277 Marine Parade, Napier, 4110, New Zealand
More about Napier
i site on Marine Parade - facilities next door
The monster cometh
Lush Green Valleys Dotted with White Sheep
Rental car in Napier
We will be arriving in Napier on the cruise ship Millenium in Novenber. We wish to rent a car for the day while we are in Napier and tour some of the area. Is there a car rental agency in downtown Napier? I have found car rental companies at the airport, but we have no way of getting to the airport. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Rental car in Napier
Here is one:
Go to www.newzealand.com and click on Travel.
Then go to Transport around NewZealand and you can choose Rental Cars. You can further search for Rental Cars in Hawkes Bay, then Napier.
There were more, but I just copied the above one.
Good luck and enjoy your day out exploring.
Re: Rental car in Napier
If a rental company is located at the airport this does not mean that they do not deliver the car to whichever location you want it.
So you could also contact budget rental companies like Rent-a-Dent and discuss your requirements:
Travel Tips for Napier
Great place for kids!
All sorts of things to do with children: Splash Planet, sheep sculptures, Marineland, the Aquarium, all the art deco architecture, the honey farm (and of course for the adults, the vineyards and the tapas bar!) I grew up in the area, so the best thing for me is the feeling of stepping back in time by about 50 years! (although youican buy a decent cappucino, which is a bonus)
A picturesque city park
When you are finished with your art deco walk or shopping tour, make your way to the lovely Clive Square.
A shady picturesque spot in the heart of the city, opposite the Art Deco Shop.
Just sit down on one of the benches and enjoy this city park.
Los frisos están influenciados por temas decorativos como :
* Los rayos a la salida del sol - que representa el amanecer de una nueva era moderna.
* La forma Rascacielos - simbólica del siglo 20.
* Símbolos de velocidad, potencia y de vuelo - la evolución de salir de nuevo en el transporte y las comunicaciones.
* Las formas geométricas - en representación de la máquina y la tecnología que se pensaba solucionaría todos nuestros problemas.
* La nueva mujer - se complacen en sus libertades sociales que ganó recientemente.
* Las culturas antiguas - por extraño que parezca, hubo una fascinación por las civilizaciones de Egipto y América Central.
The friezes are influenced by decorative themes as
* Sunbursts and fountains - representing the dawn of a new modern age.
* The Skyscraper shape - symbolic of the 20th century.
* Symbols of speed, power and flight - the exiting new developments in transport and communications.
* Geometric shapes - representing the machine and technology which it was thought would solve all our problems.
* The new woman - revelling in her recently won social freedoms.
* Ancient cultures - for oddly enough, there was a fascination with the civilizations of Egypt and central America.
An iron for the wood?
Not sure what was used to sculpt these recently removed trees from the local golf course (note how I chipped in with the opening) but they certainly caught my eye and I thought they were worthy of inclusion. I'm unsure of how many club lengths you might be allowed should your errant shot tarry there.
If you're going past on the main road you can't help but notice them.
ASB Bank interior
The ASB Bank in the centre of Napier city is one of only about 3 buildings in the city to have this special feature: Maori art incorporated into the stone work.
Considering it was done in the 1930's, I think this very special - indeed a very early embracing of indigenous culture.
Popular Hotels in Napier
64 Tennyson Street, Corner Tennyson St. & Marine Parade, Napier