Whangarei Hotels

• al2401 profile photo al2401
  • Reviews: 1010

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alpha Holiday Park: Comfortable cabin

Alpha Holiday Park is more than a campground. It is a site for caravans, campervans as well as tents. It also has tourist flats and studio appartments with various levels of service. It is part of the Kiwi chain which my mother and I used on our NZ road trip. If you pre-purchase a Kiwi card you are entitled to a discount on your accommodation and selected activities.

We chose self contained tourist flats/cabins with our own bathroom and kitchen facilities (in deference to my mother's age) but there are more basic units available with shared kitchen/bathroom facilities.

Clean spacious flat with comfortable beds and plenty of hot water. Friendly family owned. Undergoing renovations.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 30, 2012
Tip Photo

• arakauri profile photo arakauri
  • Reviews: 1

Whangarei Views Bed and Breakfast: Great B&B

It's a really modern apartment, great sofa and lounge, comfy mattresses, kitchen, garden, very nice hosts, views are good, too!

Outstanding is the quiet location next to a forest, high up over the valley. We felt very welcome by the young and interesting couple.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Birdwatching, Beaches
  • Written April 19, 2009

• fiberfreaks profile photo fiberfreaks
  • Reviews: 2

Whangarei Views B&B: Whangarei's best B&B

We loved our stay with Wendy and Urbi Naephlin .They are consummate hosts.My husband and I were apprehensive about staying at a B&B because we like our privacy but we needn't have been.Wendy and Urbi intuitively know how much or little attention you need.The apartment was very clean ,spacious and comfortable.Wendy's breakfast's are superb (try her homemade Muesli).She also does tours of Whangarei and the surrounding areas.They can tailor make it to your interests because of their vast knowledge of the art ,history,culture and recreation of Whangarei.
Their property is located high in the hills overlooking the valley so it is nice and quiet yet just minutes from all the action.You can wander on their nicely manicured grounds or sip coffee on the porch.Watching the sun come up over the mountains is a real treat.

Great views ,fantastic hosts,free wi-fi,super yummy breakfasts

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture, Hiking and Walking
  • Written April 15, 2009

• fiberfreaks profile photo fiberfreaks
  • Reviews: 2

Whangarei Views B&B: Whangarei's best B&B

There are not enough superlatives to describe our stay at Wendy and Urbi Naepflin's B&B.We fell in love with them and their establishment and trust me on this my husband and I are picky,picky,picky.They give you as much or as little attention as you want.You have to try Wendy's famous Muesli.IT's so delicious I had it every morning plus we were tempted with fresh fruit,artisan breads ,and a myriad of other tasty morsels.They also have an extensive knowledge of Whangarei and what it has to offer.Their location overlooks the Whangarei valley and gives you a feeling of peace and quiet yet is just minutes from all the action.They seem to anticipate your needs and act accordingly.Try them out and I promise you won't be disappointed.
www.whangareiviews.co.nz

Great views!Delicious breakfasts!spacious and comfortable accomodations!Free high speed internet!Great hosts!

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors