Miranda Hotels

• kiwi profile photo kiwi
  • Reviews: 755

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Miranda Holiday Park: Exceptionally clean and tidy camp

This is undoubtedly the cleanest and most tidy holiday park / camp ground I have stayed in. Management are very accommodating and friendly, eagre to please.
We stayed in the backpacker / tourist lodge accommmodation which is $34 per person. Each of these rooms sleeps 5 so you are not in a room with a lot of people. There were two of us and we had a room to ourselves. This is a 'bring your own bedding' area. Refridgerator provided in room.
You can choose apartments or chalets if you want. These are $145 - 195 for two people.
As well there is area for camper vans as well as tents. $22 per adult.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The lounge area can be separated in two with large folding doors, with a large screen tv in both areas.
A nice computer station also in one lounge for internet accessibility.
The kitchen is very modern and well equipped with good cooking utensils available. There are large refridgerators for campers to use. Plenty of hot water, and a coffee machine.

The ablution block was immaculate and regularly cleaned through the day as was the kitchen.
Plenty of hot water, showers limited to 6 minutes, but that was plenty long enough.
I was absolutely impressed with this facility.

The most unique quality of this camp is undoubtedly the hot pools. Mineral water, and very nice ambient surroundings. No reason to go to public pools nearby.

One feature of our Tourist Lodge room I really liked was the four-plug electrical facility. A real must in this technical age.

I was impressed at the cloths supplied to wipe down surfaces in both the shower area and kitchen.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written December 28, 2011
Tip Photo

Camp hot pool better than public ones

• kiwi profile photo kiwi
  • Reviews: 755

Miranda Shorebird Centre: Birdwatchers' Delight

I did not stay here but intend to in the future and had a good look around. What I saw interested me, and I will definitely return.

This is a great facility, for anyone interested in nature. There is a very well presented information area about the shore birds and about the location. The resident 'keeper' is a very well informed and interesting man who has been here for some 18 years. He can give you all the information you want about the particular birds you can see here. As well he is the author of a very respected book about the Bar Tailed Godwits, which are the Arctic nesting shorebirds who arrive here for Southern summer months to feed.
The Centre has hut style accomodation, either self contained, or bunkrooms. There is a nice lounge overlooking a wetland and well equipped and very tidy kitchen area.
Given the nature of viewing the shorebirds, often dependant on the tide, sleeping over makes sense to better maximise your chance to see what you want. Miranda is a bit 'out of the way' so I recommend staying if you don't mind basic, yet comfortable facilities. The Centre is run by a Trust, and relies heavily on volunteer work, another admirable factor. I was happy to leave a donation.

• Opinion of Price: about average