Best Western Gateway North Mtr

Based on 4 reviews

Tags

Budget Travel

Horrible experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 7, 2011

Stopped here for a coffee and a bite to eat while driving back to Auckland. The worst coffee we have ever had in our lives, made by someone who clearly had no idea how to make coffee or serve customers, but who tried to make up for it with arrogance, rudeness, and racist remarks. This miserable person who probably has quite a miserable life, turned out to be the manager! My partner who is a barista tried to tell him that the dishwater he put in the cup was not a long black, and his replies were "this is how we make it here" and "maybe in your country they make it differently", rather than listening to two clearly extremely unhappy customers and offering an apology, a replacement or a refund. Clearly someone with issues and despite his claim of "well we get hundreds of compliments", the place is run down, dirty, and completely empty. If I could tell some authorities about a terrible place and service like this, I would. If I could rate it with zero stars or negative stars, I would. If I was someone like the manager/owner I probably would have lost my cool, thrown the dishwater/"coffee" in his face and thrown over a few tables. But I'm not like that. But I am unhappy when people are rude, obnoxious, racist, and clearly have too many issues to be working in hospitality. I will tell as many people as I can to stay well, well away from this awful place and its staff. Oh, and the egg sandwich was so dry I had to throw it out, and my partner's chicken pie was cold and stale, in other words inedible even for a hungry stray dog. For constructive criticism, I would say that this place needs new management and staff, or it should just close up shop.

Nearby Best Western Gateway North Mtr

Kaiwaka Travel Forum

Need advice about Kaiwaka, New Zealand? Visit the Travel Forum for Kaiwaka and ask our Answer Gurus.

Kaiwaka Travel Guide