Egmont Eco Lodge YHA

Egmont Eco Lodge YHA
HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about New Plymouth

The bridge reminded me of one in HanoiThe bridge reminded me of one in Hanoi

Pasing through a  typical Kiwi neighborhoodPasing through a typical Kiwi neighborhood

Mt Egmont / Mt TaranakiMt Egmont / Mt Taranaki

Travel Tips for New Plymouth

Every NZ Office Needs One LOL

by cnango

My hubby photo shopped this picture years ago for a Kiwi in Napier that loved his Tui Beer. I decided to add this to my New Plymouth Page in honor of Hayley ( hailsbails) the ultimate Kiwi Party Girl LOL

Tui Beer is a popular Pale Ale made in NZ. Similar to a honey beer, it's sweeter and in my opinion better tasting than American beers like Coors & Bud (yuck) All around NZ you can find Tui on tap, and I have seen lots of Tui signs, umbrellas and of course those Tui hats worn by Pam (kiwi) and Hayley (hailsbails). Tui comercials are also very clever & funny, much like the Super Bowl Beer Ads in the USA.

New Plymouth

by cnango

New Plymouth is one of my favorite destinations in New Zealand. Mainly because I have dear Kiwi friends who live there.
My friends manage a farm with lots of sheep, cows, chooks and several household pets.From their back porch you can see a volcano.The volcano's European name is 'Mt Egmont' which is what my friends say they were taught to call it in school growing up. Today many people prefer to call it by its Maori name Mt Taranaki' .Which of those names is 'correct' depends on who you ask of course LOL. New Plymouth was the location of the the movie 'Last Samurai ' starring Tom Cruise. They digitally removed the point on the top of the volcano so it could pass as Mt Fuji in ancient Japan. The reason NZ is so becoming popular for several movies is that it has not been mass developed like so many other countries & has an abundance of nature still unspoiled. New Plymouth is located on the west coast of the North Island in NZ. I have walked along the beach once but most of my time there has been on the farm outside of town in a rural location. I like staying on the farm enjoying Kiwi hospitality & experiencing a true cultural exchange.

Comments