70 Seaview Road, Paihia, New Zealand
Priceline.com Tingo.com Booking.com

More about Paihia

St. Pauls, a real charmerSt. Pauls, a real charmer

Huge tree, nice buildingHuge tree, nice building

around the corner from the main streetaround the corner from the main street

RussellRussell

Paihia for New Years 2005

by Shade420

I am going to be traveling in New Zealand during New Years and had heard Paihia was a good place to be. I found out about a concert held at Haruru falls each year but can not find anything about this coming new years. Could anyone tell me if it is still on for this year (sponsered by Export Gold i think) and where to find it. If not can anyone tell me if anything is happening in Paihia or where a better place for New Years would be. Thank you very much. I would appriciate any help i can get.

by danielinnz

Hi you may want to try emailing these guys
Bay of Islands Information Centre Maritime Building, Paihia. Ph +64 9 402 7345
Email: visitorinfo@fndc.govt.nz

The other good place to be is Queenstown.

Cheers

Daniel.

by Kerikiwi

Kia ora
Paihia is always packed over New year, and as far as I know, Haruru Falls is going to be happening again.
It has been a great event since it started a few years back, and the location is perfect:. Shuttle buses are provided from Paihia to Haruru, and from Kerikeri.

by bike05

Hi
I am looking for the same event. Would you mind let me know if you got some info.

Cheers
Hormoz

by Natalie_nz01

Hi,

There's usually a New Year's Party up at Hururu Falls, Paihia (went there last year it was really awesome) but this year I think its at a different location Twin Pines, Paihia and it's called the Summer St Festival - New Years Eve 04/05 Party. $60. Main Line up is The Feelers, Opshop, The Have, Evermore and heaps more bands. I think theres free overnight camping (there was last year). See www.ticketek.co.nz and click 31st Dec on the calender (bottom right hand corner of the page) for more details. Hope this helps ya.

Have a great new year.

Natalie

by Fi123

Hi There!

Is the Haruru Falls concert normally an r18 event.
Cant seem to find anything about it, but have heard it was one REAL good New Years event last year!
Would be good if you could get back to me.Thanks :)
Fi

Travel Tips for Paihia

Sand Surfing near 90 Miles Beach Part 3

by darthmilmo

We tried hard to climb the steep slope, but we couldn't tolerate the hot sand. In the end, we ended up walking around the slope to a point were we could easily climb the hill. It was still hot, but as soon as we were on the other side of the slope (the side where the sun wasn't hitting) the sand got cool again. We heard the horn for the bus and that meant we had to go down here and now. We were about 2/3 up the first hill when that happened and decided to just ride from that point. Down we went. I was going so fast I had to yell to Connor to get out of the way. Apparently, he had lost control and had fallen over on the side I was riding. Luckily he ended up moving in time. I continued down the slope. As I reached the creek, I heard a big bump on my jaw and realized that I had accidentally bitten the inside of the cheek... yikes! I had a bit of blood on my inner mouth and boy did it hurt, but all in all I was alright. I was tired, dirty, covered with sand, and with a little bit of blood in my mouth. It was a perfect end for a day, but the day wasn't even close to being over! I climbed aboard the bus and took my seat.

Catch the ferry to Russell

by Kate-Me

There are both foot passenger only ferries (see pic 1) which leave from the jetty opposite the shops, right in Paiha, and then there's the car ferry (works out at the same price really, either method) which is about 3 kms further around the bay. Both take only about 10 minutes to make the crossing, and cost about $9 for a 1 way trip for 1 person.
It's about $20 return for 2 people to cross with a car.

Watangi Treaty House: the Treaty Ground

by darthmilmo

The Treaty Ground is a large grass field with a giant flagstaff marking the location of the 1840 Treaty of Waitangi. The tour of the complex continues as they let you into the Treaty House Residence, which was the home to some of early British government appointed officials to NZ.

Comments