Cape Reinga Hotels
Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 119
Spirits Bay Campground: Northern Most Campground
The Spirits Bay camping ground situated at the eastern end of the beach is nestled beside a stream that meanders its way through and finally reaches the ocean. It is the most northern accessible camping ground in New Zealand.
The grounds allow for many different types of locations for your camp site, from places beside the stream to places that are surrounded by the bush or out in the open.
The basic amenities of water, cold showers and toilet blocks are provided throughout the camp but for everything else you need to bring your own.
- Reviews: 119
Camping Grounds By Rerenga Wairua - Cape Reinga
While you can not camp at the cape itself, there are 4 camping grounds close to the cape.
Apart from Waitiki landing, all of the camping grounds are down metal roads and have very basic facilites but they are in stunning locations, situated right on the water's edge.
Tapotupotu and Kapo Wairua - Spirits Bay are both DOC run camps. Tapotupotu is the closest to the camp while Kapo Wairua is the northern most accessible campground.
More Information about Tapotupotu Campground
More Information about Kapo Wairua - Spirits Bay Campground
If you want to stay in Paua call into the Te Kao Store on your way north and enquire there as you may have to get keys for the gate. To stay at the Paua camping ground you must be totally self contained, including toilet facilities as there are no toilets at the campground.
Mozzies also like to camp at these places and come out on windless nights to feast on the blood of tourists so be prepared!
- Reviews: 119
Tapotupotu Bay Campsite (DOC): 2nd Most Northern Campsite
The campsite is situated by the river estuary, which is tidal and safe for swimming and watersports. You must take your own sleeping accommodation as well as cooking facilites and of course, food.
At low tide you can walk around the rocks - the rocks at the western end have great rock pools that warm up as the tide goes out and create safe swimming holes. Some are very deep. The water is so clear though that you can see how far down they go. Some are shallow and large.
However, be warned that mozzies also go here for their holidays!
Standard Facilities: Water, toilets, cold showers.
NZ$7.00 adult/night, NZ$3.50 child/night (5-15 years)
An idyllic spot popular with people and mozzies alike.
- Reviews: 465
Kaipowairua DOC: Mozzies
This campground hasn't got much, it's just close to Cape Reinga. We were driven away by the mozzies and went to sleep next to the road somewhere, without the mozzies.
There's cold water and a hole in the ground.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Book Hotels On Travelbug
- Travel Bug has over 25,000 Reviews on NZ Hotels, Motels, B&B's & More www.travelbug.co.nz/Hotels
- 90 Mile Beach is our home
- Accommodation. Meals. 4wd Tours We live Ninety Mile Beach! www.fishfarnorth.co.nz/
- Franz Josef Hotel
- Set amongst the rainforest in the heart of Franz Josef www.rainforestretreat.co.nz/
Explore the World
- Cape Reinga Accommodation
- Stylish, Spacious & Luxurious. 20% Summer Special. Book Online. www.doubtlessbayvillas.co.nz/Hotel
- New Zealand hotels
- Special rates for hotels Up to 75% off, book now! www.agoda.com/New_Zealand
- Old Oak - Boutique Hotel
- Great For Visits to Cape Reinga. View Our Rooms and Rates Online. www.theoldoak.co.nz/Cape_Reinga
- Hotels: Booking.Com
- Save up to 75% on your reservation! Book at over 275,000 hotels online www.booking.com/Hotels
- Treat Me Hotel Deals
- Amazing Deals on Hotel Rooms Daily. Join Treat Me & Save up to 90%! www.treatme.co.nz/HotelDeals
- Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.
- Save money, Book now !
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates