive on website, I would warn others to consider the other accom in Matarangi before staying here. For $170 a night it is not value for money. I can assume from this that hardly anyone gets their bond back if we didn't. I cleaned the chalet myself on two occasions in our 10 night stay. In addition, you have to pay for your own rubbish bags and are even treated to the delight of taking them to the local tip yourself.

DONT stay here. I say this not because I have an axe to grind but because I dont want others to experience what we did. They appear, in my humble to be nothing more than money grabbing and do not appear have their clients best interests at heart. They will charge you $25 per person per night as well if you have anyone stay in the chalet -apparently that's what it must cost for her to change the sheets. Their service and customer relations are beyond disappointing and it leaves you with a sour impression of the whole place.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average