Wairarapa Hotels

Our Members Say

• craic profile photo craic
  • Reviews: 392

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Peppers Martinborough Hotel: A really nice hotel

We got a very good rate on this hotel on wotif.com because it was winter and there were no wine tasting festivals etc going on.
Because I was with my son we got a twin bedded room - and these are all in the new annexe out the back. And they are perfectly nice, even luxurious, but I would have loved to have stayed in the old building with the beautiful verandah all around. All the rooms there are called historical names and are furnished in different styles. I had a poke around and they are just lovely! Mind you, I don't know if they would be terribly romantic - what with people taking the air on the verandah just outside your window!
They have a library with a log fire, and a lovely garden, and their bistrot is famous - but very expensive.
But much of the same food is served in the front bar at very reasonable prices. (No vegetarian options when we were there.)
And they are so convenient. Right in the town square.
What a lovely place to stay. I actually want to live there.
I remember it back in 1980 and it was a very rough pub, it was practically falling down, and it had its own special ambience back then - but I am so happy it has ben saved and prettified up.
Rack rate is about $300 I think - we paid under $100.
And in spite of being winter the weather was mild and sunny. Almost hot. It has a different climate to Wellington. In spite of being so close. It is protected by the Rimutakas from the chilly blasts up from Antarctica.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written April 22, 2009
Tip Photo

On the town square.

• vtveen profile photo vtveen
  • Reviews: 1536

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ross Glyn Homestay: a real homestay

We had some wonderful days at Ross Glyn. We really felt at home in this homestay with Ken & Odette.

Room with a veranda
Large landscaped gardens
A yummie breakfast
Warm en friendly hosts

A quiet spot with very friendly and warm hosts.
Perfect stay.